Wife and kids did not meet PR condition

Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife and kids did not meet PR condition

Originally Posted by HopeShines
My concern is : what if they did not meet the 2 years condition before the 5 years ends up? they will lose it? can be renewed for 1 year? 5 years?
It could be renewed for one year at a time, possibly multiple times, until they themselves comply with the 2 year condition.

This assumes they could demonstrate "substantial ties of benefit to Australia". Current DIBP guidance comments "enabling a family unit to remain together can be considered of benefit to Australia particularly if there is evidence of an imminent intention for the family unit to domicile themselves in Australia". Also once you become a citizen, it would be very likely that RRVs could easily be renewed. Of course, both of the above would require you to convince DIBP that you are still a family unit.

If you intend to make your future in Australia - if you can - I think you should think carefully about leaving your family abroad as your children will find it much more difficult to emigrate to a country speaking a different language as they get older and being schooled in Australia would be better for their long term future.

Last edited by louie; Apr 15th 2014 at 1:25 pm.