medical exam

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

sadman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medical exam

I did contact the embassy in Canada and did mention that i need to do H (C&B) and HIV test. They are not efficient as UK embassy putting out a check list of it is required. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:58 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

I dealt with the Kuwait Embassy in London last year when I was due to go there and found them to be just helpful beyond belief given the hassle I have from all of the other agencies and this went completely against everything that I'd been told about Nationals.

By the way you will need attested driving licence and educational certificates too for the next stage which is residency which is not part of the work permit scheme. The Canadian embassy in Kuwait will / may be able to do that but at a cost. You will need an International driving license which you can use before your residency becomes effective (6 weeks after arrival?)

Residency requires all of the medicals to be repeated.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Old Lob. Do you know how long took your company to issue you a work permit and sent it to you?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:11 pm
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it took four weeks. It should have taken 10 days but I had been to Kuwait twice once on a visit visa and on on some other visa ? and so this screwed the system. It would have taken five weeks but the Embassy were really helpful.

I now live in Oman so am distant from the reality of current Kuwait - my application was start 07.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Yes, it took four weeks. It should have taken 10 days but I had been to Kuwait twice once on a visit visa and on on some other visa ? and so this screwed the system. It would have taken five weeks but the Embassy were really helpful.

I now live in Oman so am distant from the reality of current Kuwait - my application was start 07.
Thanks, my company is in process of issuing the NOC and work permit and i never been in Kuwait before so I may have to estimate three weeks for the permit to get issued. Does the embassy accept a copy of the permit and NOC or do they require the original one (that means add another one to two weeks for work permit to arrive from Kuwait)?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:00 am
Banned

I don't know but think that you need the permit issued before you arrive. The permit is a temporary stamp in your passport and it says that you have sponsorship and don't have aids. This is what the embassy accelerated. There are no holidays in the middle east at present so you can ask them to expedite. Your employer will have a government services department to do that.

So - let the embassy deal with the Govt department - what your employer is doing is applying for sponsorship approval. I recall taking my medical and educational certs to the embassy though as part of the process.

When you get there you get residency in about a month - for that you need the same medicals more money which the company paus (law) and in the in between time you can only drive on international license and after that you cannot drive on an international licence.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:29 am
Just Joined

I don't know but think that you need the permit issued before you arrive. The permit is a temporary stamp in your passport and it says that you have sponsorship and don't have aids. This is what the embassy accelerated. There are no holidays in the middle east at present so you can ask them to expedite. Your employer will have a government services department to do that.

So - let the embassy deal with the Govt department - what your employer is doing is applying for sponsorship approval. I recall taking my medical and educational certs to the embassy though as part of the process.

When you get there you get residency in about a month - for that you need the same medicals more money which the company paus (law) and in the in between time you can only drive on international license and after that you cannot drive on an international licence.

did you receive the original paper work (work permit) and presented to the embassy or you get a copy?
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:24 pm
Banned

I received nothing. The stuff was sent to the embassy.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:10 am
Just Joined

By the way you will need attested driving licence and educational certificates too for the next stage which is residency which is not part of the work permit scheme. The Canadian embassy in Kuwait will / may be able to do that but at a cost. You will need an International driving license which you can use before your residency becomes effective (6 weeks after arrival?)

do I need to attest my educational certificates (degree) andmy family birth /marriage certificates from our foreign affairs in Canada or our Embassy in Kuwait is enough for authentications that will be accepted by Kuwaiti authorities
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:11 pm
Banned

I think that it is better to have this stuff done at home if only because it is cheaper. The residency process depends on it so you get an advantage there too as you are quicker.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: medical exam

I think that it is better to have this stuff done at home if only because it is cheaper. The residency process depends on it so you get an advantage there too as you are quicker.
one more questions, do our foreign affairs in Canada has to stamp all my original educational certificates (degree) and my family birth /marriage certificates or they stamp the copy? do the Kuwaiti authorities requires original document stamped as well please clarify?