Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:58 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hope I'm posting this in the right place!
S-in-L had his Centrelink interview for the AOS today (Dec 1st-Steve cd you update the tracker please?) but in spite of turning up with a barrow load of documentation he was 1 pay slip short.

He is allowed however to take that into any Centrelink office not the City Centre one which saves a load of time-may be useful info for those who live some distance from the main Centrelinks?

We now await the letter with permission to open the bond guarantee thingy..not too long now hopefully though the 28 days given by the CO seems to be passing very quickly....!

Fiz
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by fiz
S-in-L had his Centrelink interview for the AOS today (Dec 1st-Steve cd you update the tracker please?) but in spite of turning up with a barrow load of documentation he was 1 pay slip short.

He is allowed however to take that into any Centrelink office not the City Centre one which saves a load of time-may be useful info for those who live some distance from the main Centrelinks?

We now await the letter with permission to open the bond guarantee thingy..not too long now hopefully though the 28 days given by the CO seems to be passing very quickly....!

Fiz
Don't you all get paranoid now Course you are - its just a split between the actual stuff about how to apply for the visa, what to do, what to supply to DIAC, how to pay the bond, and we got the visas!!!!
The other thread just gives you somewhere else to chat about vegemite (which I used to buy in Asda), tim tams, drivers licences, the weather, and where are we going to live - all the lifestyle stuff - which is why its in our Aus lifestyle forum Easiest way to think of it is like a split between BC (or BV - Before Visa) and AD (or AV - After Visa)

Hope your centrelink stuff comes through quickly!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 4:21 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
All done Fiz! It's tough when you're one pay slip short of a full application, but tablets are available.

Les, my post count is heading towards 1,000 with a minimum relevancy content of 10% (or 5% of the RDA). We do see the point Moderator Pollyana, genuinely, of having this thread with more fact in it; we've also all got used to each others' sense of humour, which will shine through whilst delivering key facts!

Any fellow posters know who goldcoaster is? Still awaiting acknowledgement on the tracker, but perhaps not active on BE.com.

All for now from thundery, wet, humid Melbourne.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! YES,YES, YES, We have a Case Officer, opened up the email this morning and what a wake up, now have to try and concentrate on a day at work. One thing we noted is that we have 49 days to complete, which is longer than we thought we would get. Will have to wait until tonight to break out the booze!!! steve, please update the tracker, look out Lez.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't you all get paranoid now Course you are - its just a split between the actual stuff about how to apply for the visa, what to do, what to supply to DIAC, how to pay the bond, and we got the visas!!!!
The other thread just gives you somewhere else to chat about vegemite (which I used to buy in Asda), tim tams, drivers licences, the weather, and where are we going to live - all the lifestyle stuff - which is why its in our Aus lifestyle forum Easiest way to think of it is like a split between BC (or BV - Before Visa) and AD (or AV - After Visa)

Whilst I can see that the forum has become very long and therefore a new start may be a good idea, I think that the split may have a detrimental effect on the spontaneity of the discussion - I do not think that people will deliberately log onto a different site to make a different comment. All the participants on this thread are coming from the same place - a CPV application, the 'journey', the final move to Australia and the building of contacts there. This thread was a one-stop-shop for so many issues that are of huge importance to those of us who are moving to Australia in the later years of our lives and for some it is of huge importance to ask all sorts of seemingly irrelevant details. Many of the 'unrelated' comments are still relelvant to the whole experience and having to search 2 threads for an answer may not be very productive! My experience of the thread was made all the better by being a mixture of procedural issues and personal experiences. I will watch with interest but not very often - too hard!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 5:51 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Whilst I can see that the forum has become very long and therefore a new start may be a good idea, I think that the split may have a detrimental effect on the spontaneity of the discussion - I do not think that people will deliberately log onto a different site to make a different comment. All the participants on this thread are coming from the same place - a CPV application, the 'journey', the final move to Australia and the building of contacts there. This thread was a one-stop-shop for so many issues that are of huge importance to those of us who are moving to Australia in the later years of our lives and for some it is of huge importance to ask all sorts of seemingly irrelevant details. Many of the 'unrelated' comments are still relelvant to the whole experience and having to search 2 threads for an answer may not be very productive! My experience of the thread was made all the better by being a mixture of procedural issues and personal experiences. I will watch with interest but not very often - too hard!
Exactly my sentiments. The sparkly thread was a mixture of facts, experiences before & after CPV stage, with a bit of leg pulling thrown in. I will certainly not be going to another thread to rib Les or Steve about what they put on their toast, where they come from or if they travel 1st or economy!

So good luck all those that are waiting for and all those that have your CPVs, I will not be posting anymore - I've suddenly lost my sense of humour.

Matt
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:45 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framboy
YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! YES,YES, YES, We have a Case Officer, opened up the email this morning and what a wake up, now have to try and concentrate on a day at work. One thing we noted is that we have 49 days to complete, which is longer than we thought we would get. Will have to wait until tonight to break out the booze!!! steve, please update the tracker, look out Lez.
Hello - congratulations! tracker updated.

I have to agree with the sentiments despite my lame attempts to be diplomatic. I don't have time to log into 2 threads either.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

I agree entirely with the above comments. sad sad day for those appyling for parent visas - this thread WAS really helpful to me. I don't think it will be as helpful for others. A real pity.

Charlie
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:47 am

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Very disappointed with the policy change, to me it seemed that the old codgers that subscribe to this thread had our own "rather peculiar" comments, which are very sympathetic to our sometimes strange views, but it has always had a twist of humour to make the journey fun.

My additions though few and of a more of information based comments were balanced by the sense of humour that prevailed across the thread, the comments from Sir Matt, from Les and Charlie and others are what encouraged me to the thread in the first place.

Could this be the kiss of death to one or the other Contributory Parent Visa pages that now exsist???
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by framboy
Congratulations from a snow bound Essex, just can't imagine how you feel, it's given us butterflies already.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

I guess BE has never heard of the term 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Out of interest how many complaints has BE had about the thread in it's old form?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Exactly my sentiments. The sparkly thread was a mixture of facts, experiences before & after CPV stage, with a bit of leg pulling thrown in. I will certainly not be going to another thread to rib Les or Steve about what they put on their toast, where they come from or if they travel 1st or economy!

So good luck all those that are waiting for and all those that have your CPVs, I will not be posting anymore - I've suddenly lost my sense of humour.Matt
Funny that, I was thinking the same, but then I thought give it another day and if the chat gets moved about the place then I will go to that other place that must not be mentioned.

I have enjoyed the mix of help and leg pulling over the past year and it is sad that that has to be broken up for no good reason.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Funny that, I was thinking the same, but then I thought give it another day and if the chat gets moved about the place then I will go to that other place that must not be mentioned.

I have enjoyed the mix of help and leg pulling over the past year and it is sad that that has to be broken up for no good reason.
AS I have just posted on the chat thread, if you have a problem please take it up with Sue, site Admin.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

AS I have just posted on the chat thread, if you have a problem please take it up with Sue, site Admin.
Dear Sue, I am asking for you to reconsider the recent decision to split the CPV thread in two.

Even though the decision has some logic to it the people that use that thread stay with it for more than almost two years because of the time it takes to get the visa and so they build up a different relationship to each other that may not be the case on other threads.

Our age range being in the 50's to late 60's makes us more likely to rabbit on a bit when a question or subject comes up. It is also a stressful time for us so sometimes the leg pulling that goes on is off topic but helps to let off steam in a gentle way.

I do not understand on the length of the thread is an issue as any new person joining the thread is always helped out or linked to an answer so the chatter should not be a problem to new members. Even the person who has posted in favour of the split has had all of his questions answered on the day he asked them.

It would be a shame if some of the most experienced and helpful members stopped posting but it does appear that a majority of posters are against the split.

It is after all your site but I ask again for you and your team to think again and consider CPV 5 as a single thread.

Regards
Les

Last edited by Les Avalook; Dec 2nd 2010 at 10:07 am. Reason: Can't find link to Sue
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've posted this on the other thread and am copying to this one as some of you don't seem to 'get' BE.

Some of you appear to be missing the point. There is much on BE for everyone to get what they want. Aus Immi is for Immigration help and advice. It is totally unhelpful for anyone wanting CPV help to have to wade through pages of Aus Lifestyle info. The place for that is obviously in the Lifestyle forum where you and everyone else can and have done for many years contribute to life in Aus. If you feel the need to only talk to others on the CPV, which would be very very sad imo, you can still do so in Lifestyle and Barbie and also by PM. If you still have queries about the CPV you can do so in the Immi. What's the problem.

Stacks of Aus posters even post in the Lounge, TIO and other country forums, it's all part of the wide world of BE. Everyone who has anything to do with the running of the site would be very disappointed if posters feel the need to leave BE just because one thread, amongst thousands, is closed.

The whole idea of BE is for people to get the help and support they require in the migration process and then proceed onto lifestyle and fun away from Immigration whilst still going in there for visa and citizenship queries and to pass on their own expertise to the new would be migrants. Just because you are CPV holders shouldn't prevent you from mingling with other visa holders and citizens, we're all quite nice and sometimes funny people.

There is so much information on BE that you may be missing that could be really helpful to your Australian lives, including Vegemite and even Marmite for those of you who haven't found it in Aus yet. Please have a wander around the site and join in in Lifestyle and The Barbie, that's what they're here for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.