confused now....

Old Apr 18th 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Red face confused now....

Well the 'man' at immi has approved Simons work experience and wants to do the phone interview!

we are well pleased!! I have been in tears for a while now.... he just has to do the telephone interview with simon, (OH) and then see what happens then..... he has said that one of 3 things will be the outcome.

Get PR, (not gonna happen as Simon is a sparkie)
Get declined as he wont think we can settle, (god I hope not)
Get Job search visa. this is what we obviously want!

Can someone explain what happens as to me and kids having to get our own visas? I have looked but am so tired for looking, I just cant find what I need to know.....but the 'man' said that me and the kids would need to apply for temporary visas in order to accompany him.

He also said, that we have 3 months to enter NZ, then 9 months to gain skilled employment and get registered.

He has the interview next week! so any advice would be great!

Cheers

Anna
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:58 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused now....

No advice as I'm pretty clueless with these things but wanted to wish you the best of luck!!!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Kija for your post! and support
I am surprised that no one else can help

Anna
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:03 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

You will get a work visa and the children student visas for the same duration as they give Simon a permit for. Assuming you meet the partner/character/medical requirements etc....
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:09 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry we never had an interview, husband had job offer so got works visa which we just stuck to the EOI.
I know on his work visa I could get a visa to work and the kids could get student visa's, but that might just of been because he had a job offer ?
I did note in another thread, sorry can't remember which one it was, that the kids might not need a visa if parents had working visa's

sorry not much help I know
Old Apr 19th 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
You will get a work visa and the children student visas for the same duration as they give Simon a permit for. Assuming you meet the partner/character/medical requirements etc....
Thanks for that! we have already done and passed the medicals, police checks and stuff.
But do we have to do it all again when he gets a job and we apply for PR? and if so, that is gonna cost shed loads more money...

Cheers Anna
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I did note in another thread, sorry can't remember which one it was, that the kids might not need a visa if parents had working visa's
Kids always get Student Visas.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:46 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Thanks for that! we have already done and passed the medicals, police checks and stuff.
But do we have to do it all again when he gets a job and we apply for PR? and if so, that is gonna cost shed loads more money...

Cheers Anna
You will need to redo whatever is out of date when you apply for PR so 3mths for medical, 6mths for Police certs....

Kids will def need student visas, there has been a bit of a scandal at one of the universities here lately so all schools etc seem to have tightened up on their student visa monitoring....

Anyhow, if not on a student visa, they are a visitor and would have to leave after 6mths....
Old Apr 21st 2012, 5:31 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't have an interview as I had a job offer, but we got the temp 9 month work visa (I'm a pharmacist and can't get registration without being in NZ, so PR immediately wasn't ever going to happen straight away).

As it's a WTR visa on the back of the SMC category, when I had been in work for 3 months it was an easy switch to PR.
I had to provide all the payslips from work to prove I had been in employment for the whole time, plus a letter from my employer stating that too.

Then once our case officer had seen the originals, we took our passports into the Wellington Branch (as that's where we live) left them there for about a week and then collected them with our PR visas nicely stuck in!
No extra charges or fees to pay, as we were just proving that we could settle well in NZ (i.e. work for 3 months in skilled employment) to fulfill requirements for PR.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: confused now....

Originally Posted by shelloid
We didn't have an interview as I had a job offer, but we got the temp 9 month work visa (I'm a pharmacist and can't get registration without being in NZ, so PR immediately wasn't ever going to happen straight away).

As it's a WTR visa on the back of the SMC category, when I had been in work for 3 months it was an easy switch to PR.
I had to provide all the payslips from work to prove I had been in employment for the whole time, plus a letter from my employer stating that too.

Then once our case officer had seen the originals, we took our passports into the Wellington Branch (as that's where we live) left them there for about a week and then collected them with our PR visas nicely stuck in!
No extra charges or fees to pay, as we were just proving that we could settle well in NZ (i.e. work for 3 months in skilled employment) to fulfill requirements for PR.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, yes that helps a lot. I suppose we will get the same. as Simon needs to register with the EWRB, and do all that stuff.

Simons new boss is sending all the paperwork over for us to send to the immi man!

Cheers

Anna
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

citybanklondon is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what we were offered 2 years ago but we declined as it was a risky thing. The NZIS give you a general work visa which means you need to leave within 3 mths of getting the visa and then have a further 9 mths to find a job. If you get a job fine and then apply for PR if not then you can apply for an extension perhaps or have to leave the country. The pitfall we saw with this GWVisa was that if you did get a job the NZIS can tuen around that the job is not in the skilled category, does not pay X and so is not deemed reasonable employment and so you may be in a situation where NZIS wants to chuck you out. To overcome this eventuality we refused the general work visa, took our case to appeal, and won the case and got permanent residency before even touching down in NZ. This gives us the peace of mind that now NZIS cant backbite us!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Simon is an electrician....
Been offered job with a company who need to employ a few blokes as they are expanding......
Immi man says all will be good if the job meets the requirements. which it does....

Anna
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Anna - didnt want to frighten you just be cautious that you know what those job requirements are as you dont want to be left in a position where a year later Immi say that you do not qualify for PR. After all to live in NZ long term PR is what you need to be aiming at. Clearly ask IMMI what the requirements will be to get PR after your OH has been working in that job for a while and get it in writing!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 4:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please read Crumpy10's other thread. There is a job offer now so there will no longer be a need for NZIS to suggest a job search visa. Further, Electrician is on the Long Term Shortage list & on the Skilled Occupations lists. Crumpy's OH qualifications match those required for the work & the EWRB will issue a temp working license once the H&S course etc is completed.

Most likely there will be a WTR visa with a conversion to Residency once NZIS are satisfied with the EWRB registration requirements . This is perfectly usual for those occupations where NZ registration is required.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Good - no worries then is there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.