CID Clearance ??

Old Oct 24th 2011, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Mr_Mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CID Clearance ??

Hi All..

I am fairly new to this forum. I'm struggling to find answers and hoping that some one can help me better understand the process.

I am a British citizen. I have been offered a position in Abu Dhabi working for a majority government owned business. I have accepted the position and have submitted all the paper work needed (Apostille / attested / legalised certificates etc). I have been told my file is now going through CID Clearance, and once the clearance has come through the employer will send through contracts, once signed etc I can then plan for relocation.

Approx 4 weeks have passed and I've not heard anything as yet. I gather a number of people in this forum have had similar experiences?, but with rules and process changing so frequently in the UAE I thought I'd ask.

1. Is CID Clearance the same as a "Good conduct certificate" and / or Security clearance or is there a difference?

2. What do they check as part of this process?

3. Approx how long does it take?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ilford_or_Dubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CID Clearance ??

Originally Posted by Mr_Mo
Hi All..

I am fairly new to this forum. I'm struggling to find answers and hoping that some one can help me better understand the process.

I am a British citizen. I have been offered a position in Abu Dhabi working for a majority government owned business. I have accepted the position and have submitted all the paper work needed (Apostille / attested / legalised certificates etc). I have been told my file is now going through CID Clearance, and once the clearance has come through the employer will send through contracts, once signed etc I can then plan for relocation.

Approx 4 weeks have passed and I've not heard anything as yet. I gather a number of people in this forum have had similar experiences?, but with rules and process changing so frequently in the UAE I thought I'd ask.

1. Is CID Clearance the same as a "Good conduct certificate" and / or Security clearance or is there a difference?

Thanks in advance!
My potential employer asked for two employer ref from last two employers. then offered the contract - didn't have to go through any checks as above...

now wondering why i didnt have to go through this?
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ilford_or_Dubai
now wondering why i didnt have to go through this?
Depends on the job.

Bean counting for Du is lower risk than, say, maintaining the back up power systems for the off-shore rigs...
Old Oct 24th 2011, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I work for a quasi soverign fund (i.e. government) - the regulation (in Kuwait) is that we have to ask the police from your country of origin about your conduct and any criminal offenses (a CRB report i think). This can take up to 1-2 months sometimes - one of our recent recuits did it within 1 month - another one we couldnt recruit as he had not been working in the UK for years so there was no file. HR stupidity knows no bounds !
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Hi All..

Thanks in advance!

Could be CNIA (Critical National Infrastructure Authority) clearance - not the same as good conduct, but it is government security clearance.

As to how long it takes, my hubby's took a matter of days as he had to get clearance to go to an offshore installation for part of his interview, but when it came up for renewal it took over a month.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you those that replied!!

ok.. The position is project management within the finance/banking industry in AD..

I thought anybody moving to the UAE for a job must go through security / CID /whatever clearance as a pre-req to residency Visa?
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Could be CNIA (Critical National Infrastructure Authority) clearance - not the same as good conduct, but it is government security clearance.

As to how long it takes, my hubby's took a matter of days as he had to get clearance to go to an offshore installation for part of his interview, but when it came up for renewal it took over a month.
Hey Folks..

I've just received an email from the hiring manager. My security clearance has come through...woohoo!! The formal offer should follow shortly. All starting to get exciting!! but at the same time trying not get me hopes up too high. Having read through various discussion threads quite a few fell through after the clearance.

I've been told to expect a call from the company HR rep for "further processing" not sure what that means. Anybody know What happens next? Also, from experience when do you think its safe to hand in notice with current employer?

Thanks in advance..
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know What happens next? Also, from experience when do you think its safe to hand in notice with current employer?
Noooooooooo......

Don't hand in your notice until at least the ink is dry on your contract and you have a confirmed start date in writing
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Noooooooooo......

Don't hand in your notice until at least the ink is dry on your contract and you have a confirmed start date in writing
thanks Oyi.. will do. With Eid Holidays in UAE, Its all on standstill at the moment..

what normally happens after?

Is it the below in order?
receive formal offer
Sign contract
fly out to AD
Medical Check-up
apply for residence visa
Labour card

thanks for the advice....
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Oyi.. will do. With Eid Holidays in UAE, Its all on standstill at the moment..

what normally happens after?

Is it the below in order?
receive formal offer
Sign contract
fly out to AD
Medical Check-up
apply for residence visa
Labour card

thanks for the advice....
Add National ID card to the list, you won't get an AD driving licence without it.

Don't forget to have your degree and wedding certificates (if applicable) notarized and attested before you travel out here.