Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Popular eat outs in Goa...

Popular eat outs in Goa...

Old Dec 19th 2012, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Popular eat outs in Goa...

Originally Posted by msj5
Spotted a new Pizza Hut about to open in calangute today!
Oh No, next there will be an M&S and Costa and it will be just like our high street.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by k800mer
The owner of All Spice opened a restaurant in Poverim last season, could this be his?
I checked this one out. The "new All Spice" is called A Twist of Taste, Goan Tadka and is on the NH17 next to that wildly coloured acupuncture clinic.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

steveandpauline is an unknown quantity at this point

try the pentagon in marjorda
Old Dec 28th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

steveandpauline is an unknown quantity at this point

stay away from gaylins in margao town. 14 of us went and 14 of us pushed our plates away after one taste. the food was off and they refused to refund us. and yes.....14 of us were sick with vomit and sh**s for several days....and that was after a taste!!
Old Dec 29th 2012, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

In Colva, Jamie's for steak and Caji's has been rebuilt and is open.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 5:12 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Popular eat outs in Goa...

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
In Colva, Jamie's for steak and Caji's has been rebuilt and is open.
The steaks are excellent at Jamie's - as were all the other things we tried & the prices are a 3rd or so lower than Fusion (Majorda) was some 4 or 5 years ago.

Jamie's also has a location in Baga.

The location of Caji's has always put me off trying it - just like the location of Fishlands puts me off trying that as well.

New Town Restaurant & Bar just outside Betalbatim provided a very good meal in pleasant surroundings - even if the place was a bit on the quiet side - save for some idiot braying loudly into his smart phone whilst his kids ran round their large table like mini Tasmanian Devils.

H.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 12:06 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
The steaks are excellent at Jamie's - as were all the other things we tried & the prices are a 3rd or so lower than Fusion (Majorda) was some 4 or 5 years ago.

Jamie's also has a location in Baga.

The location of Caji's has always put me off trying it - just like the location of Fishlands puts me off trying that as well.

New Town Restaurant & Bar just outside Betalbatim provided a very good meal in pleasant surroundings - even if the place was a bit on the quiet side - save for some idiot braying loudly into his smart phone whilst his kids ran round their large table like mini Tasmanian Devils.

H.

Is the Baga Jamie's actually called Jamie's?

Dread - x
Old Dec 30th 2012, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc

Dread - x
Yes its called Jamies and the food is OK for what is really a steak joint with chips. Clean though but a bit mossy at times so sit in the light if you go there. The only problem with Jamies now is parking.The police do periodic sweeps and will tow away your vehicle and charge you 300 to 400 to get it back.There is parking at a cost near the Bia Del Sol Hotel. 15 Rupees.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 5:05 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dreadsoc

Dread - x
As far as I know, yes - friends who stay in South Goa 1st 'found' Jamie's in Baga - they do a sliced beef starter with a soy & a wasabi dip/sauce - the beef is very tender & it's delicious.

H.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

As far as I know, yes - friends who stay in South Goa 1st 'found' Jamie's in Baga - they do a sliced beef starter with a soy & a wasabi dip/sauce - the beef is very tender & it's delicious.

H.
The Jamie's in Baga has been there for several years and the food has always been good but I don't know about this season as I am not in Goa yet. Only thing against it is the drink prices which have always been a bit expensive.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 7:13 pm
I love apathy!

The Jamie's in Baga has been there for several years and the food has always been good but I don't know about this season as I am not in Goa yet. Only thing against it is the drink prices which have always been a bit expensive.
Beers not too bad, domestic spirits & mixers not outrageous but OH was happy (I wasn't) to pay Rs900 for a bottle of Sula Sauvignon Blanc.

H.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beers not too bad, domestic spirits & mixers not outrageous but OH was happy (I wasn't) to pay Rs900 for a bottle of Sula Sauvignon Blanc.

H.
I would not spend that much on a bottle of 'Indian' wine, the only way to drink it is so chilled that you can not taste it.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:58 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

I would not spend that much on a bottle of 'Indian' wine, the only way to drink it is so chilled that you can not taste it.
Christmas 2010 a friend paid 900 rups for Jacobs Creek in Newtons,
Old Dec 31st 2012, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by noni
Christmas 2010 a friend paid 900 rups for Jacobs Creek in Newtons,
Some friends from Margao came to stay earlier in the year and bought 3 bottles of imported wine from delfinos at exorbitant prices ....1 was semi OK.. 1 had not travelled well and the posh rose is still in the fridge......
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

A couple of years ago, there was a restaurant in Candolim called, I think, Tony's which served very nice fish and chips. It was on the main road then moved down a sidestreet. Anyone know it's present location.

Davie.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.