Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Schooling a child with Asperger's in Vancouver

Schooling a child with Asperger's in Vancouver

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling a child with Asperger's in Vancouver

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
I have a friend with a child with learning difficulties who ended up sending him to a private school. It's called Gordon something.

ANyway, the public school flat out told her they could not help her with her child's needs due to funding cuts. Nearly all the school districts are in debt; jobs etc. Special education funding was cut by the province a while ago, and families like my friend's are having to find the money to send their kids private.

All school districts are different, so your best bet is to figure out where you're going to live and talk to people in that school district.
How did he get on at the private school...any better?
lns
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:26 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling a child with Asperger's in Vancouver

come on in leaps and bounds I hear. Confidence has improved, able to master some concepts now...a different boy.