GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:50 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Wink GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Here we can put anything we like about our lives in UK. and not disturb the serious business of BE threads.

It is good to read how things are panning out at home, prices etc, when you have been away for six months, the prices of things and how bad the UK really is. Quite a lot of shops have closed down, and we definitely did not buy pineapples at £2. or melons at £1.49. Three bottles of Jacob's creek for £10 was a good buy.

Weather is cold wet and cloudy.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOSSIP AND CHIT CHAT

Originally Posted by noni
Here we can put anything we like about our lives in UK. and not disturb the serious business of BE threads.

It is good to read how things are panning out at home, prices etc, when you have been away for six months, the prices of things and how bad the UK really is. Quite a lot of shops have closed down, and we definitely did not buy pineapples at £2. or melons at £1.49. Three bottles of Jacob's creek for £10 was a good buy.

Weather is cold wet and cloudy.
Things in Britain are rough at the moment,with regards to job's they say 3 million will be on the dole by Xmas.They have said however food will be cheaper?? but not Noffi that will be going up
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:25 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Things in Britain are rough at the moment,with regards to job's they say 3 million will be on the dole by Xmas.They have said however food will be cheaper?? but not Noffi that will be going up

Can be a wino over here, but not in Goa. Looking at the clothes in Asda they are only a few pounds more (full price) than the Goa tat, and made to a far higher standard. Will wait for the sales for sundresses then they will be cheaper than Calengute.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

I stoppen buying clothes in Goa years ago, my daughter always used to buy things which ended up in the bin as soon as we got home as they would fall apart when you washed them. I could never find anything that would fit me properly.

I bought a pair of shoes in Tesco last week, they cost me £6.50, how can you complain. Tesco and Asda have all sorts of offers on at the moment.
We are off to goa next week, I shall be packing coffee, flora, cheese, I even take a couple of bottles of wine, I can't stand their excuse for wine out there.

Weather in London today was sunny earlier and felt quiet warm but it is starting to cloud over. I gather we are to have rain for the bank holiday weekend, typical!!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:13 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

I even take a couple of bottles of wine
Have you considered a wine-box? It cant smash like bottles and with no weight of glass you almost get 3 litres for the kilos of 2 bottles........
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnny five
Have you considered a wine-box? It cant smash like bottles and with no weight of glass you almost get 3 litres for the kilos of 2 bottles........
Good thinking Batman and it's cheaper than buying bottles
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by powerhouse
Weather in London today was sunny earlier and felt quiet warm but it is starting to cloud over. I gather we are to have rain for the bank holiday weekend, typical!!
Could be worse Powerhouse. Had a mail from a colleague in Dallas this afternoon and they had 3" of snow with a forecast of another 5" tonite And don't forget it snowed in the UK last Easter too - we were in Goa
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Quite agree J5. Wine box does it for us every time. Works out cheaper and we can recycle the cardboard in our weelie bin - have to take the bottles to the local tip and put them in the bank. ASDA do a very good range. Can recommend the Australian one - just over £11 for 3 litres Well it is at the moment until Golden Brown and his lacky Darling put it up.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I stoppen buying clothes in Goa years ago, my daughter always used to buy things which ended up in the bin as soon as we got home as they would fall apart when you washed them. I could never find anything that would fit me properly.

I bought a pair of shoes in Tesco last week, they cost me £6.50, how can you complain. Tesco and Asda have all sorts of offers on at the moment.
We are off to goa next week, I shall be packing coffee, flora, cheese, I even take a couple of bottles of wine, I can't stand their excuse for wine out there.

Enjoy your trip and update us when you return back to UK.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

SuzieK will become famous soon enough

Hello yes
did think youse lot were pretty cliquey to begin with been comin here for 10 years now only found out about this site this year. so this has been my day in my country went up to VFS office in Edinburgh another bl**dy indian holiday after our normal weekend. How many holidays do some people require!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway asked the good old jobs worth comissioner on the door then a representative from VSF popped out, i asked him the chances of gettin a 1 year visa and told him i had property in Goa to which a 1 year visa would be more desirable he told me we would only get 6 months i asked him is it true that we may be downgraded to 3 month visas to which Mr JobsWorth replied they all cost the same to which i replied do you mean a 1 year visa the answer was no:curse: 3 and 6 month visas cost the same. So i still dont know how you get a 1 year visa. VSF man informed me i should go back and sell it then apply for a buisness visa and do it legally. i told him it is as much to do with the seller should have known this before we got into it, a little advice on the type of visa would have went a long way 4 years ago. I did inquire if there was an Indian law society. As he was starting to talk about legalities. i told him my Goan lawyer was up to scratch on the law by advising us we lose our passports , to which Mr JobsWorth ran to a computer to look up law society India while his back was turned i felt like ripping Mr VSF's head off:curse: and inform him on our human rights in Goa. Mr VSF conviently bu**ered off. Mr JobsWorth wanted to phone the police thinking i had contravened on his human rights why doesn't this man just retire with his money to goa and see how good the indians he is looking after in rose street will look after him . All was good till i started going down princes street and all the tartan gift shops are now ran by pakistanis whats this a new peshmina type of tartan ? oh how we hope gordon and his cronies are gonna save us, when scotland seems to be selling its heritage down the road, had to go for a few feeling more refreshed and relaxed now, sitting down watching t.v and i watched BBC Panorama, i nearly choked on my dinner watchin the BBC's Jeremy Vine doing a human rights program on Indians, Bangladeshis and paks gettin a hard done deal in Dubai. With all your tax payers money, this program has been payed for and been shown on prime time bbc t.v and we are supposed to feel sorry, for sure it is not great just like our situation out in Goa. So if Mr Jeremy Vine wants to continue banging on about peoples human rights maybe he should look into the situation concerning all us brits (licence fee payers ) getting reverse discrimminated against out here, want too rip his head off aswell :curse:. To top it off i was trying too book a flight from Edinburgh to Southhampton no joy whatsoever phoned up the cheap rate phone line and was informed my card was not covered by this carrier, no disrespect to the girl who was doing her job in DELHI i feel like having a chinese tonight . followed with lots of asda wine to wash it down and clear my head.
still cant wait to get back to goa again but aw well. Can't wait to win the lottery either.

Sorry if this sounds like a blog but it is gossip and something to chit - chat about.

Last edited by SuzieK; Apr 6th 2009 at 10:55 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by SuzieK
Hello yes
did think youse lot were pretty cliquey to begin with been comin here for 10 years now only found out about this site this year. so this has been my day in my country went up to VFS office in Edinburgh another bl**dy indian holiday after our normal weekend. How many holidays do some people require!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway asked the good old jobs worth comissioner on the door then a representative from VSF popped out, i asked him the chances of gettin a 1 year visa and told him i had property in Goa to which a 1 year visa would be more desirable he told me we would only get 6 months i asked him is it true that we may be downgraded to 3 month visas to which Mr JobsWorth replied they all cost the same to which i replied do you mean a 1 year visa the answer was no:curse: 3 and 6 month visas cost the same. So i still dont know how you get a 1 year visa. VSF man informed me i should go back and sell it then apply for a buisness visa and do it legally. i told him it is as much to do with the seller should have known this before we got into it, a little advice on the type of visa would have went a long way 4 years ago. I did inquire if there was an Indian law society. As he was starting to talk about legalities. i told him my Goan lawyer was up to scratch on the law by advising us we lose our passports , to which Mr JobsWorth ran to a computer to look up law society India while his back was turned i felt like ripping Mr VSF's head off:curse: and inform him on our human rights in Goa. Mr VSF conviently bu**ered off. Mr JobsWorth wanted to phone the police thinking i had contravened on his human rights why doesn't this man just retire with his money to goa and see how good the indians he is looking after in rose street will look after him . All was good till i started going down princes street and all the tartan gift shops are now ran by pakistanis whats this a new peshmina type of tartan ? oh how we hope gordon and his cronies are gonna save us, when scotland seems to be selling its heritage down the road, had to go for a few feeling more refreshed and relaxed now, sitting down watching t.v and i watched BBC Panorama, i nearly choked on my dinner watchin the BBC's Jeremy Vine doing a human rights program on Indians, Bangladeshis and paks gettin a hard done deal in Dubai. With all your tax payers money, this program has been payed for and been shown on prime time bbc t.v and we are supposed to feel sorry, for sure it is not great just like our situation out in Goa. So if Mr Jeremy Vine wants to continue banging on about peoples human rights maybe he should look into the situation concerning all us brits (licence fee payers ) getting reverse discrimminated against out here, want too rip his head off aswell :curse:. To top it off i was trying too book a flight from Edinburgh to Southhampton no joy whatsoever phoned up the cheap rate phone line and was informed my card was not covered by this carrier, no disrespect to the girl who was doing her job in DELHI i feel like having a chinese tonight . followed with lots of asda wine to wash it down and clear my head.
still cant wait to get back to goa again but aw well. Can't wait to win the lottery either.

Sorry if this sounds like a blog but it is gossip and something to chit - chat about.
Welcome Suzie, No we are not cliquie - just bonkers on this site. Join in and have your say. Sometimes I wish I had not heard of the site and I would have been sitting on my sunbed not worrying about anything until the dreaded letter arrived from the D of E.

It certainly makes you feel better to have a rant, if we keep it to this thread then we will not keep crossthreading (no hope of that)

I think it was Jeremy Vine that interviewed some of the BE members on a radio show last year about the problems of purchasing property in India, no doubt if I am wrong somebody will B******* me.

As far as the VSF are concerned they don't know their arse from their elbows.
lets think up what VSF could stand for. That will give J5 something to think abour today.

I Will be polite Very Stubborn Fools.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:10 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Its VFS not VSF, innit?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

This morning I caught a bit of BBC world showing Sri Lankans sat outside Houses of Parliament having a demostration about something (missed that bit) asking British Government to do something to help them. They are going to continue with this until something is done.
Perhaps we (you - I will be in warmer climes ) should do this - noni take your tent up to London and start if off. J5 can come and join you when he gets back to UK (he will have nowt else to do for 2 months) and maybe someone will take notice of our plight in Goa.
Seriously though why should OUR Government help them when they don't give a rats ar*e about us.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Daff
Could be worse Powerhouse. Had a mail from a colleague in Dallas this afternoon and they had 3" of snow with a forecast of another 5" tonite And don't forget it snowed in the UK last Easter too - we were in Goa
Can't wait to be hot & sweaty, if it all get too much there always the air con.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:13 am

Its VFS not VSF, innit?
OK clever clogs. Very F.... sods. sorry Really mean Very Friendly sods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.