Visa help.

Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:36 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa help.

After all the problems members have been receiving obtaining Visa's thought it may help to put all the telephone numbers, email contacts in one place.

If any of you have got any other numbers, please add to the thread.
This thread is for information only.

http://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-U..._Passport.aspx[/url]
with this you can trace your passport and see at what stage your visa is
at would advise you to keep a watch on this, as they do not contact you
if there is a problem

Call center number 09057570045.
95p a min + 6p min BT

[email protected]

Types of Visas: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visacategory.aspx

Documents required for your visa: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/documents.aspx

Visa Fees and Charges: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visafees.aspx

Your Visa Processing Time: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/processingtime.aspx

How to make an application online: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/applyonline.aspx

How to modify/ retrieve your application: https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-UK

How to apply by Post: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/postalapplication.aspx

Visa application Forms: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visaforms.aspx

Visa application Centres: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/contactus.aspx

Our Terms and Conditions: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/terms.aspx

Tracking the status of your visa application: https://www.visaservices.co.in/IHC-U..._Passport.aspx

Complaints number 02078113976, Monday to Friday between 0900hrs - 1300hrs & 1400hrs - 1700hrs

[email protected]

[email protected]

Last edited by noni; Dec 9th 2011 at 10:58 am.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa help.

Excellent Noni
this will be useful for anyone on the visa run
well done Mod
GC
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:25 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Good post Noni, not to mention my screaming and shouting in the visa office, but it worked.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

This has appeared on the Australian VFS site (nothing on UK VFS yet (?):

Important Notice

This has reference to instructions regarding Tourist Visa. The following information is brought to the notice of all concerned.

In respect of foreign nationals who are issued with long term Tourist visa for 10/5 years, it is stipulated that there should be gap of at least 2 months between two visits. Stay on each visit should not exceed 180 days in case of UK nationals and 90 days in case of nationals of remaining countries entitled to long term tourist visa. In case a visit to India is required with in 2 months period, special permission of the Mission/Post would be required.

(N.Dorjee Khangserpa)
Second Secretary (Consular)
Old Nov 29th 2009, 1:02 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by a_f_d
This has appeared on the Australian VFS site (nothing on UK VFS yet (?):
I've been more than happy with the services of VFS Global - however, when I applied on-line for my visa in 2008, they didn't delete my details after my visa was granted & it took several e-mails (& weeks) to get them to delete my details so that I could apply for my visa on-line in 2009.

I would have applied for a longer visa than I did, BUT the cost difference of 'up to 1 year' & 'more than 1 year' of £55 per visa put me off, BECAUSE, had I applied for the longer visa & ended up being given a shorter visa, then I might as well 'pi**ed the difference of £110 (for 2 visas) up against the wall' - the experiences of Steve Benaulim (can't f**king wait to get on the beach at Zumbrai - Varca end, next Monday) do give me heart though & next season I might have the 'bollocks' (Hi Noni) to try for the longer visa!

H.

P.S. - My heartfelt sympathies go out to Steve Benaulim over the loss of his father & his mother's current illness - I'm in the fortunate position that both my parents are in rude health & I dread the day that anything happens to either of them because I'm used to living without much emotion & I really really don't know how I'll deal with it.

P.P.S. - currently sat on lounge floor, regretting the morning after the night before, heating on, fire on, eating 'Wotsits' (for some reason ), one eye on Merseyside derby, one eye on pi**ing down rain outside - off to toast some muffins now & toss a coin to see whether I have a cup of tea or a glass of beer. . . . . .

Last edited by hemingway; Nov 29th 2009 at 1:27 pm. Reason: head's a shed & brain's fuddled. . . . . . . . .
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by hemingway
I've been more than happy with the services of VFS Global - however, when I applied on-line for my visa in 2008, they didn't delete my details after my visa was granted & it took several e-mails (& weeks) to get them to delete my details so that I could apply for my visa on-line in 2009.

I would have applied for a longer visa than I did, BUT the cost difference of 'up to 1 year' & 'more than 1 year' of £55 per visa put me off, BECAUSE, had I applied for the longer visa & ended up being given a shorter visa, then I might as well 'pi**ed the difference of £110 (for 2 visas) up against the wall' - the experiences of Steve Benaulim (can't f**king wait to get on the beach at Zumbrai - Varca end, next Monday) do give me heart though & next season I might have the 'bollocks' (Hi Noni) to try for the longer visa!

H.

P.S. - My heartfelt sympathies go out to Steve Benaulim over the loss of his father & his mother's current illness - I'm in the fortunate position that both my parents are in rude health & I dread the day that anything happens to either of them because I'm used to living without much emotion & I really really don't know how I'll deal with it.

P.P.S. - currently sat on lounge floor, regretting the morning after the night before, heating on, fire on, eating 'Wotsits' (for some reason ), one eye on Merseyside derby, one eye on pi**ing down rain outside - off to toast some muffins now & toss a coin to see whether I have a cup of tea or a glass of beer. . . . . .
Interesting!

I had a similar problem this year when appying online this year. I completed my application online ok. At the end of the process you are asked if you wish to apply for another (for spouse etc). I answered 'yes' and entered my wife's passport number - at which point I got a message saying 'invalid entry'. No way back at that point of course so both applications were bug***ed.

Eventually I discovered the problem was that my wife's visa for 2008 was showing as 'awaiting collection' despite us having collected it and used it. It hadn't been cleared from the system.

Had to email VFS and wait whilst they cleared the error and my aborted application.

In future I will run a check on both passport numbers before making the applications (N.B You can search for visa application progress - if last years was still on the system it would show up)
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Interesting!

I had a similar problem this year when appying online this year. I completed my application online ok. At the end of the process you are asked if you wish to apply for another (for spouse etc). I answered 'yes' and entered my wife's passport number - at which point I got a message saying 'invalid entry'. No way back at that point of course so both applications were bug***ed.

Eventually I discovered the problem was that my wife's visa for 2008 was showing as 'awaiting collection' despite us having collected it and used it. It hadn't been cleared from the system.

Had to email VFS and wait whilst they cleared the error and my aborted application.

In future I will run a check on both passport numbers before making the applications (N.B You can search for visa application progress - if last years was still on the system it would show up)
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Visa help.

Originally Posted by Tina1
Just as a matter of interest, I have received our visitor visas back today. Thats a turnaround of only 8 days. This was from Hayes.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:05 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tina1
Just as a matter of interest, I have received our visitor visas back today. Thats a turnaround of only 8 days. This was from Hayes.
Well lucky you! You have not had the problems of some members on here.
Perhaps you are lucky enough not to own property over here If you are in Candolim give us a pm and we can meet up.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

wilky 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Visa help.

This is my first posting on BE so please be patient. Having being visiting Goa for a number of years still a tweeker. We usually visit in December and again March/April time getting 2 visits from one visa. We applied end of Nov for a 6 month multiple entry as we have previously. We were then asked to submit a letter from our employers to say that we were applying for an Indian Visa for a holiday which we both supplied. Visa's came back today - I have what we asked for and my husband has just got a 3 month single entry visa. This will prove for us to be very expensive holidays if this is all we can now expect to receive. My husband has a new passport not sure it if this was the reason. Do they need to see previous visa's for continuity?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Welcome Wilky to BE and the wonderful world of Goa, but at least it is hot and sunny out here.
Visa problems - there are so many their right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:25 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wilky 7
This is my first posting on BE so please be patient. Having being visiting Goa for a number of years still a tweeker. We usually visit in December and again March/April time getting 2 visits from one visa. We applied end of Nov for a 6 month multiple entry as we have previously. We were then asked to submit a letter from our employers to say that we were applying for an Indian Visa for a holiday which we both supplied. Visa's came back today - I have what we asked for and my husband has just got a 3 month single entry visa. This will prove for us to be very expensive holidays if this is all we can now expect to receive. My husband has a new passport not sure it if this was the reason. Do they need to see previous visa's for continuity?
Wilky 7,

Welcome to BE! I have read recently that a person who is a new visitor (as someone with a NEW passport with no history could be judged) to India applying for a 6 month visa is viewed as a bigger 'risk/threat' than someone applying for a one year visa who can show repeated 'short stay' visit history.

I think you've been unlucky at the hands of an over zealous consulate visa officer.

Best Wishes

H.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:34 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Please take note of this (as if there wasnt already enough to worry about!)

http://www.indiamike.com/india/india...ries-t96729/3/

If you cant be bothered to read it, it would appear that the visa operations in Australia and USA have decided that if you have a long-term visa - and that seems to be anything over 6 months! - then if you leave india during the period then you will be required to stay out for a minimum of 2 months, even though you have a valid multi-entry visa.
Sounds daft?
Thats what most people on the thread thought to start with until it began to develop. This is a current situation and is growing daily and although there have not been reports of UK citizens being affected, only time will tell.

But if the Yanks and Aussies have been hit then it woulkd be illogical for us not to be next. What this will mean, if you hadnt worked it out is;
If you are lucky enough to get a 12 month visa, you will have to leave after 180 as you do now, but............will then have to stay out for 2 months (of your remaining 6 months of visa) leaving just 4 months stay when you do get back!

Last edited by johnny five; Dec 4th 2009 at 2:43 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:02 am

New rule - long term tourist visas(5 / 10 years )

It is on the US website now as well.

http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/visa.asp

‘There should be a gap of at least 2 months between two visits to the country on a Tourist Visa. In case of requirement to visit the country within 2 months, permission should be sought from the Head of Mission concerned. In such cases, registration would be required within 14 days of arrival.’ It's not as if they are here illegally or without seeking the proper channels!

And there is, of course, overman's example. just after implementing visa on arrivals to encourage tourism, India does this? Shooting themselves in the foot, I'll say!

What the heck is a "head of Mission"? And I'll be you they're not advising people of this as they're leaving the country!

P.S. Privilege or not, it is ridiculous to change the rules with no notice whatsoever to visa holders, other than a tiny notice on the embassy website. Many people are here legitimately on tourist visa long term as there is no other option for people here who aren't getting paid & aren't students (e.g. research, language learning, volunteering, etc). I have friends who were TOLD to get a tourist visa by immigration as that is "for people who aren't making money."

Who the hell is Head of Mission - come in Dr. Spock
At least these other countries have visa's up to 10 years saves the faffing about every year with Hayes.

Last edited by noni; Dec 6th 2009 at 11:10 am.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
New rule - long term tourist visas(5 / 10 years )

It is on the US website now as well.

http://www.indianembassy.org/newsite/visa.asp

‘There should be a gap of at least 2 months between two visits to the country on a Tourist Visa. In case of requirement to visit the country within 2 months, permission should be sought from the Head of Mission concerned. In such cases, registration would be required within 14 days of arrival.’ It's not as if they are here illegally or without seeking the proper channels!

And there is, of course, overman's example. just after implementing visa on arrivals to encourage tourism, India does this? Shooting themselves in the foot, I'll say!

What the heck is a "head of Mission"? And I'll be you they're not advising people of this as they're leaving the country!

P.S. Privilege or not, it is ridiculous to change the rules with no notice whatsoever to visa holders, other than a tiny notice on the embassy website. Many people are here legitimately on tourist visa long term as there is no other option for people here who aren't getting paid & aren't students (e.g. research, language learning, volunteering, etc). I have friends who were TOLD to get a tourist visa by immigration as that is "for people who aren't making money."

Who the hell is Head of Mission - come in Dr. Spock
At least these other countries have visa's up to 10 years saves the faffing about every year with Hayes.
You go girl!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.