Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

King Fahd Causeway

King Fahd Causeway

Old Mar 3rd 2014, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

steviehouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: King Fahd Causeway

I think every international company will have a GRO, Government Relations Officer.
Most government bureaus and companies need a local Saudi to apply for IDs etc
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

ah yes, I know what you mean now. I'll get on to him asap...
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Ozbek is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Causeway Passport Book

Tried using the "causeway passport book" this weekend; it didn't work at all. On the inbound trip while crossing to Bahrain, I inserted the book on the visa page, which the Bahrain agent ignored and stamped the passport. On the KSA return leg, I inserted the book on the personal info page near the front of the passport and the Bahrain agent again ignored the book, stamping the passport instead. The KSA passport agents didn't bother stamping at all.

If you tried this recently, what were your results?

I'll give this thing one more shot before abandoning the effort. One slight consolation is that both recent stamps were onto previous stamps so they didn't occupy much if any blank passport page space.
Old Mar 24th 2014, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

acer100 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the magic passport book, I was told that you need a Bahrain multi entry visa before they can put the stamps in the book. So, after I got it, they still prefer to stamp the passport. Another trick that I use is to stick together two passport pages with some transparent cello tape, so that they cannot be stamped. You would think that they would protest and say "hey what is in between these two pages" instead they do not even blink and keep stamping the other pages. I hope that when the passport will be completely full, they will start with the book. Which, btw is offered together with the passport in the same passport holder.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:58 am
Just Joined

TiggerTime is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any up to date information regarding the commute times from Bahrain to Dammam. I will be looking to commute on a regular basis, sometimes on a daily basis for extended periods of time. Any advice regarding

Times of day
VIP fast track
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

acer100 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the morning at 5.30 am, it takes 45 minutes
In the evening at 4.00 pm, it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes

Leave from Aramco to Saar Bahrain and viceversa
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TiggerTime
Does anyone have any up to date information regarding the commute times from Bahrain to Dammam. I will be looking to commute on a regular basis, sometimes on a daily basis for extended periods of time. Any advice regarding

Times of day
VIP fast track

Daily easy enough - I do and know plenty who do the same, for the sanity of the wife and education of the children it is more than worth it.
Morning - I hit the tolls at 6.05 arrive in Jubail by 7.30am
Evening - leave Jubail 4.30 home in Bahrain 6.30 (or before)
Thursday - different story try earlier, much earlier.
Ramadan - clear and easy
Eid - Forget about it
Random times - it all goes to rat sh*t and you can sit there for 5 hours (seldom happens but can)
VIP Pass - at the moment unless your sponsor in Bahrain has huge Wasta - forget it

Last edited by Backinthesand; Apr 15th 2014 at 6:08 am. Reason: Learn how to use the reply button
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:06 am
Just Joined

BillySmartsCircus is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking to move out to Bahrain mid-June or early July and will be looking to live in Bahrain and work in Jubail. This is purely for the wifes sanity too and also we like the idea of having the kids educated at one of the two British schools. We have two young girls 6 & 8 and we will be taking the our two dogs (Beagles). Does anyone commute to Jubail ?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BillySmartsCircus
Looking to move out to Bahrain mid-June or early July and will be looking to live in Bahrain and work in Jubail. This is purely for the wifes sanity too and also we like the idea of having the kids educated at one of the two British schools. We have two young girls 6 & 8 and we will be taking the our two dogs (Beagles). Does anyone commute to Jubail ?
Loads of people do the Jubail run from Bahrain every day - read my post above yours "leave Jubail 4.30 home in Bahrain 6.30 (or before)"
Get applications into the schools NOW and get set up for assessment before the end of term (3rd July for St. Chris would assume BSB is the same) otherwise chances of getting a place for September will be limited - school should be your first priority.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

BillySmartsCircus is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers,

Me and the misses will look into it as soon as. Still need to sort out whether I can transfer some of the 'in Kingdom' benefits to out of Kingdom particularly the schooling.
Being able to commute though is spot on despite any complications it may pose.
Old May 10th 2014, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

borjigit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acer100
I have the magic passport book, I was told that you need a Bahrain multi entry visa before they can put the stamps in the book. So, after I got it, they still prefer to stamp the passport. Another trick that I use is to stick together two passport pages with some transparent cello tape, so that they cannot be stamped. You would think that they would protest and say "hey what is in between these two pages" instead they do not even blink and keep stamping the other pages. I hope that when the passport will be completely full, they will start with the book. Which, btw is offered together with the passport in the same passport holder.
that is not a good idea to let the passport full, that means no blank page, no space on any of the page, you will be declined to get into the country. The reason is that no space for stamp. If you are lucky, you may still let in once, but no sure the next time. I have run into this trouble, even I have the booklet but it did not help! Just wonder who has the trick to let them use the booklet.