Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Canada

just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Canada

Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Can

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
i am sitting reading this whole thread and laughing my ass off at the airport people looking at me wondering what all the fun is about!
It did rather take on a life of it's own didn't it?

Thank goodness you're through immigration...thank you for taking the trouble to let us know the outcome.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Can

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
WOW i am amazed this thread has generated so much interest.

i am sitting at the airport just passed thru immigration the whole process took me 10 minutes.

i went up to the desk and was sent for a second interview, expected this

when i went into the second interview room i sat there for approx 5 mins and was called up, the officer told me and i quote "i have to let you into the us" this is your first warning if you travel again without a us passport there will be a fine of $545.00. he then gave me back my docs and told me i am good to go.
Well what a let down. I thought it might be more interesting than that.

Can you go back and try again, this time without the Naturalization Certificate?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Result - now we know you get one free home run
Well as we all know, not all border control agents act the same given the same scenario (or depending on other factors, which side they got out of the bed on etc).

I'd say that it would be presumptuous to say that everyone would get one freebie.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Well as we all know, not all border control agents act the same given the same scenario (or depending on other factors, which side they got out of the bed on etc).

I'd say that it would be presumptuous to say that everyone would get one freebie.
Might be but it encourages people to give it a try. This thread has been so much fun we need to see what can be achieved.

I will instigate the mrfoxy76 award for 2010 for the person who can make it back the furthest on just a non US passport and the naturalization certificate. Proof required a photo boarding the aircraft showing passport and certificate and a letter from the CBP officer to say they were let in on those documents. Prize will be 2lbs of English sausages and a 1lb of best Danish bacon.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:13 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

I will instigate the mrfoxy76 award for 2010 for the person who can make it back the furthest on just a non US passport and the naturalization certificate. Proof required a photo boarding the aircraft showing passport and certificate and a letter from the CBP officer to say they were let in on those documents. Prize will be 2lbs of English sausages and a 1lb of best Danish bacon.
Will there be a bonus prize for returning from an axis of evil country, without going directly to Gitmo?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Might be but it encourages people to give it a try. This thread has been so much fun we need to see what can be achieved.

i'll throw in a bottle of HP sauce & a nice Bloomer loaf, from Bartons,

Let the contest begin.

Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:17 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Will there be a bonus prize for returning from an axis of evil country, without going directly to Gitmo?
It's being closed and the inhabitants moved to Illinois. Perhaps O'Hare as a POE should be excluded.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Brill, absolutely brill, needed a good laugh.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chartreuse

Go to Gitmo, straight to Gitmo, don't pass customs & don't collect bottle of Brown sauce.
"OK"

Laughing too much, can't type.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
i'll throw in a bottle of HP sauce & a nice Bloomer loaf, from Bartons,

Let the contest begin.

Frank R.
I'll match your bottle of HP sauce and see you a bottle of Branston Pickle and a tin Heinz Baked Beans.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'll match your bottle of HP sauce and see you a bottle of Branston Pickle and a tin Heinz Baked Beans.
Your on Missy. Raise you, a doorstep & bottle of gold top milk.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by frrussre
Your on Missy. Raise you, a doorstep & bottle of gold top milk.

Reg. Frank R.

I see you're playing dirty Frank. I'll raise you 6 packets of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps and 2 large packets of Twiglets.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:54 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I see you're playing dirty Frank. I'll raise you 6 packets of Walkers Cheese and Onion Crisps and 2 large packets of Twiglets.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

See youuuuuuuu Jimmie & toss in 3 Cadbury's Flakes, 2 Aero's & box of Almond slice's.

I'm getting sad, want to home to Blighty for Xmas. What are we all doing here?

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Um, Brussels, throw in some spring greens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.