Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Moving to Cyprus - where to live

Moving to Cyprus - where to live

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

NanaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Cyprus - where to live

Personally I love living in South Cyprus, I've been here for almost 5 years now - all the time in Paphos. It is a "small" community, pretty soon everyone knows everyone - there are good and bad sides to that. Beaches are the prettiest in Protaras, but it's too quiet in the winter.
Although I've been to north, I wouldn't want to live there - too many issues regarding the land ownership. Buying in the south side can be tricky, but if you do your homework, you'll be fine.
As for the mentality of the Cypriots, well all I'll say to that subject is they didn't invite us here, we decided to come. In our own respective cities, towns and villages this surely has happened over the years - hostility towards a newcomer, specially a foreigner. Perhaps keeping this in mind we will show more respect towards the locals?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NanaK
...show more respect towards the locals...
NanaK,

I'm afraid I can only respect those who respect me

Last edited by Honest_H; Sep 3rd 2008 at 12:11 pm. Reason: spelling error
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

NanaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving to Cyprus - where to live

Fair dues. but I find that smile often is contagious, and I won't stop being polite and kind to people, even if someone else was unkind to me
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NanaK
Fair dues. but I find that smile often is contagious, and I won't stop being polite and kind to people, even if someone else was unkind to me
Completely agree NanaK, I have done nothing but be nice to the locals, I have to, I have a lot of problems with my house and they can't be resolved without them.

However, as soon as the issues are sorted - I'm off!!!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

and thats a house in the south.........
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lobby lou
and thats a house in the south.........
.......yes in the south. Our builder didn't get the proper documents he needed before he started to build. Can't understand why no one stopped him, but he built anyway.

Now have an illegally built house that no estate agent will touch.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

thats awful xxxwell i have one in the north nd took 18 months to get title deeds xxtj