practical exam theory

Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Ariff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: practical exam theory

Hi mates !

i applied to TRA & after one month received a letter saying I have to go for a trade test for electrical mechanic. Is trade test means practical test only ?
Is there any cenrte in Perth to sit for this test ? Have anyone recently gone for this test ? Pls help me ...
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had the email from Vetassess that my initial assessment has been successful! happy days. Looking to book the practical in May at the Blackburn centre. I know there is some good info in this topic but can someone who has sat the practical recently let me know if the format has changed at all or is the info on here all still relevant? Thanks.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

is there any one please...respond.....
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ariff
is there any one please...respond.....
The trade test with Vetassess and similar involves a mix of theory and practical tests and there are a few threads around discussing what's involved. I'm sure there is somewhere in Perth to do a trade test but I would have expected you to be told what options were available.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The trade test with Vetassess and similar involves a mix of theory and practical tests and there are a few threads around discussing what's involved. I'm sure there is somewhere in Perth to do a trade test but I would have expected you to be told what options were available.
old.sparkles > U were always helpful mate...so sweet of u...
Old Apr 10th 2014, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

hasselhoff86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am booked in for vetassess electrical practical exam at the naval base in Perth next wed. I have no Idea what I am in for and was hoping somebody on here could give me a idea of revision etc.. All help would be much appreciated so I can offload this bag of nerves
Old Apr 10th 2014, 12:31 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hasselhoff86
Hi I am booked in for vetassess electrical practical exam at the naval base in Perth next wed. I have no Idea what I am in for and was hoping somebody on here could give me a idea of revision etc.. All help would be much appreciated so I can offload this bag of nerves
I think if you read back in this thread it's all there

There's also the search function - found this one using a search of practical in the electricians forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=809034

Off the top of my head - some AC and DC theory, motor DOL, safe disconnect / reconnect of motor, identify and test transformer, wire and test small domestic set up
Old Apr 28th 2014, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

Anone sat the practical assessment recently?

Originally Posted by shaw86
Just had the email from Vetassess that my initial assessment has been successful! happy days. Looking to book the practical in May at the Blackburn centre. I know there is some good info in this topic but can someone who has sat the practical recently let me know if the format has changed at all or is the info on here all still relevant? Thanks.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

hasselhoff86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I have done it in Perth 2 weeks ago, send me your email and il send you on schematic and practice questions etc..
Old Apr 29th 2014, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hasselhoff86
Yeah I have done it in Perth 2 weeks ago, send me your email and il send you on schematic and practice questions etc..
Thanks a lot hasselhoff86, I will PM you now. Much appreciated.
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:22 am
Just Joined

ThomasR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey steve o do ya no if I can get a artc cert with 8 years electrical experience but did not finish out my apprenticeship any help would be great full cheers
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by ThomasR
Hey steve o do ya no if I can get a artc cert with 8 years electrical experience but did not finish out my apprenticeship any help would be great full cheers
Given that you have been turned down twice it doesn't look good. How detailed are your references for the 8 years experience you have?
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:42 am
Just Joined

I no man it's not looking good I got turned down the first time because there wasent enough detail in them then I got a agency to do them the second time and they replied back 1 of them was fake which it wasent do u reckon it would be worth trying again
Old May 3rd 2014, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by ThomasR
I no man it's not looking good I got turned down the first time because there wasent enough detail in them then I got a agency to do them the second time and they replied back 1 of them was fake which it wasent do u reckon it would be worth trying again
I don't understand - you had the agency do the reference?

Not looking good - I would try a TAFE for an RPL assessment. Do you have a transcript of the theory side of things - units covered etc? May help. You can get replacements from UK colleges - not sure on Ireland. References need to match ARTC guidelines.
If you were still in Adelaide you could try Skilled Migrant Services for help, or PEER for RPL.
In WA, there is a company that help with ARTC applications (skill shortage solutions) - but they wouldn't help with mine as I don't have AM2. Might be worth trying them. Or as suggested - EWRB in NZ and then mutual recognition
Old May 3rd 2014, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks for ur help man to be honest I'm not to got at the theory ya I did the course with peer and I went trough skills shortage sullitions for the references people say they make you apply 2 or 3 time for the artc cert but I don't want to send it in again and waste another 930 if they are going to turn it down again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.