Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Jul 1st 2013, 11:15 am
Just Joined

piramida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

piramida is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hi everybody,
I have one question - My visa is Subclass 173 - Shell I buy one way ticket, or return? Please help if anybody knows
Thank you
Old Aug 14th 2013, 2:17 am
Just Joined

Cynth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've made an application for my mum to migrate to Oz under the 143 category in mid June/2013. So far, we haven't heard anything from them. My credit card hasn't been debited yet.

It's been about two months without an acknowledgement. Is this normal? Should I write to Perth?

thanks
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:45 am
Just Joined

CPV2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, been lurking a while but this is my first post. Applied for 143 early May, credit card deducted early June, received acknowledgment/receipt early July via email. Hope this helps. Fred
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

My in-laws applied for the CPV 173 last year Aug from the UK and were told by their agent to expect a 12-14 month wait for a case officer. It has now been almost 17 months and they are getting very nervous. Anyone else in the same boat with regards to the longer wait or are you still getting case officers in the 12-14 month range? I know each application is different but theirs is pretty straight forward, from a low risk country etc. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 5th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lynetteh
My in-laws applied for the CPV 173 last year Aug from the UK and were told by their agent to expect a 12-14 month wait for a case officer. It has now been almost 17 months and they are getting very nervous. Anyone else in the same boat with regards to the longer wait or are you still getting case officers in the 12-14 month range? I know each application is different but theirs is pretty straight forward, from a low risk country etc. Thanks in advance!
I understand that applications are currently taking around 18 months, so if they haven't heard anything within the next month, maybe contact the parent visa processing centre in Perh.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:10 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/payin...card-payments/

The Department of Immigration has announced that it is introducing a surcharge for payments of Visa Application Charges made by credit card with effect from the 19th of April, 2014.

The rates which will apply are as follows:

> Visa and Mastercard – 1.08%
> American Express and JCB – 1.99%
> Diners Club International – 2.91%

For a couple applying for a 143 or 864 visa this means that the surcharge when paying by credit card amounts to well over A$800.

More details are at this link about how to avoid the surcharge.

Best regards.
Old May 4th 2014, 8:21 am
Just Joined

alzo_frito is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. It's been over 5yrs now since we used britishexpats when we migrated to AUS. In that time we have had another child and enjoying the sunshine and the rest of what the country has to offer.

Hoping someone can provide us some advise. My parents now want to migrate to Australia and are aged 67 and 65. My dad has had his fair share of medical issues with a stroke 10yrs ago and been on disability since that time and has had a bi-pass 3yrs ago.

Reading this thread my gut tells me that there'a a very good chance he will not qualify on medical grounds. Hoping someone can enlighten me on his chances. I realise no one here is a medical practitioner but has anyone had or heard of a situation like this and being denied on medical grounds? even if all the other requirements are passed?

In addition I have heard of conflicting requirements to be covered under medicare. My understanding is that from the time you apply for the 143 for a husband and wife the costs are approx $20k for the application and includes the cost of medicare when they are here? or is it $20k for the application and then $20k for a medicare bond? that is held for 10yrs and if not used is refunded at the end of 10yrs.

Appreciate any input. Txs. Kat
Old May 4th 2014, 8:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alzo_frito

In addition I have heard of conflicting requirements to be covered under medicare. My understanding is that from the time you apply for the 143 for a husband and wife the costs are approx $20k for the application and includes the cost of medicare when they are here? or is it $20k for the application and then $20k for a medicare bond? that is held for 10yrs and if not used is refunded at the end of 10yrs.

Appreciate any input. Txs. Kat
He may well fail on medical grounds but no one is really able to tell you that definitely.

The fees for the 143 visa are around $40000 per applicant with a bond of $14000 per couple.

The vida holders will be eligible for medicare and all the other rights of a permanent visa holder

The $14000 is returnable after 10 years but the rest is not.

For a couple you are looking at around $100000
Old May 4th 2014, 9:18 am
Just Joined

alzo_frito is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Grayling. Appreciate the quick reply.

I assume you lose the $40k in the process. Ie apply, pay the $40k at registration and if denied you lose the $40k? And I assume that is why folks apply for the 173 as it is less expensive?

Last edited by alzo_frito; May 4th 2014 at 9:21 am.
Old May 4th 2014, 9:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alzo_frito
Thanks Grayling. Appreciate the quick reply.

I assume you lose the $40k in the process. Ie apply, pay the $40k at registration and if denied you lose the $40k? And I assume that is why folks apply for the 173 as it is less expensive?
No you don't lose the $40000. That is only payable if the application is successful as far as I know....it is a long time since we got this visa

Remember....it is $40000 per person...not for a couple. The $14000 bond is for a couple.
Old May 13th 2014, 1:07 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833786

End of old non Contributory Parent visas as an option for new applicants ...

Best regards.
Old May 30th 2014, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Blueray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I am in deep trouble. Please help me. DIAC has given me 28 days to submit all the documents and out of which 10 days have already gone. I have to get my passport reissued and then get my police clearance certificate done and this would take approx 60 to 90 days. Will DIAC give me so much extension of time? I have submitted all other documents. I am really tensed. I have no idea about how much extension at the most does DIAC give to people. Please help me if you are aware of this or if anyone has gone through similar situation.
Old May 30th 2014, 2:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blueray
Hi all, I am in deep trouble. Please help me. DIAC has given me 28 days to submit all the documents and out of which 10 days have already gone. I have to get my passport reissued and then get my police clearance certificate done and this would take approx 60 to 90 days. Will DIAC give me so much extension of time? I have submitted all other documents. I am really tensed. I have no idea about how much extension at the most does DIAC give to people. Please help me if you are aware of this or if anyone has gone through similar situation.
Hi Blueray - have you communicated with your CO about this?

You probably won't get any replies for several hours from the Oz BE team, it's the middle of the night
Old May 30th 2014, 5:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blueray
You need to ask your CO and tell them why you need the extension. No one on here can tell you whether your CO will be wiling to wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.