Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite thing about the US?

What's your favorite thing about the US?

Old May 2nd 2012, 5:13 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favorite thing about the US?

And the beer. I forgot the beer.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:17 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
People reciprocate.
Really? Would you reciprocate with him?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:18 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
And the beer. I forgot the beer.
You mean the piss coloured liquid that poses as beer?
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:22 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Really? Would you reciprocate with him?
I meant that "people" are always annoyed with him too, so I already do!

You mean the piss coloured liquid that poses as beer?
That's only the stuff the great unwashed masses drink - beer flavoured water, I call it. There are plenty of good beers here, if you're prepared to look them out.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:33 pm

I meant that "people" are always annoyed with him too, so I already do!
We all do.

That's only the stuff the great unwashed masses drink - beer flavoured water, I call it. There are plenty of good beers here, if you're prepared to look them out.
Yeah I've found plenty of them too. I was really referring to the shite that's labelled and served up as "domestic draft," in every bar or restaurant that I visit.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:35 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

We all do.

Yeah I've found plenty of them too. I was really referring to the shite that's labelled and served up as "domestic draft," in every bar or restaurant that I visit.
If you have a BJ's Brewhouse near you, try their beers. They have a good range (many brewed in-house) - I particularly like the "Jeremiah Red". Great flavour and pretty strong.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:40 pm

If you have a BJ's Brewhouse near you, try their beers. They have a good range (many brewed in-house) - I particularly like the "Jeremiah Red". Great flavour and pretty strong.
Yeah there's one in Tampa and Orlando actually. I've tried a couple of their brews and they were pretty good, but I have't been in there in a long time.
Thanks for the tip on the brew Next time I'm near one, I'll give it a go.
Old May 2nd 2012, 7:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If you were paid no salary and had to rely on selling for your income, you'd probably be a little pushy too. That, or starve.
They're probably forced into it anyway or get sacked. They're likely rated by various things they try and sell like credit cards and if they don't hit certain numbers get given the bounce.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

The closest one to me is in bloody Indianapolis. Bugger.

We have a good brewery/pub nearby that the band plays in regularly so not only do I get to drink some good beers - I get to drink them for free as well
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:54 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The closest one to me is in bloody Indianapolis. Bugger.

We have a good brewery/pub nearby that the band plays in regularly so not only do I get to drink some good beers - I get to drink them for free as well
Beer always tastes better if it's free!
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Unless it's the usual Gnat's P*ss made over here. Doesn't matter if it's free or they pay you to drink it - it's still Gnat's P*ss.

Jim.
Old May 2nd 2012, 9:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Very much so. They actually do a decent pint in there, with not too bad a range. They do a seasonal red ale over St. Pats that is bloody lovely. Made sure I had a few of those when I was playing there this year.

Right across the road is a bar with well over 30 taps serving beers from all over the US, UK and Europe. They do cask ales every now and then as well and the best thing is - NO TV!!! One of my absolute favourite pubs over here, it feels very much like the pubs I was used to back home. It's 15 miles from my gaff though. One day we'll have enough money to move to that town and that place will be my local. One day. Honest.
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:49 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Unless it's the usual Gnat's P*ss made over here. Doesn't matter if it's free or they pay you to drink it - it's still Gnat's P*ss.

Jim.
I wouldn't let it past my lips even if it was free.
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Dairy Queen Chocolate Dipped waffle bowl sundaes (turtle with pecans and whipped cream).
Old May 3rd 2012, 1:50 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Automatic garage door openers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.