Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by fiz
Matt-that's good advice: thanks.

The clinic sent them via a courier and I checked the tracking number so I know they reached Sydney....so many complications!!!

regards

Fiz
Congratulations Fiz, it is a fast roundabout from here on.

Just a little bit of info I was informed that all medicals are filed on line , and the actual records kept in Sydney, (so they must be there somewhere)

Mine were accidently sent direct to Perth, by Medibank over here, but they had already put them on line to Sydney, where Perth can access them, this is when they explained how the records were all kept at Sydney.

Good luck meanwhile
Elaine
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 11:03 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi Steve-I got a case officer today!!!! Could you update the tracker please? (The date I was assigned one was the 20th but it took a couple of days to come through from my agent)

Best regards

Fiz
Great news Fiz

Now it gets quite exciting!

Cheers

Steve
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Steve

Please note on the tracker, yesterday 22/11/10 I drew the BIG bank cheque, and sent it by Registered post to my Case Officer, I now await my pre-grant letter, before arranging flights to NZ in Jan 2011.

When I return to Oz to validate it, this will be just in the nick of time, as my years visitors visa expires on the 29th Jan.

Although I now feel stony broke, at least I will be legitimate.

Best regards
Elaine
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:51 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by framboy
Congratulations Fizwe are a little bit nervous tonight as we are 2 weeks behind you on Steve's tracker. Can't believe after all this time we are getting to the exiting bit. We have already sent off for Police Checks, so will soon have to think about medicals. Would be interested to know what has happened to "ebbonie" also as Case Officer notice seems to have missed them.

Well I think a stiff drink is needed before bed tonight!!!!
Thanks to everyone once again for all their good wishes. As far as ebonnie is concerned , as you can imagine I was watching carefully to see when they got a Case officer. With nothing apparently happening I even pmd Steve to see if he had heard anything, which he hadn't.

Having resigned myself to the fact that I would have to wait a few more weeks, I was quite shocked when I actually got a CO.

After the large number of applications in June from people making sure they got their applications in before the price went up, I guess there would be fewer in July/Aug/ Sept.....

Anyway, I have to do everything by 18th December apparently so I'd better crack on!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

peewit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

With the cost of the cpv effectively doubling over the last two years due to exchange rate erosion and increase in visa fees, I wonder if anyone can afford it anymore. I reckon a couple applying now need to have about £60,000 to invest in getting the visas at the current exchange rate.
On the plus side I would assume that the wait for a case officer will reduce considerably unless of course they decide to have fewer case officers on this visa type at Perth.

Regards
Peewit
Old Nov 24th 2010, 6:37 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Can anyone who's been through the process help answer this question for me? My son-in-law has his appointment with Centrelink next Wednesday.

Assuming he answers the questions satisfactorily can he then go straight to the Commonwealth bank to open the account or will he have to wait?

Also, if I transfer the funds directly into his bank account, will he be able to pay it straight away when he goes to the bank, using a debit card or whatever? This is all new territory for us....!

I just know that one of you will know the answers.....

Fiz
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by fiz
Can anyone who's been through the process help answer this question for me? My son-in-law has his appointment with Centrelink next Wednesday.

Assuming he answers the questions satisfactorily can he then go straight to the Commonwealth bank to open the account or will he have to wait?

Also, if I transfer the funds directly into his bank account, will he be able to pay it straight away when he goes to the bank, using a debit card or whatever? This is all new territory for us....!

Fiz
I think he will get a letter from Centrelink to enable him to open the account. As far as I can remember Commonwealth Bank will only accept cash or a bankers draft made payable to the account holder (your son in law).

I'm sure someone with more recent experience will be able to confirm or expand on this.

Cheers

Steve
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by peewit
Hi all

With the cost of the cpv effectively doubling over the last two years due to exchange rate erosion and increase in visa fees, I wonder if anyone can afford it anymore. I reckon a couple applying now need to have about £60,000 to invest in getting the visas at the current exchange rate.
On the plus side I would assume that the wait for a case officer will reduce considerably unless of course they decide to have fewer case officers on this visa type at Perth.

Regards
Peewit
You seem to get the full spectrum of CPV applicants which I suppose is to be expected. Those who would probably regard £60k as a minor irritation and others where is it a deal breaker. And I doubt the waiting list would change much, it seems that staff get redeployed if application volumes fall.

Cheers

Steve
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Oldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really niceOldtimers is just really nice

Originally Posted by sandch
I think he will get a letter from Centrelink to enable him to open the account. As far as I can remember Commonwealth Bank will only accept cash or a bankers draft made payable to the account holder (your son in law).

I'm sure someone with more recent experience will be able to confirm or expand on this.

Cheers

Steve
You are correct Steve,a letter will be sent by Centrelink to the assuror to open the account, our Daughter had to pay cash- this was Perth.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

peewit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
In my case the following steps were involved back in 2009 in Sydney

1) My daughter had meeting with Centrelink on 17 July and they said that they would contact the Commonwealth Bank and that my daughter should make an appointment with them.
2) I transferred the money to my daughters personal bank account.
3) My daughter made the appointment with the Commonwealth Bank and also went by arrangement to her own bank to obtain the bankers draft for the AOS sum.
4) On 22 July my daughter had the meeting with Commonwealth Bank where she handed over the bankers draft. She got an acknowledgement of the deposit.
5) This acknowledment can either be faxed or taken to Centrelink. If it is faxed it must be certified by somebody like a JP.
6) On 24 July my daughter took the deposit acknowledgement to Centrelink.
7) At this point Centrelink are supposed to advise the case officer that the AOS is setup. Something went wrong in this process.
8) After nothing happening in a while I contacted the case officer direct and she chased it through.
9) On 13 August the case officer advised me that she had been able to track the AOS and that it was in place.

So in my case the whole process took a while but at least I could contact the case officer direct and not have to go via a third party(agent).

Regards Peewit
Old Nov 24th 2010, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fiz

Fiz
Dear Fiz

My daughter was given an appt two weeks ahead for the Melbourne Centrelink, they sent the forms for her to fill in, she also had to take along the official letter from my case Officer requesting this AOS to give to them at the appointment, I was able to go with her, they check the form through and state all the rules, we then had the option to pay the £10k within 14 days sending proof, or walk down the road to their local Commonwealth bank, This we did, as they were adept at opening these accounts, it took 15 mins and cost $150 in cash, it was opened in my daughters name,(she cannot access this account) I gave them a normal Westpac bank cheque made out to my daughter, they also took my bank details for the interest to be paid into, every six months. over the ten years. We then took the letter of proof back to Centrelink, and my case officer was informed within 2 days, that all was okay.

Hope this helps in some way

Kind regards
Elaine
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:23 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Many thanks Elaine, Peewit and Steve for your advice. I have transferred the money to my son-in-law's account as suggested...he has his interview next Wednesday so at least if they tell him he can open the bank account straight away, we will be ready

I had fun and games on the phone to my Oz bank which happens to be the Commonwealth Bank-I needed to increase my daily transfer limit but couldn't do that online because I don't have an Australian mobile (they need to send a verification text for security reasons) nor on the phone because it has to be done online....

One very long and expensive call later, to a very patient young man, we finally got it sorted-what with missing medicals, Police certificates with misspelt names and the bank saga, it's a good job I've done my medicals as I reckon my blood pressure is off the scale this week!!!

fiz
Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:23 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Hi all,

Could someone let me know how much the 143 visa is for 2009/10. I've written it down someone & just cant find where I've hidden it !! Just trying to do a bit of a budget

thanks

Katie
Katie,

the figure you are looking for is AUD$ 34,330 per person,

Regards
Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:26 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Hi

my ack date was August 2009 and I am expecting to be asked to pay $34330. That figure was also quoted at the bottom of my recent letter from the Case Officer.

hope this helps

Fiz
Old Nov 28th 2010, 3:34 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by K and M
Katie,

the figure you are looking for is AUD$ 34,330 per person,

Regards
Katie,
This excludes the AOS (Assurance of Support)
Which is AUD $ 10,000 for one person or AUD $14,000 for two,

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.