Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why you cannot come to the USA !

Why you cannot come to the USA !

Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:58 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Why you cannot come to the USA !

So many questions on "how can I come to the USA" I thought I might try and start a thread where we can all post, and specifically stating the reasons why you cannot come to the USA easily, if at all. i.e. how immigration laws have tightened up as well as employment laws. There are only a few ways to get here but since no-one seems to listen, lets list all the things that will NOT get you here. Not sure where this will go, but lets try. Ways you won't get here legally are;

** Just wanting to come

** Having a friend willing to sponsor you

** Having anything less than $500k and even then if you don't want to spend that money and employ at least about 10 American people

** Having a girlfriend you have never actually met

** Having a skill set loads of other people have

** Good O'levels or GCSE's

Next...
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why you cannot come to the USA !

Don't forget lack of a Master's or Ph.D
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Aunts, uncles, cousins cannot sponsor you for a visa.

A job offer at your 2nd cousins' pizza parlor will not get you a visa.

There is no visa for wanting to live with your girl/boyfriend for awhile to 'test the waters'. You either marry or you look for another route.

Owning property in the US will not get you a visa.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Having had a few family vacations in Florida, does not entitle you to buy a vacation home there and move over permanently
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:37 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Believing that Britain has gone to the dogs won't help you.

Remarking on the number of Mexicans in the US won't, either.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

The 'special' relationship between the US and UK (or other country of origin) does not entitle you to a visa.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:42 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Having just graduated from Uni with a Batchelors and no work experience won't get you a job here. However, you may be come over and study for a Masters but it depends on how many internal organs you're willing to sell.

Oh yeah and the visa lottery, if you're from the UK (excluding NI) you can't even get a ticket to play.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Having just graduated from Uni with a Batchelors and no work experience won't get you a job here. However, you may be come over and study for a Masters but it depends on how many internal organs you're willing to sell.

Oh yeah and the visa lottery, if you're from the UK (excluding NI) you can't even get a ticket to play.
Careful not to sell your external organs because that would be a crime involving moral turpitude and they would send you back.

Last edited by Zonie; Nov 11th 2009 at 8:56 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:05 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

you're not going to be automatically employed as a soccer coach just because you have a British accent
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:06 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

But what if I have just been on holiday to the US and fell in love with the place, and I am super complimentary about the American people - surely then they will invite me over to live!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
But what if I have just been on holiday to the US and fell in love with the place, and I am super complimentary about the American people - surely then they will invite me over to live!
Not a chance in Hell (florida even)
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
Yeah sure! With open arms they'll meet you at the airport and give you a ride to your new 3,000 sqft home in a stretch limo.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:20 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Yeah sure! With open arms they'll meet you at the airport and give you a ride to your new 3,000 sqft home in a stretch limo.
And they should be grateful I chose to come and live in their country!!!
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:21 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

But seriously if anyone does want to come to the US, just send me a cheque for $5,000 and I'll get you a visa.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:29 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Being a super hard worker, not afraid to get your hands dirty and willing to start at the bottom to work your way up. Will not help in the slightest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.