CPA USA or CPA Australia

Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:12 am
Just Joined

migrationexperts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CPA USA or CPA Australia

Hi Everyone,

I am Chartered accountant from India and australian Resident. I want to get job in Accounting. I having accounting experience in India for more than 6 years.

Now I want to do CPA Australia or CPA USA.

Plz let me know which will be more suitable for any job worldwide.

I have heard that CPA USA can get good job in USA, UK, Australia, Canda,
But CPA Australia is limited to Australia only

In the long ruN i have idea to move to USA or Canda

plz advise what I should CPA USA or CPA Australia or any other thing being not in my knowledge.

Thanks and best regards,
jas sandhu
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CPA USA or CPA Australia

Originally Posted by migrationexperts
Hi Everyone,

I am Chartered accountant from India and australian Resident. I want to get job in Accounting. I having accounting experience in India for more than 6 years.

Now I want to do CPA Australia or CPA USA.

Plz let me know which will be more suitable for any job worldwide.

I have heard that CPA USA can get good job in USA, UK, Australia, Canda,
But CPA Australia is limited to Australia only

In the long ruN i have idea to move to USA or Canda

plz advise what I should CPA USA or CPA Australia or any other thing being not in my knowledge.

Thanks and best regards,
jas sandhu

U.S. CPA is comparable to the Australian Chartered Accountant qualification and is a better choice than Australian CPA.

However, in order to sit for the U.S. Uniform CPA Exam you need to be accepted as a candidate by a U.S. state board of accountancy, and subsequently meet their requirements for a CPA certificate or licence. Also, the Uniform CPA Exam must be sat for in the U.S. - if you are an Indian citizen you will need a U.S. visa to do so. You may want to visit http://www.cpanet.com

Have you considered the Australian Chartered Accountant qualification? It is almost always a better choice than Australian CPA.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

HI,
Since I am indian chartered accountant, in the acse of CPA Australia or CPA USA , I am accepted candiate.
to do CPA USA I need to clear 4 exam only
and In case of CPA Australia I need to pass 6 Exam only

to do CPA USA or CPA Austrlia I need not to be in Accounting job.

But For being CA Australia from ICAA i need to be in Accounting job or Training with CA.

I teried my best to get job in accountig or with CA firm.

I am having distinction in Australian taxation, but i could not get any job in accounting or with CA

So I ave made plan to do CPA Australia or USA.

now I have to decide which one is suitable for me

Thanks and Best regards,
jas sandhu

Originally Posted by JAJ
U.S. CPA is comparable to the Australian Chartered Accountant qualification and is a better choice than Australian CPA.

However, in order to sit for the U.S. Uniform CPA Exam you need to be accepted as a candidate by a U.S. state board of accountancy, and subsequently meet their requirements for a CPA certificate or licence. Also, the Uniform CPA Exam must be sat for in the U.S. - if you are an Indian citizen you will need a U.S. visa to do so. You may want to visit http://www.cpanet.com

Have you considered the Australian Chartered Accountant qualification? It is almost always a better choice than Australian CPA.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by migrationexperts
HI,
Since I am indian chartered accountant, in the acse of CPA Australia or CPA USA , I am accepted candiate.
Just because you are an "accepted candidate" to sit for the US CPA exam does not mean you will automatically get a CPA certificate/license from the state board after you pass.

And you don't say if you have a U.S. tourist visa - if not, forget about doing the CPA exam (assuming you are still an Indian citizen)

to do CPA USA I need to clear 4 exam only
and In case of CPA Australia I need to pass 6 Exam only

to do CPA USA or CPA Austrlia I need not to be in Accounting job.

But For being CA Australia from ICAA i need to be in Accounting job or Training with CA.

I teried my best to get job in accountig or with CA firm.

I am having distinction in Australian taxation, but i could not get any job in accounting or with CA

So I ave made plan to do CPA Australia or USA.
Probably US CPA, provided that:

- you have a US visa; and
- you can afford to travel to the US to sit the exam (and maybe more than once); and
- you are confident of meeting the requirements to get a certificate/license from a US state board after the exam.

Bear in mind that mutual recognition of your US CPA to get Australian CA requires that you have a practising licence in a US state (plus other requirements). A CPA certificate without a license from a two tier state won't do. They may also insist that you have US work experience.

So you might have to do the regular Australian CA or CPA exam even if you become a US CPA.

If US CPA and Australian CA are not options for the time being, then Australian CPA is the obvious choice. However, you should be prepared to do further exams later on, especially if you have long term plans to live/work overseas.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Best Regards,
Jas Sandhu

Originally Posted by JAJ
Just because you are an "accepted candidate" to sit for the US CPA exam does not mean you will automatically get a CPA certificate/license from the state board after you pass.

And you don't say if you have a U.S. tourist visa - if not, forget about doing the CPA exam (assuming you are still an Indian citizen)

Probably US CPA, provided that:

- you have a US visa; and
- you can afford to travel to the US to sit the exam (and maybe more than once); and
- you are confident of meeting the requirements to get a certificate/license from a US state board after the exam.

Bear in mind that mutual recognition of your US CPA to get Australian CA requires that you have a practising licence in a US state (plus other requirements). A CPA certificate without a license from a two tier state won't do. They may also insist that you have US work experience.

So you might have to do the regular Australian CA or CPA exam even if you become a US CPA.

If US CPA and Australian CA are not options for the time being, then Australian CPA is the obvious choice. However, you should be prepared to do further exams later on, especially if you have long term plans to live/work overseas.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want to move to USa or canada, why are you even considering the Australian CPA??

surely you need to do the US one as that is where you want to be in the future