What else to submit and when?

Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Smile What else to submit and when?

Subclass 309 (HR Country) ---> 23-Feb-2014
Following Document list Submitted on --> 31-03-2014

List of Documents Submitted for (Subclass 309) - On behalf of sponsor
1. 40sp
2. Sponsor's Personal Statement (Mutual Commitment)
3. Birth Certificate
4. Citizenship Certificate
5. Drivers License
6. Passport
7. Real Estate letter for proof of Address
8. Previous VISA Grant letters from DIAC/DIBP
9. Contact while apart (Call logs and messages from Skype, Facetime, and iMessages)

List of Documents Submitted for (Subclass 309) - On behalf of my better half:
1. Form 54
2. Form 80
3. Form 888 (2 Australian witnesses)
4. Form 929
5. Form 1221
6. Form 1281
7. Affidavit current residence
8. Passport (Previous and New) (Original & Certified)
9. Passport Sized Photograph
10. Personal Statement (Mutual Commitment)
11. Birth Certificate (Original and Certified)
12. Marriage Invitation Cards
13. Marriage Registration Document (Urdu Language) - (Original & Certified)
14. Marriage Registration Document (Translated) - (Original & Certified)
15. Social Photographs
16. Marriage Ceremony Photographs
17. National Identity Document

NOTE:
As we haven't lived together a length of time, following documents cannot be provided.
1. Financial aspects of the relationship
2. Nature of the couple's household

Gosh, that was a long list to type. Oh well.........., now my questions are:

1. Are there any other documents I forgot to submit?
2. When should I expect a CO?
3. When should I be looking to Medicals and PCC?
4. And the question of the day, How.......; just how long before my better half gets here I know for a fact that HR country is taking 12 months (as stated on website) but I want to know if there's anyone in the same boat or was there please share your experience(s).

Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What else to submit and when?

Originally Posted by dance123
Subclass 309 (HR Country) ---> 23-Feb-2014
Following Document list Submitted on --> 31-03-2014

List of Documents Submitted for (Subclass 309) - On behalf of sponsor
1. 40sp
2. Sponsor's Personal Statement (Mutual Commitment)
3. Birth Certificate
4. Citizenship Certificate
5. Drivers License
6. Passport
7. Real Estate letter for proof of Address
8. Previous VISA Grant letters from DIAC/DIBP
9. Contact while apart (Call logs and messages from Skype, Facetime, and iMessages)

List of Documents Submitted for (Subclass 309) - On behalf of my better half:
1. Form 54
2. Form 80
3. Form 888 (2 Australian witnesses)
4. Form 929
5. Form 1221
6. Form 1281
7. Affidavit current residence
8. Passport (Previous and New) (Original & Certified)
9. Passport Sized Photograph
10. Personal Statement (Mutual Commitment)
11. Birth Certificate (Original and Certified)
12. Marriage Invitation Cards
13. Marriage Registration Document (Urdu Language) - (Original & Certified)
14. Marriage Registration Document (Translated) - (Original & Certified)
15. Social Photographs
16. Marriage Ceremony Photographs
17. National Identity Document

NOTE:
As we haven't lived together a length of time, following documents cannot be provided.
1. Financial aspects of the relationship
2. Nature of the couple's household

Gosh, that was a long list to type. Oh well.........., now my questions are:

1. Are there any other documents I forgot to submit?
2. When should I expect a CO?
3. When should I be looking to Medicals and PCC?
4. And the question of the day, How.......; just how long before my better half gets here I know for a fact that HR country is taking 12 months (as stated on website) but I want to know if there's anyone in the same boat or was there please share your experience(s).

Thanks!
Has your partner filled in 47SP?

Processing time, medicals, C O allocation etc will all depend on where the application is being submitted. Timelines are different for different offices, and where high risk countries are involved it would be very hard to try and guess at a timeline.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Has your partner filled in 47SP?

Processing time, medicals, C O allocation etc will all depend on where the application is being submitted. Timelines are different for different offices, and where high risk countries are involved it would be very hard to try and guess at a timeline.
Ahhh ...... 47SP, I knew I was missing something. Glad that you pointed it out

Another thing, is there any thread specifically related to applicants for subclass 309 from Pakistan?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:56 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh ...... 47SP, I knew I was missing something. Glad that you pointed it out

Another thing, is there any thread specifically related to applicants for subclass 309 from Pakistan?
No not on BE. We do not fragment threads down to that level. There is a Spouse Visa thread is which some people post but it is for people from all countries.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

No not on BE. We do not fragment threads down to that level. There is a Spouse Visa thread is which some people post but it is for people from all countries.
Thank you for the above link. Well ..... I think I'm notorious to ask a zillion questions, why not trouble you with a few more?

1. I've submitted 2 forms 888 and they both are Australians by birth and my friends and even though they know my spouse too for about 6 months or so and have seen and spoken to her. My question is; Does my better half need to submit Forms 888 from her side too i.e. from her close friends?

2. When should I be looking to get the Medicals and PCC done for my spouse?

3. Do I need to show bank statement as she's got her own and I've got my own. Went back to being a full time IT student (Austudy - Centrelink benefits), does it affect our application?
-----------------
I think I worry too much, don't I Pollyana? Probably I'll get banned from this forum one day because of my habit of bombarding it with my questions Speaking about being worried: Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway - Mary C. Crowley

Cheers!

Last edited by dance123; Apr 17th 2014 at 2:57 am.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:51 am
Home and Happy

Thank you for the above link. Well ..... I think I'm notorious to ask a zillion questions, why not trouble you with a few more?

1. I've submitted 2 forms 888 and they both are Australians by birth and my friends and even though they know my spouse too for about 6 months or so and have seen and spoken to her. My question is; Does my better half need to submit Forms 888 from her side too i.e. from her close friends?

2. When should I be looking to get the Medicals and PCC done for my spouse?

3. Do I need to show bank statement as she's got her own and I've got my own. Went back to being a full time IT student (Austudy - Centrelink benefits), does it affect our application?
-----------------
I think I worry too much, don't I Pollyana? Probably I'll get banned from this forum one day because of my habit of bombarding it with my questions Speaking about being worried: Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway - Mary C. Crowley

Cheers!
If your spouse can get a couple of friends to do 888 as well, that would be great - shows that both of you have met/know about each others friends.

When he application is submitted the Case Officer will advise when the medicals and pcc should be done. However, if she needs a pcc from somewhere know for being very slow (ie many months) I would send forit now.

No need to show bank statements unless you have evidence of supporting each other financially - for instance if you can show money being transferred between your accounts, or if you have recently paid for smething like her phone bill.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 17th 2014 at 6:32 am.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: What else to submit and when?

If your spouse can get a couple of friends to do 888 as well, that would be great - shows that both of you have met/know about each others friends.

When he application is submitted the Case Officer will advise when the medicals and pcc should be done. However, if she needs a pcc from somewhere know for being very slow (ie many months) I would send forit now.

No need to show bank statements unless you have evidence of supporting each ther financially - for instance if you can show money ing transferred between your accounts, or if you have recently paid for smething like her phone bill.

This is an extract of my conversation with someone in the same boat from the same county. It goes like this:
I am referring to the first stage 309 spouse visa. Despite the fact that I supplied bank statements, our CO made a phone call to hubby within three months of our 309 application being lodged, asking him how he is going to be supported after he arrives in Australia.
For this reason I think you should supply a bank statement, showing enough money to support your wife for when she arrives in Australia.
Now, I'm concerned as being a full time student (Austudy - Centrelink) doesn't seem to go well in this case. I'll have savings (not sure how much) when my spouse arrives but "How to decide what's enough money?"
Old Apr 17th 2014, 6:31 am
Home and Happy

This is an extract of my conversation with someone in the same boat from the same county. It goes like this:

Now, I'm concerned as being a full time student (Austudy - Centrelink) doesn't seem to go well in this case. I'll have savings (not sure how much) when my spouse arrives but "How to decide what's enough money?"
Well the other person is right,your CO will be looking to see how you will support your spouse. Your spouse can't claim benefits of any kind for two years so how do you intend to support her? I would make it clear if you have savings etc on which the two of you can live, or if she is bringing money with her. You cam add this info to your personal statements. Also if she intends to work straightaway you can add evidence of her applying for jobs, her resume, etc.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Submitted Form 47SP. Chat Logs from Skype, FaceTime and iMessages etc. on 19 APR 2014.

Last edited by dance123; Apr 20th 2014 at 6:41 am.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Well the other person is right,your CO will be looking to see how you will support your spouse. Your spouse can't claim benefits of any kind for two years so how do you intend to support her? I would make it clear if you have savings etc on which the two of you can live, or if she is bringing money with her. You cam add this info to your personal statements. Also if she intends to work straightaway you can add evidence of her applying for jobs, her resume, etc.
Thanks for replying Pollyana. Nah, she won't be bringing any money with her.

Does that mean I should defer studies and find a full time job instead as it seems the only way to have a guaranteed savings of substantial amount. Being on Austudy is certainly not enough for one person let alone two. Do you think financial proof is a possible hindrance in my case? What do you suggest?

Is it better to go for Medicals and PCC before the CO is assigned to our case so that the outcome is sooner rather than later. Advantage is: CO won't need to wait as he'll have almost everything what has been asked in the checklist. But (possible) disadvantage is: Sooner initial entry date (as it's related to Meds and PCC).

Any suggestions, highly appreciated!

Last edited by dance123; Apr 20th 2014 at 6:43 am.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 2:45 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks for replying Pollyana. Nah, she won't be bringing any money with her.

Does that mean I should defer studies and find a full time job instead as it seems the only way to have a guaranteed savings of substantial amount. Being on Austudy is certainly not enough for one person let alone two. Do you think financial proof is a possible hindrance in my case? What do you suggest?

Is it better to go for Medicals and PCC before the CO is assigned to our case so that the outcome is sooner rather than later. Advantage is: CO won't need to wait as he'll have almost everything what has been asked in the checklist. But (possible) disadvantage is: Sooner initial entry date (as it's related to Meds and PCC).

Any suggestions, highly appreciated!
What are you both going to live on? Firstly your CO will want to see that there is money coming in to support both of you, but on a purely practical level if Austudy is not enough to support you both how do you intend to survive??
In your shoes I would not do the medical or pcc until requested. It will not make the grant quicker as Spouse Visas are granted by quota, so many per month, and even in the UK, a low risk country they are taking 9 months. You run the risk of having very little time for your spouse to validate the visa, and may even have to do the medical again if it expires. DIBP advise against frontloading even for Spouse Visas nowadays.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: What else to submit and when?

Previously, it used to be like "Weekly updated application processing information can be obtained at any time by sending a blank email to [email protected]."

Is there anything like that anymore for spouse visa (309-100)?
Old Apr 27th 2014, 4:03 pm
Home and Happy

Previously, it used to be like "Weekly updated application processing information can be obtained at any time by sending a blank email to [email protected]."

Is there anything like that anymore for spouse visa (309-100)?
As far as I know there has never been anything like that for Spouse visas. Even that old weekly update never included spouse visas.
Unless you have actual timeline proof from other applicants from the same country who applied at the same time, go with whatever DIPB advise.