Reload this Page >

One day free in Abu Dhabi

One day free in Abu Dhabi

Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Expat777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One day free in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone

I am visiting Abu Dhabi this weekend for an interview and have a free day on the Sunday to get about and take in as much of the city as possible.

I guess I will book the hop on hop off bus to start with and let that get me round the main sights - but are there any other alternative suggestions? Can you book private taxi's/cars economically to ferry you about to different locations?

Grateful for any input

Expat777
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One day free in Abu Dhabi

"Hop on/off bus" (if you mean the Big Bus Company, and I don't know of others) was pretty expensive when I last looked. I'd just take a taxi - probably cheaper and definitely quicker.

I'd say you have a choice - you could either take in the tourist sites (and there aren't many, though the Sheikh Zayed Mosque is an absolute must), or you could use the time to scout out practical information - eg where you might live, maybe visit a school to discuss vacancies etc. Possibly time for both. But if you want to do the practical stuff then you'll need to do some research first.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

for sights, go see the mosque, and take tea at emirates palace, go see the big cruise ship if its still there... take your swimmers and go to yas waterworld and/or ferrari world.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Expat777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thks Archie & busy bee

I will definitely visit the mosque and maybe the Emirates tower and maybe check out some of the malls- not organised enough for schools yet but will move on that one -along with housing - if things look promising after Monday.

Re housing - there seems to be a huge supply- and different prices for what appears to be similar villas - are the prices quoted usually negotiable?
Old Apr 17th 2014, 10:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You could try a 485 quid Easter brunch in Dubai...