GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by k800mer
The Tourist visa bit is well out of date as it still shows the 2 month rule.
If you're running a website using pdf's (and to a lesser extent .doc's) is a cop-out. They're much easier to create but a b*gger to keep up to date.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jan 7th 2014, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point

Further to my previous post last month, I have now received a letter summoning me to attend a meeting in 2 weeks time at the Directorate of Enforcement in Panjim. A lot of information is required, much of which is in an old passport back in the UK somewhere! A lot of water has passed under the bridge since the purchase of my flat in Jan 2003... I have an excellent solicitor, still love Goa and have faith for a positive outcome. Will update next stage in due course.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:35 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Jessica
Further to my previous post last month, I have now received a letter summoning me to attend a meeting in 2 weeks time at the Directorate of Enforcement in Panjim. A lot of information is required, much of which is in an old passport back in the UK somewhere! A lot of water has passed under the bridge since the purchase of my flat in Jan 2003... I have an excellent solicitor, still love Goa and have faith for a positive outcome. Will update next stage in due course.
Thanks for posting regarding your situation. I wish you all the best for a just & positive outcome.

Regards

H.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Thanks!
Old Jan 10th 2014, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jessica
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Next 'Townhall' Meeting for UK Property Owners in Goa

Message received from British High Commission:
Hi all,

The [next Townhall] meeting has been confirmed for Friday, 7th Feb 2014 at Cidade de Goa from 1600 – 1700 hours. The British Deputy High Commissioner, Mr Kumar Iyer and the Consul for India, Ms Michaela Williamson will attend....

Please do spread the word.
AndyD 8-)
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Do we still have a today`s newspapers thread? There is a front page piece on the ED and FEMA in the ToT today. I may be one of the 4 Brits mentioned since I am in Candolim but my solicitor says not necessarily. I am game for the process having come this far. Onwards and upwards!
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:18 am
Just Joined

beaumontriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a legit lawyer who is based in Mumbai and has expertise and good connections within the DOE please.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beaumontriver
Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a legit lawyer who is based in Mumbai and has expertise and good connections within the DOE please.
I've PM'd you

AndyD 8-)#8377;
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:33 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I've PM'd you

AndyD 8-)#8377;
Can Beaumontriver access PMs without having made a few (3 or 6?) valid posts?

H.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:48 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

It's 3 meaningful posts, so he/she needs 2 more I'm afraid.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bakedbean
It's 3 meaningful posts, so he/she needs 2 more I'm afraid.
... bit silly I can send them then!

AndyD
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:02 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh well, I didn't design the website
Old Jun 5th 2014, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

At the end of April, almost exactly six years after we purchased our Goa property, the deeds were finally registered by the Registrar at Mapusa.
This followed a lot of hard work by many people including our lawyer Augustus Monteiro and a series of appeals to the District and State registrars, the fast-track court in Mapusa (we won our case but it was appealed), and finally the High Court of Bombay at Goa.
The High Court supported earlier verdicts in other High Courts (some going back to the 1950's) that the Registrars can not refuse or hold up Registration of a document except for reasons set out in the Registration Act 1908 (or other Statutes specifically overriding that Act).
I had held back from making this public in the hope that the Registrars would themselves announce their procedure for future cases, unfortunately this has not happened. I have heard unofficially that they may accept all Deeds for Purchase by foreigners* but refer Sales by foreigners to the State Property Committee. This appears to partly fly in the face of the High Court Judgements!
[* It is of course open to the Registrars to mention these purchases to the Enforcement Directorate who may decide to investigate them, however, as anyone who attended the last BHCI townhall meeting will know, there have been a number of recent cases before the ED which were found in favour of the foreign property owners].

If you have purchased property in Goa as a foreigner then you can get more information from the Property Owners Working Party - contact Richard at [email protected]

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jun 5th 2014, 9:50 am
I love apathy!

Talking Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
At the end of April, almost exactly six years after we purchased our Goa property, the deeds were finally registered by the Registrar at Mapusa.
This followed a lot of hard work by many people including our lawyer Augustus Monteiro and a series of appeals to the District and State registrars, the fast-track court in Mapusa (we won our case but it was appealed), and finally the High Court of Bombay at Goa.
The High Court supported earlier verdicts in other High Courts (some going back to the 1950's) that the Registrars can not refuse or hold up Registration of a document except for reasons set out in the Registration Act 1908 (or other Statutes specifically overriding that Act).
I had held back from making this public in the hope that the Registrars would themselves announce their procedure for future cases, unfortunately this has not happened. I have heard unofficially that they may accept all Deeds for Purchase by foreigners* but refer Sales by foreigners to the State Property Committee. This appears to partly fly in the face of the High Court Judgements!
[* It is of course open to the Registrars to mention these purchases to the Enforcement Directorate who may decide to investigate them, however, as anyone who attended the last BHCI townhall meeting will know, there have been a number of recent cases before the ED which were found in favour of the foreign property owners].

If you have purchased property in Goa as a foreigner then you can get more information from the Property Owners Working Party - contact Richard at [email protected]

AndyD 8-)#
Congratulations & well done for your admirable tenacity.

Rgds.

H.

P.S. - I always believed Augustus Monteiro to be a good guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.