Aged Parent Visa

Old Jan 6th 2014, 12:47 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default Aged Parent Visa

Hi,

I want to bring my aged father over Brisbane to live, his brother just died and no longer has any family left.

Does anyone have any experience of this such as cost, time etc and medical cover?

Thanks.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aged Parent Visa

The contributory parent visa costs just over $40k and I believe takes about 18 months or so to process.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 1:32 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

Hi,

Just reading the immigration website now...

Having searched this visa, Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/864.aspx and used their price estimate it says $3060. Am I missing something?

Cheers.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Hi,

Having searched this visa, Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/864.aspx and used their price estimate it says $3060. Am I missing something?

Cheers.
Yes. This looks like it is either the second stage (sometimes people get a temporary visa first) or is it just the first instalment and the bulk wil be paid in the second instalment.

Contributory parent visas are over $40k.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Hi,

Cheers.
The $3060 is just the initial application charge.

The visa charges are here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/...cing-table.pdf

The second instalment is $42,220 - have a look at page 29, 19l. - the huge second VAC is the 'contributory' bit.

You might want to consider the Aged Parent Visa 804, but I understand this takes around 7-8 years and the applicant will be on a bridging visa till the visa is processed, and there is limited access to Medicare. Also the applicant needs to pass a medical before visa grant.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Depending upon your fathers age the onshore aged parent visas may ba an option? Potentially cheaper but you need to be aware of the pros and cons (especially relating to the time to process and issues with health over that time) in relation to your father's situation.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:11 am
True Blue

Thanks all for those suggestions.

So then, am I correct in thinking one option would be to arrive on a tourist visa and apply for aged parent 804? During processing he is able to remain in Aus via a bridging visa but with limited Medicare access? My father is 74 without any health issues beyond age AFAIK.

Cheers.
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/factsheets/

Hello ectomorph.

Maybe have a read of the first factsheet at this webpage.

Best regards.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:09 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Alan that was really useful information as my parents are looking to come later this year as soon as they can sell their property.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:14 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

You are in Geelong?

I live in the same place!

Best regards.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:19 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Yes out on the Bellarine, love it here. Parents are here at the moment at the end of a 3 month stay which has made their minds up.

Could well be contacting you later on in the year.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 9:21 am
Migration Agent

Is good.

Let me know if you and your parents would like to meet in the next few days for a coffee.

Best regards.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

buzzersdownunder is on a distinguished road

Hi

Sorry to jump on this thread but I was trying to find some answers and I am struggling a little. Ive find bits of info here and there.

My In-Laws are currently looking into applying for an Aged Parent Visa 804. They are both 75+ years old, 2 out of 3 of their children are Australian Citizens who can offer both sponsorship and AOS.

I am just trying to give them the process which I have listed below but I am stuck on a couple of points.
1.Currently on holiday if Australia on a visa without the No further Stay clause
2.Visit the DIAC and apply for an Aged Parent Visa – Initial Cost $?????
3.Submit Forms Form 40 Aged Parent Visa, Sponsorship Form & Assurance of Support Forms Cost????
4.Automatically issued with Bridging Visa A
5.Apply for a Bridging Visa B immediately. Give sorting out house & finances in UK as the reason – Cost $??????
6.1St Medical & Police checks to be carried out ??????
7.Travel back to the UK to sort out sale of the house and other business
8.Return to Oz within the given timescale
9.Buy a house and take out Medical Insurance
10.2nd Medical & Police Check carried out when moved to the front of the queue.
11.Await issue of Visa

Now that seems like it but I have a couple of queries:
1. What are the Visa costs and when are they due. I believe they get paid in 2 instalments
2. How much and when is the AOS payment due
3. When is the first medical & police checks done
4. What happens with their UK Pension
5. How is their Health covered. I know Recipricol Medicare is available but what does this cover and should they get Health Insurance too. What if they get very ill whilst on the Bridging Visa?

Thanks for you help in advance,

Buzzersdownunder