Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Re: K1 Interview Success

Re: K1 Interview Success

Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

pmulhern1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K1 Interview Success

Having read everyone else's account of their visa interview experience and how helpful they were in the build up to my own, I thought I should share mime.

As I have read from other people my experience was very similar. A sleepless night, nervous but excited at the same time as we had been waiting so long for this day.

I had an 8:30am appointment but got there at 8:00am and was sat in the embassy waiting room by 8:15am after going through security, and collecting my number.

My number was called at about 10:45am and I went to Window 13 to give the gentlemen all the required documents, proof of relationship, etc. I had copies of letters, cards, emails, skype call log, tons of photo's killing a few trees and they didn't ask for any of it (better to be safe than sorry of course). I went to window 12 to pay my interview fee, went back to window 13 and collected my x-rays, and was then told to go back to the waiting room to sit down.

At 12:00pm I was called upto Window 14. My heart skipped a beat. I took a good few big deep breaths before getting to the window where I was met by an American Lady. Not the happiest of people I have ever met (although I don't mind her now of course). I took the oath and was then asked the following questions:

- They asked about my previous visas as I have worked in the States on and off for the last 5 years?
- What Countries have you lived in?
- How and where did you meet your fiance'?
- How and where did you propose?
- Where and when do you plan to get married?
- Why there? (I thought this an obvious answer to this question and just answered because she wants to).

I think that was all the questions but it was all a blur. She said she was approving the visa and made me an extremely happy man at the same time. I went to the courier desk to pay my 14 quid and I was collecting my phone from the pharmacy by 12:30pm.

I came out of the interview about 3lbs and 12 gallons lighter than when I went it. I couldn't eat that morning which is a bad mistake if you can avoid it. Relief was such that after calling my fiance' whilst walking down Oxford Street checking that she was still sure she wanted me (yes of course) that my normal but substantial appetite came flooding back as I was standing next to MacDonalds (my first one in about 2 years).

I would like to thank everyone that posts a lot of excellent information on this site. It is by far and the best one I have come across.

I am heading to Pittsburgh this week hopefully or as soon as the snow stops (just the 2 and a half feet where I live with another 7 inches expected). You would have I would have been paitient after the K1 experience but not now I actuallly have it.

Good luck to everyone else that has their big day to come.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmulhern1982
She said she was approving the visa and made me an extremely happy man at the same time.
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, and happy travels!

Bring a warm coat.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

pmulhern1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all.

I will be wearing my ski gear and have my ski's with me as well.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Congratulations and happy skiing