Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:52 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In To-day's Newspapers

http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
OWNER OF BRITISH REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER DISAPPEARS

:curse::curse:
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:56 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk
OWNER OF BRITISH REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER DISAPPEARS :curse::curse:
Yes, Mr Lee Cornel Williams of Churchills has done one from Estonia of all places where he was also taking peoples money as deposits on property - surely no one is so unfortunate to have paid deposits to Churchills for properties in BOTH Goa & Estonia???

Hemingway
Old Sep 4th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hemingway
Yes, Mr Lee Cornel Williams of Churchills has done one from Estonia of all places where he was also taking peoples money as deposits on property - surely no one is so unfortunate to have paid deposits to Churchills for properties in BOTH Goa & Estonia???

Hemingway
http://www.goanvoice.org.uk.

You will see that Channel 4 pulled out of filming there because of the awkwardness of the Goans. More revenue lost to the place.

TITLED WHEN WOMEN RULED THE WORLD

Last edited by old man; Sep 4th 2008 at 9:46 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

thatman will become famous soon enoughthatman will become famous soon enough

They would have lost out on the last line for a start -

"A decent phone line is absolutely critical".

What a loss to Goa for that kind of free publicity - greedy people again.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

"F**k them. Get out, we'll go somewhere else,"

Someone should carve that in stone - outside the Goa Assembly building!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:32 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d

Yes, it says it all, just unfortunately for them like the tourists are doing this season.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:29 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d

In http://www.goanvoice.org.uk. I see that they have summons Scarlets mum to Goa under the Childrens Act 2003 to appear before them 12th September. Have they given her a visa yet?

Whilst we all agree this is a very sad and distressing case, and it is up to each of us to look into our own hearts and know what we would have done in the same situation, let us look at the Goans once again "Don't do as I do, do as I say". We all know how many children we see alone, some as young as 4 on the beaches, and roads why are they not being protected from sado's and paed's. We often see small children the oldest around 8 with up to three smaller children with them. Why are their parents not brought to book.

Kettle, pot black comes to mind.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Calangute,Goa (October -May) Pattaya,Thailand (May-Oct)
enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

These are not often Goan children as such , but mainly the children of itinerant or out of State workers.But by the same token the Goans see it, and allow it to happen.
Any suffering,abuse,or cruelty to children is harrowing, and one of the saddest sights in the world, in my book, is to see a child crying (unless they deserved a slap of course).

Lets hope for happier days
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:33 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by enfield951
These are not often Goan children as such , but mainly the children of itinerant or out of State workers.But by the same token the Goans see it, and allow it to happen.
Any suffering,abuse,or cruelty to children is harrowing, and one of the saddest sights in the world, in my book, is to see a child crying (unless they deserved a slap of course).

Lets hope for happier days
Hi Enfield,

What I meant was Children in Goa - Indian children who are allowed to roam on their own, little tiny tots with those adorable big brown eyes. As I said - kettle calling the pot black again, they see it and allow it to happen.

With the Scarlett case they are just drawing more attention and getting more bad publicity for Goa. Nothing is going to bring the poor girl back, and her mother has to live with those harrowing memories.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

You will see that Channel 4 pulled out of filming there because of the awkwardness of the Goans. More revenue lost to the place.

The company that made this programme is; www.septemberfilms.com

Maybe worth a hit to them about the property problems any thoughts?

Or how tying this up with; [email protected]

or; [email protected]
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:07 pm
Account Closed

camelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kan-conned

The company that made this programme is; www.septemberfilms.com

Or how tying this up with; [email protected]

or; [email protected]
good idea kan,channel4 are good on this kind of documentary.anything can do.all best
Old Sep 6th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

enfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really niceenfield951 is just really nice

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Enfield,

What I meant was Children in Goa - Indian children who are allowed to roam on their own, little tiny tots with those adorable big brown eyes. As I said - kettle calling the pot black again, they see it and allow it to happen.

With the Scarlett case they are just drawing more attention and getting more bad publicity for Goa. Nothing is going to bring the poor girl back, and her mother has to live with those harrowing memories.

I totally agree with you, they just seem to have an ability to mess up everything they have to deal with.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

ANDYRU is an unknown quantity at this point

Kan-Conned,
whilst in Goa, I alway buy the news magazine Tehelka. It appears to have a refreshingly honest reporting attitude towards events in India. They are definately not afraid of exposing corruption.
It may be a good idea to contact them and see if they would like to cover the stories of some of the people on here?
Just a thought
http://www.tehelka.com/
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Hi Andyru,

http://www.tehelka.com/

Thanks for the info, must admit I have never seen the publication before but it looks very interesting and forthright, so come on you intellectuals out there( Noni, Remy, Babu1, AndyD, Enfield, Hemmingway etc etc) have a look

K-C
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, a very well balanced,thought provoking magazin, with a realistic perspective.
I have registered to read it on line and will keep viewing it,and perhaps ask Sai Communications to save me a copy each week.
PS Thanks for the compliment ,it's just nice to fill the time in when you are no longer working with a bit of stimulating debate and banter.
What did we do before PC's ,gardening , wash the car,and generally fester ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.