Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Victoria! who's heading there?

Victoria! who's heading there?

Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:15 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Victoria! who's heading there?

Just wanna find out how many are heading to Melbourne or suburbs, please post if you are and where abouts too
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria! who's heading there?

Originally posted by paulf
Just wanna find out how many are heading to Melbourne or suburbs, please post if you are and where abouts too

Hi, we're hoping to go to Melbourne. Me, hubby and 3 little boys. Have never been, but would like to be along the bayside, maybe Aspendale or Cheltenham.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Victoria! who's heading there?

me the wife and 2 boys aged 6 & 4. looking at bayside, south east subs and mornington pen. hopefully going jun/jul 04
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:36 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

thanks you 2, any more or just us 3?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks you 2, any more or just us 3?

There are plenty more going. I think caroline G has gone this month. Also Moonstar and younglad is also going. I'll let you know if I can remember any more. Where are you going?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:55 pm
?????????

Dunno Noodle, looking at where schools are good and nice areas.
I see you,re looking at cheltenham I have heard of that burb and will try doing some research into areas tonight.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dunno Noodle, looking at where schools are good and nice areas.
I see you,re looking at cheltenham I have heard of that burb and will try doing some research into areas tonight.

I've got a little pad that I have been making my notes in and I can't seem to find it right now, anyway, I was told of some of the best areas for schools, so I shall pm you with them when I find it. It's hard to find any info on the net, other than from other people. How old are your kids? Talk to you soon
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point

fingers crossed
hopefully me the wife and two kids
boy 4 1/2
girl 2 1/2
will be heading out by the end of the year
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by railman2404
fingers crossed
hopefully me the wife and two kids
boy 4 1/2
girl 2 1/2
will be heading out by the end of the year

I've got a 2 1/2 year old boy, aswell as a 1 1/2 and 7 year old.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point

my wife and i are hoping to go sometime this year. We are basically staying with friends in Carnegie when we get there so we can look around before deciding where to live. Brunswick St. would be nice!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:22 pm
?????????

Got 2 boys, 6 and 8.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:26 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Headed to Mel-bun

Yes, we (Mr A & me & 2 cats) are headed to Melbourne area. No idea exactly where we want to live, so will do a month-long fact-find trip in maybe May.

Then hope to move over there for good, around July/Aug/Sep. Will probably rent for 6-12 months so we can get to know exactly where we want to live.

Seems like there are a quite few of us going - enough for a fun party when we all get there?!

As a matter of interest - how many of you other folks have actually been there?

Anya.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

elbow is an unknown quantity at this point

i went three years ago and stayed with mates in Fitzroy and Northcote. Love the place.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paulf

we are heading for melbourne subs..

booboo 40 yrs
Mr booboo 39 yrs
Little miss Booboo 9 yrs
one cat and one dog

Looking at Berwick and surrounding areas.

I was born in Footscray , Melbourne.

cheers
booboo
Old Jan 26th 2004, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
My boyfriend (or should I call him "de facto"...) and I are planning on moving to Melbourne in 2005, also with 2 cats. His first trip out to Oz will be in Sept when we go for a bit of a whistlestop fact-find. I have been to Oz a few times, and in fact was born in Melbourne - though we left when I was 4 so don't start asking me where all the best bars are

We have some extended family and old family friends there, which will help settling in - surrogate parents! We're planning to rent close to the CBD to start with - Carlton, Fitzroy etc etc. Perhaps St Kilda for a bit of beach.

K_M

Last edited by koala_mac; Jan 26th 2004 at 10:03 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.