Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Chipsnsalsa
Re Tocks, mate you're missing the bigger picture, which is that Bahrain has so much oil and gas wealth and so few people that every Bahraini could have a good standard of living and nice house for doing bugger all, if it was spread a bit more evenly.

But of course all the money, not to mention land and coastline (anyone see the article in today's - gasp - GDN, about fishermen being booted off their jetties in Manama because the land had been bought by, ahem, "VIPs") is owned by you know who, who use a little of it to hire savage rentacops to oppress anyone who deigns to disagree, to protect their unimaginably luxurious lifestyles.

Dunno where you're from mate but I tell you what - if an unelected govt back in Blighty tried shipping in thousands of foreign mercenaries to torture us into submission, molotovs would be the least of their worries!

That's what this is all about - money, faloos, readies, bds......all that bollox about religion, Iran and the rest is the mother of all smokescreens.

Regardless, the regime goofed big time by pushing for F1.....been listening to BBC Radio 5 and TalkSport all day, reading UK papers, watching CNN, BBC World, and not a mention of any motor racing, just tear gas, torture and protests. Only person looking worse than govt is poor old Bernie!

Anyway, as my dear old toothless granny once said, opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one, and no one wants to hear yours
and especially when the `opinion` is expressed by an arsehole too

Last edited by NorthernLad; Apr 22nd 2012 at 6:07 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 6:04 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
So because I have only lived here 5 months I am not allowed an opinion but its ok for others to comment that dont and never have lived here at all - fair enough!
yes. less than 6 months and your opinion is worthless..
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
As far as I know Bahrain has very little oil and gas wealth, what oil it does have comes from KSA?

Bahrain used to be the poorest GCC country - has that changed?

And please ease off on the racist undertones.

hi mod.....pls excuse me calling chipsnsalsa an arsehole but he truly is!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by norsk
yes. less than 6 months and your opinion is worthless..
Thanks for clarifying that Norsk - I will keep quiet for another month then
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Re Tocks, mate you're missing the bigger picture, which is that Bahrain has so much oil and gas wealth and so few people that every Bahraini could have a good standard of living and nice house for doing bugger all, if it was spread a bit more evenly.

But of course all the money, not to mention land and coastline (anyone see the article in today's - gasp - GDN, about fishermen being booted off their jetties in Manama because the land had been bought by, ahem, "VIPs") is owned by you know who, who use a little of it to hire savage rentacops to oppress anyone who deigns to disagree, to protect their unimaginably luxurious lifestyles.

Dunno where you're from mate but I tell you what - if an unelected govt back in Blighty tried shipping in thousands of foreign mercenaries to torture us into submission, molotovs would be the least of their worries!

That's what this is all about - money, faloos, readies, bds......all that bollox about religion, Iran and the rest is the mother of all smokescreens.

Regardless, the regime goofed big time by pushing for F1.....been listening to BBC Radio 5 and TalkSport all day, reading UK papers, watching CNN, BBC World, and not a mention of any motor racing, just tear gas, torture and protests. Only person looking worse than govt is poor old Bernie!

Anyway, as my dear old toothless granny once said, opinions are like arseholes - everyone's got one, and no one wants to hear yours
Lmao, yes I am always missing the bigger picture. Thank Goodness for still wet behind the ears graduates for reminding me

I think maybe something worth considering that may have passed you by. This is not the home counties, its the Middle East and things are a little different here. I know in an ideal ? world there wouldnt be a man at the top and we would all have TCNs running around wiping our arses because we were too lazy but it just isnt like that. I assume that you have been to Saudi, Qatar and the UAE. Did you see anything noticeably different there ? Are those Gucci little islands off the coast of the UAE with palaces on for the masses ? No of course not.

There is a huge effort on to extract the last economically viable drops of oil from underneath Bahrain and its future was supposed to be diversifying to account for the day when its not worth pulling anymore out. Thats why education for all has been such a key part of the countries future. Now if certain sectors of the population and dont kid yourself that all village folk are disloyal because I hate to ruin this Utopian dream but many I know are not keen and are sick of their lives being ruined by a small sector of their number, then that is those individuals fault. I am investing 16,000 of your English pounds to get my laws degree whereas if I was throwing molotovs and from a village here, the Gov would pay for it so their lives are not quite as bad as the press would make you believe.

I have been called many damned site worse things than an arsehole by many on this bored and am now immune so save the typing

As for where I am from. Well besides a bit of travelling I come from a place deeply conservative where young men accept that they are young and foolish and listen those older and wiser
A place where if you see a black man walking down the road, you dont cross to the other side of the road, you phone the police and they immediately arrest them for suspicion of something black-ish
A place where winter is accepted as being Gods way of telling you to throw another Catholic on the fire
A place where a 30 year old Range Rover has more class than a pimped up footballers Bentley
A place where one of your English old pounds is worth more than a 100,000 of your new English pounds
A place where no one adorns their wrist with a huge tacky breitling. Rolex datejusts look restrained for a reason
A place where Barbour jackets are worn for purpose and not for style
A place where there is no one from the North East

So thats everyone with a Breitling, anyone black, anyone Roman Catholic, anyone from the North East, anyone whose dad owned a Carpet fitting company and anyone young; all in one go.

However as anyone who knows me will testify, I am not remotely racist, just conservative and traditional

I think you may have blown your chances with Westendgirl by the way so back to hoofing into the Ethiopian housemaid I guess. Jolly ethnic of you. Would mummy approve
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Bahrain used to be the poorest GCC country - has that changed?
Depends how you measure it. Per Capital GDP (ok, I know its faults) of Bahrain is higher than Saudi, Oman, Portugal and South Korea (to name a few).

There are poor people living in this world, they are not living in Bahrain.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:16 pm
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Lmao, yes I am always missing the bigger picture. Thank Goodness for still wet behind the ears graduates for reminding me

I think maybe something worth considering that may have passed you by. This is not the home counties, its the Middle East and things are a little different here. I know in an ideal ? world there wouldnt be a man at the top and we would all have TCNs running around wiping our arses because we were too lazy but it just isnt like that. I assume that you have been to Saudi, Qatar and the UAE. Did you see anything noticeably different there ? Are those Gucci little islands off the coast of the UAE with palaces on for the masses ? No of course not.

There is a huge effort on to extract the last economically viable drops of oil from underneath Bahrain and its future was supposed to be diversifying to account for the day when its not worth pulling anymore out. Thats why education for all has been such a key part of the countries future. Now if certain sectors of the population and dont kid yourself that all village folk are disloyal because I hate to ruin this Utopian dream but many I know are not keen and are sick of their lives being ruined by a small sector of their number, then that is those individuals fault. I am investing 16,000 of your English pounds to get my laws degree whereas if I was throwing molotovs and from a village here, the Gov would pay for it so their lives are not quite as bad as the press would make you believe.

I have been called many damned site worse things than an arsehole by many on this bored and am now immune so save the typing

As for where I am from. Well besides a bit of travelling I come from a place deeply conservative where young men accept that they are young and foolish and listen those older and wiser
A place where if you see a black man walking down the road, you dont cross to the other side of the road, you phone the police and they immediately arrest them for suspicion of something black-ish
A place where winter is accepted as being Gods way of telling you to throw another Catholic on the fire
A place where a 30 year old Range Rover has more class than a pimped up footballers Bentley
A place where one of your English old pounds is worth more than a 100,000 of your new English pounds
A place where no one adorns their wrist with a huge tacky breitling. Rolex datejusts look restrained for a reason
A place where Barbour jackets are worn for purpose and not for style
A place where there is no one from the North East

So thats everyone with a Breitling, anyone black, anyone Roman Catholic, anyone from the North East, anyone whose dad owned a Carpet fitting company and anyone young; all in one go.

However as anyone who knows me will testify, I am not remotely racist, just conservative and traditional

I think you may have blown your chances with Westendgirl by the way so back to hoofing into the Ethiopian housemaid I guess. Jolly ethnic of you. Would mummy approve

Mate I'm well aware things are very different here from the home counties, but equally aware that most people here (70% vote for al Wefaq) aren't happy about it. The wealth and lifestyles of the people at the top are truly mind blowing, whereas villages are basically third-world. And be honest, if your local police were all foreigners (not allowed to say paakis, ) wouldn't you be a tad on the resentful side?

As for boffing the housemaid, didn't mention it to mumsy (dunno about you, but I tend not to involve the parents in where I stick chips jr ) I'm afraid decades of watching rap videos have given me the worst case of jungle fever since Boris Becker But that doesn't mean I want Albion transformed into Somalia, ak47s optional!

Must confess to wry laughter at the effect of "racism" on white people. The new witchcraft, guaranteed to turn them into gibbering wrecks of apologetic cringing. For everyone else, it's completely normal! You think China or Japan would accept millions of Africans, PakiSTANIS, and any other featherless bipeds who wash up on their shores, are as Chinese as Mao? Would they ****! They even keep a slitty eye on us white devils, never mind the savages (their words, not mine. Well, actually, mine too if I'm honest ).

And how much "anti-racism" is there in, say, Zimbabwe? Hmm, don't see too many calls for minority rights from Comrade Bob and his war veterans, eh? The Mexicans even call their lobbying body La Raza (The Race) and are openly gunning for the reconquista of California from the gringos, via illegal immigration and breeding. They're all proud of their racism, and fair play to 'em!

PS Tocks, wherever you're from sounds bloody brilliant, give us a clue!

Last edited by NorthernLad; Apr 22nd 2012 at 5:04 pm. Reason: You've been warned to tone it down....
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful CnS or you will end up joining the small group branded racists on the bored. Even mention a black board and you will be hung up to dry
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:11 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

PS Tocks, wherever you're from sounds bloody brilliant, give us a clue!
Seriously? you cannot take a guess to general region?!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Seriously? you cannot take a guess to general region?!
If....
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Todays security notices say that the bomb makers have been at it again, this time in Diraz and three of his majesties Police officers were injured

Only a matter of time now before someone other than Police gets hurt. Some kid playing with the bit of pipe or some old woman walking by at the same time as the officers approach the device
Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Todays security notices say that the bomb makers have been at it again, this time in Diraz and three of his majesties Police officers were injured

Only a matter of time now before someone other than Police gets hurt. Some kid playing with the bit of pipe or some old woman walking by at the same time as the officers approach the device
Yeah its become scary and I must say I do feel for the cops on the frontline in the trouble spots. Theres enormous sympathy coming from all around the world mainly due to one sided media reports. How they are still seemingly being portrayed as `peaceful protesters` any longer, is surprising though. On the other hand Im also hearing and seeing terrible utube clips of bodies of the shia victims of injuries caused by government forces and cops. It seems like a deadlock situation and god knows how many more lives are going to be lost during this civil war. Meanwhile the kids are growing up with real hate instillation which is a tragedy!
Old Apr 28th 2012, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Do you feel threatened, do you feel safe on a daily basis or are you fearful of going out the front door? Do you have to 2nd guess every move you make? How much does the events impact on your daily life?

I'm asking this because we are expected to be there by July and I'm not so sure that it's a wise thing to do.

In the past Bahrain was usually considered "the safest" Middle Eastern country to live - but what about now?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Work Widow
Do you feel threatened, do you feel safe on a daily basis or are you fearful of going out the front door? Do you have to 2nd guess every move you make? How much does the events impact on your daily life?

I'm asking this because we are expected to be there by July and I'm not so sure that it's a wise thing to do.

In the past Bahrain was usually considered "the safest" Middle Eastern country to live - but what about now?
It hasn't got to anything like that stage yet WW, personally I think it was much worse in Sept-Dec last year but there was just no media coverage. Spend a lot of time focusing on where you live - is it close to any action? Are you down wind from any action? Go live in Jasra, Amwaj or Riffa and all this will be just be a minor inconvenience. Black smoke in the distance will probably be as much as it affects you as long as you stay away from the troublespots and stay in on a Friday....
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Thanks RB, I'm anticipating as much.

Hubby will commute to KSA so I'm planning on Jasra, possibly Real Gardens as is close to British School. But Riffa Views also has some appeal. Do you know if the construction is finished or ongoing? I would like to look out upon the "green" of the golf course but not if they're still building.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.