Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 3:31 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Congrats Englishmum! Welcome to the world of dual tax filings

I'm very glad you'll be voting - we need all the help we can get.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 5:32 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Congrats Englishmum! Welcome to the world of dual tax filings

I'm very glad you'll be voting - we need all the help we can get.
Thank you everyone who has posted kind messages

OK....I know it's the 'Daily Mail' but this is depressing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-ROMNEY.html

I do wonder why there has never been a 'third party' and why only the Democrats and Republicans are so prominent.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

NEWSFLASH, READ ALL ABOUT IT, READ ALL ABOUT IT,
I am just watching BBC1 10 o' clock News, the second story was The Sun Newspaper has decided officially to print poor embarrassed Prince Harry's Naked Pictures on there Front Page ----- TOMORROW!!!! despite the Queen's spokespeople at the Palace pleading with the newspaper to not print the pictures,
The newspapers comment was we feel that the British Public are entitled to see the same naked pictures that has been on front pages of newspapers across the world today.
As everyone on this forum probably knows ----- The SUN Newspaper has been famous for decades ----- like at least 50 years that I can remember for the page three Naked Girl Pics, ----- So now tomorrow the nation will see a Front Page Naked Pic of a Prince, thats probably a first!!!!

Last edited by jasper123; Aug 23rd 2012 at 9:39 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
I am just watching BBC1 10 o' clock News, the second story was The Sun Newspaper has decided officially to print poor embarrassed Prince Harry's Naked Pictures on there Front Page ----- TOMORROW!!!! despite the Queen's spokespeople at the Palace pleading with the newspaper to not print the pictures,
The newspapers comment was we feel that the British Public are entitled to see the same naked pictures that has been on front pages of newspapers across the world today.
As everyone on this forum probably knows ----- The SUN Newspaper has been famous for decades ----- like at least 50 years that I can remember for the page three Naked Girl Pics, ----- So now tomorrow the nation will see a Front Page Naked Pic of a Prince, thats probably a first!!!!
Who says News of the World is dead
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant wait for them to Squish Murdoch, Id love to see him squirm, I see him as the most powerful man in the world, brainwashing the fools who cant think for themselves, He has to be stopped, throw him and his kid in jail, chuck the Mrs in too, they are all scum... The News of the World has passed on but there is plenty more where that came from, Skynews, FoxNews and all his newspapers need to go...
Old Aug 24th 2012, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I cant wait for them to Squish Murdoch, Id love to see him squirm, I see him as the most powerful man in the world, brainwashing the fools who cant think for themselves, He has to be stopped, throw him and his kid in jail, chuck the Mrs in too, they are all scum... The News of the World has passed on but there is plenty more where that came from, Skynews, FoxNews and all his newspapers need to go...
Yes I agree Fish but it wont happen in our lifetime, how will the Political parties in the U.S. U.K. Australia and wherever else get there big chunk of campaign money from if he is put out of business?
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree Fish but it wont happen in our lifetime, how will the Political parties in the U.S. U.K. Australia and wherever else get there big chunk of campaign money from if he is put out of business?
Rod, its not about campaign money, the corporations provide most of that, its about the brainwashing that his organization performs on a daily basis, lieing to people and creating fear in their minds.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 3:32 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

OK....I know it's the 'Daily Mail' but this is depressing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-ROMNEY.html

I do wonder why there has never been a 'third party' and why only the Democrats and Republicans are so prominent.
Money is the answer to the last question.

But on the former, don't be depressed. That article is a steaming pile of ****. The secret that none of the American media is talking about is that Obama is way ahead in polls when you count by state (electoral college). If the election was today, it would be an easy win for him.

Here's an updated poll tracker so you can see the reality versus the Daily Mail's fantasy!
http://core.talkingpointsmemo.com/election/scoreboard
Old Aug 25th 2012, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

And as a reminder for those who might have been living under a rock for the past year, Downton Abbey will return to TV screens next month. Quote

Cheers
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
And as a reminder for those who might have been living under a rock for the past year, Downton Abbey will return to TV screens next month. Quote

Cheers
Thanks cheers I cant wait, love Downton Abbey, and my other favorite is Doc Martin, is he coming back with his new series next year? I think thats what you said before he is making adds on TV for a company right now, he rides a motor bike with a side car and a big cartoon character dog rides in the side car, CUTE!!!! cant remember what he is advertising but there all good commercials,
Rodney.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 11:49 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks cheers I cant wait, love Downton Abbey, and my other favorite is Doc Martin, is he coming back with his new series next year? I think thats what you said before he is making adds on TV for a company right now, he rides a motor bike with a side car and a big cartoon character dog rides in the side car, CUTE!!!! cant remember what he is advertising but there all good commercials,
Rodney.
Hi Rodney,

Yes, Doc Martin is coming back for another season and I think it will air in 2013. I am really looking forward to that. I think the ad is for Churchill insurance with the bulldog. I wish I had ITV 3 as they are running DA from the beginning. Looking forward to the new season next month. Better get stocked up on the chockie biccies!
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cheers

Cheers
With a re-run of the original Series first. Don
Old Aug 27th 2012, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I will check on Dr Martin. I think we haven't seen series 6 here in the US yet except on youtube.
They are going to film a new series in 2013.
Stay tuned.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone, I had to share my weekend camping in The Trossachs, Loch Lomond.
My boss forced me to take a couple of days off, actually she said I was suppose to take a week off but we agreed that if I took Friday off and because I only work Tuesday through Friday that would be okay, she paid me a whole week of wages as holiday pay.
So on Friday I decided to pack the car with, air mattress, sleeping bag, packed lunch and a few other supplies and take off to Loch Lomond. Well when after we had spent most of the day exploring I decided I had better find a campground, this is where disaster struck, well sort of. There is a law in Scotland (according to campground owners) that does not allow for people to camp in a campground if they are planning to sleep in their car (mine is an estate, so very comfortable with the air mattress in the back with seats folded down), I explained that I would pay the full amount of camp fees but they would not relent and allow me to stay. So, it is now almost 8:30pm getting dark and no where to stay. Decided to backtrack down a used but not busy road and find a place to pull off and sleep for the night. Luckily found an area off the road in a horse shoe design with mountains and bracken field in the back, gravel under my tires (as I was afraid that if I was in a muddy area and it continued to rain I might get bogged down) so very secluded and away from traffic. I had already blown up the air mattress at home, so just had to unroll the sleeping bag, change into some loose warm clothing, wash my face, take Mac for a walk and get into bed. Easier said than done, because I now had the back seat down and an air mattress on top of that, this meant that the entrance to the back through the back passenger door was smaller and I kept smacking my head on the top of the door, finally did get in looking like a pretzel. I then decided after ten minutes of getting myself into the sleeping bag that I had better lock the doors, well again that idea was easier in my mind than in reality as I could not reach the front electric lock to lock all the doors from where I was. So out the door I get again, (you couldn't see your hand in front of your face, it was so dark) push the front drivers seat forward, move the back of the seat downward and again hitting my head on the top of the door got into bed, this way I was able to lock all the doors and on my car I can unlock/lock the back door without unlocking all the doors.
As I was laying there, I thought how stupid this idea was, I am a woman alone, in an isolated area, with a small (although heart of lion) Yorkshire Terrier, no one knew where I was and my mobile was in the front floor of the passengers side of the car. I then decided to put everything out of my mind as it was now after 10pm and there was no way I was getting back out of the car and either getting the phone or driving back to Ayr at that time of night. All night long, every time I would wake up, my little guard dog was doing just that, sitting up on guard. It was about 4am in the morning I had been awoken with Mac giving a low growl, I could not see anything but found my mind racing with all sorts of stupid thoughts. The night was quite misty with rain and as I was laying there, got to thinking about the history of the area and that took me down the mind lane if a 16th century Highland warrior came out of the bracken and faded into the night mist what the heck would I do. Eventually I did fall asleep as I was actually very cozy in my sleeping bag and the air mattress was very comforable. Woke up at around 8am, changed my clothes behind the car, washed my face, brushed my teeth and took Mac for a walk. Had a great breakfast at a little restuarant called Rob Roys (person who Macgregor is named after) and headed home the scenic way along the sea. Poor Mac, came home, grabbed his favourite teddy bear and slept for 6 hours lol.
On Sunday my friend picked me up and we walked for 4 miles from a little town called The Maidens to Culzean Castle with our dogs. I was amazed that I could actually do this, as this time last year I would not have been able to, so I am very proud of myself for a couple of things, went camping by myself and lived to tell the tale and went for a 4 mile walk and again lived to tell the tale.
The total cost of my overnight camping trip was less than £20.00, which included two meals in a restuarant. I could of made my own meals but decided to treat myself. The boost to my self esteem was priceless, and I learned some do's and don'ts of camping in a car. I do plan to this more, but perhaps next year invest in a tent called a Carnex, it is made by a company in Oban and for my car will cost me £350. It allows you to sleep in the back of the estate, 4x4, or even a hatchback and still have a good sized area for changing clothes etc. It attaches to the back of your car but it can also be self standing so that you can leave it at your campsite.

Last edited by Easterndawn; Aug 27th 2012 at 4:22 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2012, 4:13 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Easterndawn, you really are an adventurer. I wouldn't even have the courage to camp alone in a campground, let alone where you did. What a weekend and hats off to Wee Mac for standing guard during the night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.