Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Need to see a Dr but i’m not sure what to do!

Need to see a Dr but i’m not sure what to do!

Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:39 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to see a Dr but i’m not sure what to do!

in Oman, if you know the brand name, you will get the drugs OTC.

Thing is, I can see why they wanted you to see a Urologist. It's rare to get spontaneous UTIs. It's also a classic newbie mistake to not drink lots and lots and lots of water until you acclimatise. Your pee needs to be clear / pale yellow. You may just be sore/dehydrated, and that means antibiotics are pointless/dangerous.

Go to your nearest shop and drink gallons of cranberry juice or any other alkaline juice. Avoid tea, coffee, acidic fruit juices, alcohol. Lots and lots and lots of water.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:46 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Very rare for men to get UTIs because of the distance the bacteria have to travel as the uretha in men is very long (but womans is very short). My Dr took it so seriously a few years ago that I had an endoscopy (hhhmmm) and a barium drink with xrays as it worked its way through.
As it turned out there was no congenital abnormality detected but in men a UTI is not good.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an appointment at 13:00 today so will see what the urologist says. I’ve invested in a few gallons of cranberry juice too - i’ve been drinking a lot of fresh OJ as it’s made fresh in the hotel - maybe this hasn’t helped?

As for water I have been drinking gallons! I train 8 times a week (twice a day on three days) so understand the importance of being hydrated.

At the risk of getting some more abuse I must reiterate - I have not put my plonker anywhere it shouldn’t have been! I spoke to my wife earlier as we share the same log in and I didn’t want her getting the wrong idea. Thanks for all of the amusing quips (Millhouse )...

as for those who have taken the time to provide more sensible responses I appreciate your help.

Have a good day all
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin
I have an appointment at 13:00 today so will see what the urologist says. I’ve invested in a few gallons of cranberry juice too - i’ve been drinking a lot of fresh OJ as it’s made fresh in the hotel - maybe this hasn’t helped?

As for water I have been drinking gallons! I train 8 times a week (twice a day on three days) so understand the importance of being hydrated.

At the risk of getting some more abuse I must reiterate - I have not put my plonker anywhere it shouldn’t have been! I spoke to my wife earlier as we share the same log in and I didn’t want her getting the wrong idea. Thanks for all of the amusing quips (Millhouse )...

as for those who have taken the time to provide more sensible responses I appreciate your help.

Have a good day all
I'm only kidding. I'm sure the ol' chap is just pining for the misses - hence the problems.

For what it's worth, I normally have a stock of drugs - there are times when you know you need to have antibiotics and you can't get to see a doctor. When you do get the prescription, get two packets and put one in stock. Just only take them when you really need them - like you would in the UK.

Do drink the cranberry. If nothing else, it's quite nice.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 5:03 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin
i’ve been drinking a lot of fresh OJ as it’s made fresh in the hotel - maybe this hasn’t helped?
Very acidic and will irritate your bladder even more (grapefruit is the worst). Lay off it and also drink decaff tea and coffee because caffeine also irritates a sensitive bladder.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 7:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I caught a UTI from the pool at Crowne Plaza Yas Island along with conjunctivitis following a party. It's grim.
Old May 13th 2014, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Rubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond reputeRubydo has a reputation beyond repute

I have just sat and read these amusing posts (sorry James I didn't mean your infection was amusing) a UTI is what it says on the tin a urinary tract infection, not an STI !!! Poor wife, I bet she was having kittens while all jokes were going round. Hope all got cleared up James

Laura :-)
Old May 13th 2014, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Venezuelan007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I needed some antibiotics a few weeks ago...
The chemist told me antibiotics need prescription, I wouldn't know if all of them, or if you could get some of them without it.
I was about to go to Dukham hospital to get it, but remembered that luckly I brought some amoxicilin from home in my medipack.
I would go Dukhan hospital if I need to... Ive been told you get good service there although is far.
Old May 13th 2014, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Augmentin or amoxicillin. Augmentin I ask for OTC at the pharmacy (be bossy, they won't argue with you - although I am female so I think it scares them). My compound supermarket often has amoxy. on the shelf next to the paracetamol. Brilliant.
Old May 13th 2014, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

zithromax - 250 mg take four pills (1000 mg) at the same time with a little water on an empty stomach...should do the trick...
Old May 13th 2014, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Augmentim clears syphilis and ghonnorhea, a good shower afterwards prevents aids according to baas Jacob and kids headlice treatment kills crabs. A false mobile number prevents paternity claims. You are now Doha future proofed,