Reload this Page >

King Fahd Causeway

King Fahd Causeway

Old Feb 13th 2014, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Ste390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default King Fahd Causeway

Morning Guys,

I know the majority of people on here are from the UAE but im wondering if anyone could help me a bit.

I commute from Bahrain to Dammam everyday over the causeway. Over the course of a month this equates to 80 entry/exit stamps which is rapidly filling my passport up.

I have heard that you can get a 'Causeway stamp book' to take some of the strain away from your passport. My question is, does anyone know where to go/procedure to follow to get one of these booklets?

Cheers

Steve
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:05 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: King Fahd Causeway

Originally Posted by Ste390
Morning Guys,

I know the majority of people on here are from the UAE but im wondering if anyone could help me a bit.

I commute from Bahrain to Dammam everyday over the causeway. Over the course of a month this equates to 80 entry/exit stamps which is rapidly filling my passport up.

I have heard that you can get a 'Causeway stamp book' to take some of the strain away from your passport. My question is, does anyone know where to go/procedure to follow to get one of these booklets?

Cheers

Steve
You used to be able to get them from inside the Bahrain passport control when exiting Saudi, but not sure this applies anymore. Just go inside the little building and ask. Otherwise you'll need to get your PRO to get it for you.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

imi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant futureimi7 has a brilliant future

I know folks who have successfully obtained a 2nd Brit passport citing visa reasons - this could be an option.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Iv already got one of those on the way. However at roughly just over a page per week used even the Jumbo one wont last that long!
Old Feb 20th 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Ozbek is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: King Fahd Causeway

I asked a colleague who has been in KSA for 3 years about this "causeway stamp book". He tells me that he had one but gave up using it because the customs officials kept stamping his passport instead of the "causeway stamp book" when he hands both over to them for inspection. Is it normal for them to ignore the book? If so, how do you encourage the customs officials to put their many stamps in the "causeway stamp book"?
Old Feb 20th 2014, 4:44 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozbek
I asked a colleague who has been in KSA for 3 years about this "causeway stamp book". He tells me that he had one but gave up using it because the customs officials kept stamping his passport instead of the "causeway stamp book" when he hands both over to them for inspection. Is it normal for them to ignore the book? If so, how do you encourage the customs officials to put their many stamps in the "causeway stamp book"?
no it is not normal. the only time this will happen is if the book is full.
so has anyone stopped in passport control and actually asked yet or you just waiting for the book to magically appear in your hand?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Do you have Bahrain residency? If so then you can get a causeway book at the Passport Office on Exhibitions Road, need to take a photograph (passport size) and copy of your passport data page and Bahrain residency Stamp, guess a copy of your Saudi Visa would help as well. I started a new visa in a new passport in December and the only stamps I have are airport departures and arrivals. I always put the causeway book inside my passport at the relevant visa page, with the queues on the causeway there is plenty of time to get it in the right place for both Saudi and Bahrain. If you need any help PM me, I will be back in Bahrain on Saturday.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: King Fahd Causeway

Originally Posted by Backinthesand
Do you have Bahrain residency?
Not sure who your reply was directed to, but thanks for the offer. I am a KSA resident and visit Bahrain maybe once or twice a month. Since I don't cross the causeway every day, I tasked our GRO to handle it.

Day 1: GRO didn't know what it was, so had to confab with his cronies
Day 2: I gave the required documents to GRO & he went to his contact in Khobar/ Dammam to get it
Day 3: Didn't answer calls
Day 4: Claims that his contact in Khobar/ Dammam did not have any more of these books but will check again tomorrow
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozbek

Day 1: GRO didn't know what it was, so had to confab with his cronies
Day 2: I gave the required documents to GRO & he went to his contact in Khobar/ Dammam to get it
Day 3: Didn't answer calls
Day 4: Claims that his contact in Khobar/ Dammam did not have any more of these books but will check again tomorrow

repeat ad infinitum
Old Feb 26th 2014, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Right then, I have just tasked our PRO/Fixer with sorting it out. Im now in his hands. Will report back with the inevitable delays, changes in procedure I am bound to face!

I am one of the naughty ones on a Saudi business visa conducting 'meetings' with a 5 year Bahrain tourist visa to get into there.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:02 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Ste390
Right then, I have just tasked our PRO/Fixer with sorting it out. Im now in his hands. Will report back with the inevitable delays, changes in procedure I am bound to face!

I am one of the naughty ones on a Saudi business visa conducting 'meetings' with a 5 year Bahrain tourist visa to get into there.
If I remember correctly you cannot have a stamping book if you don't have a proper residence visa by the way..
Old Feb 27th 2014, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

steviehouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never heard about this stamping book before.
I was in Saudi for 4 months last year and travelled to Bahrain nearly every weekend. about 6 pages were used in total although they did not stamp every time.
Considering I may soon be moving to Saudi full time and will visit Bahrain at least every other weekend then this will be useful for me. Will be good to hear the outcome on this.
Old Feb 27th 2014, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Cool Let's GRO : King Fahd Causeway

Originally Posted by flares

repeat ad infinitum
Oh ye of little faith! Day 5 brought success! The little book even smells like a new banknote.
Old Mar 1st 2014, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Ozbek. Could I enquire as to what "GRO" means?... and any chance of finding out who that contact was?
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sicklyman
Good news Ozbek. Could I enquire as to what "GRO" means?... and any chance of finding out who that contact was?
GRO = Government relations officer

Here's a job ad for a GRO in Kuwait:
http://www.bayt.com/en/job/governmen...uwait-3001757/

If you're working in KSA, there's a good chance your employer already has a GRO. Find out who he is and get the ball rolling. He'll have his own procedure, contacts etc. for sourcing one of these books.

HTH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.