Brits in Dallas

Old Apr 11th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Wanderingone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in Dallas

Hi, I moved to Dallas a couple of months ago and, so far, the best place I've found to hang out is Trinity Hall pub.

I know there must be more Brits around here - possibly with advice on better places to enjoy a Saturday evening.

All advice is welcome.

J
Old Apr 11th 2010, 6:21 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in Dallas

Originally Posted by Wanderingone
Hi, I moved to Dallas a couple of months ago and, so far, the best place I've found to hang out is Trinity Hall pub.

I know there must be more Brits around here - possibly with advice on better places to enjoy a Saturday evening.

All advice is welcome.

J
Been here nearly 7 years, and I'd never heard of Trinity Hall pub. We'll have to give it a try now!

Is it affectionately known as "Tit Hall", like the Cambridge college?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Been here nearly 7 years, and I'd never heard of Trinity Hall pub. We'll have to give it a try now!

Is it affectionately known as "Tit Hall", like the Cambridge college?
Never heard it called that. It's in Dallas proper - at Mockingbird Station (Mockingbird and 75). Owned by an Oirish guy and has mock-Irish music at the weekend.

Despite all that, I like it as they show footie every weekend and keep a good pint.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:26 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard it called that. It's in Dallas proper - at Mockingbird Station (Mockingbird and 75). Owned by an Oirish guy and has mock-Irish music at the weekend.

Despite all that, I like it as they show footie every weekend and keep a good pint.
Oh, it'll take a good pint to lure me all the way down to Dallas proper!

What beers do they have on tap?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Oh I can't rhyme them all off. I know it's a ways to Dallas from where you are. I guess no Brits live in actual Dallas.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:38 am
Arrogant ****

Oh I can't rhyme them all off. I know it's a ways to Dallas from where you are. I guess no Brits live in actual Dallas.
There are plenty of Brits in Dallas. I know many who live downtown and all around that area.

I also drive into downtown Dallas at least 4 or 5 times per week, for cultural events or dining out. My comment about luring my down to Dallas wasn't intended to be taken too seriously.

It's a pity you can't be arsed to remember even a single beer they serve though. I guess I'll have to stop in and take a look for myself.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:43 am
Just Joined

I drink guinness mate. Interferes with the rememberin'.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:49 am
Arrogant ****

I drink guinness mate. Interferes with the rememberin'.
Oh well. I thought we were talking about real beer, not corporate happy juice.

Have you tried any of the Texas brews like Shiner? Surprisingly good.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 12:57 am
Just Joined

I'm a big fan of shiner but beer's a drink to me, not a political belief.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:16 am
Arrogant ****

I'm a big fan of shiner but beer's a drink to me, not a political belief.
Dude, I'm not serious about this stuff! Chill!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 7:49 am
Just Joined

m151tx will become famous soon enough

You need to check out the various locations of the FLYING SAUCERS, they have a great selection including some of the better Belgian beers.

Remember though that a lot of the imported beer is pretty weak compared to the stuff in Europe to comply with US import regs.

Mark
Old Apr 28th 2010, 12:50 am
Just Joined

ceresa is an unknown quantity at this point

I havn't heard of the Trinity Hall pub but there is "The Londoner" in McKinney (not quite Dallas but near enough), its owned by British, serves Strongbow and British food, has a downstairs and upstairs they show football and have pool. Closest atmosphere I've found to a British pub out of all the ones I've tried.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:38 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

Has anyone been in a pub/liquor store in the Dallas area that sells Magners? I miss it!

So far the only thing that I comes close is Woodchuck, but it's still not as good as the mighty Magners lol.

.....does north Dallas count as Dallas proper?
Old Jun 30th 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

PaulLight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi y'all,

You might want to try a fairly new place in North Plano/Frisco (Preston Road South of 121). It's called The Holy Grail, great food/atmosphere PLUS Old Speckled Hen on tap. Lots of Belgian beer too.

Paul Light
Realtor
Ebby Halliday Realtors
Plano Parkway Office
Plano
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:38 am
Just Joined

philcamm is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to Dallas!

I moved from Oldham to Dallas 7 years ago, so am very familiar with the area. I run a new rugby club in Frisco and there's plenty of places to go drinking all around here. The new Londoner in Frisco is especially worth visiting.

I'd also recommend the Old Monk in the Greenville area. More a European bar than English but has a great Scotch selection.