Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:51 am
Just Joined

lepatissier07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Thanks PMM...

i found a couple minutes ago,..(after over 2hours searching...) a link from CIC..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...011/ob348a.asp....

thanks again....

regards,

lepatissier07
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:08 am
Just Joined

Gaurav_OT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lepatissier07
hi guys,

got my PPR today from Ottawa, to be sent to Detroit. They want a passport photocopy. All pages? Or just the identification part, with the pic etc... ?

App. Filed: 27th October 2011
AOR+Meds: 3rd May 2012
PPR : 4th October 2012

thx,
lepatissier07
congrats bro...
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

snomys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lepatissier07
hi guys,

got my PPR today from Ottawa, to be sent to Detroit. They want a passport photocopy. All pages? Or just the identification part, with the pic etc... ?

App. Filed: 27th October 2011
AOR+Meds: 3rd May 2012
PPR : 4th October 2012

thx,
lepatissier07
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Each and every page.
I just sent a photocopy of my identification page and my COPR came through nice and quick!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:05 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by snomys
I just sent a photocopy of my identification page and my COPR came through nice and quick!

Let me guess London?

Again they really seem to want to go their own way. Here is what the instructions to the visa offices state:

Instructions

An officer may use discretion in determining whether it is necessary to see the original passport or whether a photocopy of all passport pages is sufficient. A photocopy of only the bio-data page is not acceptable, as notations may have been made on other pages regarding the individual’s name, marital status or other pertinent information. This change in procedure does not remove the requirement that staff record the passport information of the approved applicant in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) or the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS). Line 33 on the COPR will continue to reflect the date by which an approved permanent resident applicant must enter Canada.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

snomys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Let me guess London?

Again they really seem to want to go their own way. Here is what the instructions to the visa offices state:

Instructions

An officer may use discretion in determining whether it is necessary to see the original passport or whether a photocopy of all passport pages is sufficient. A photocopy of only the bio-data page is not acceptable, as notations may have been made on other pages regarding the individual’s name, marital status or other pertinent information. This change in procedure does not remove the requirement that staff record the passport information of the approved applicant in the Global Case Management System (GCMS) or the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS). Line 33 on the COPR will continue to reflect the date by which an approved permanent resident applicant must enter Canada.
No, Detroit, didn't even occur to me at the time to send off anything more, but they seemed to accept it. obviously based on the above I don't recommend anyone else does this.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 12:34 am
Just Joined

lepatissier07 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi PMM and snomys,

i read this link about every single page. I did send all pages and a copy of my workpermit, which was in there, too.

One thing if seen, just btw...i checked my GCMS notes, and there wasn't even my employer and/or work permit mentioned... i thought this is a print out of my file....
Old Oct 6th 2012, 7:31 pm
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie
We were transferred on July 7th. PPR on September 12th.

Got my GCMS notes the same day we got passports back. My 'due by date' was meant to be 15th October.

Involved MP and senior management at CPP-Ottawa. Perhaps thats why I was seen to earlier.

Best of luck.
Hey Wolstie,glad to hear your all done,we just found out our file was sent to ottawa on 7th july too,and they are doing final criminal checks and are hoping to get decision made soon,so they have picked are file up,also got no reply from them two people i sent e,mails too,but have sent an e,mail to Mr Kenney just waiting for a reply,so going of your original due date we are very optimistic we should be around that time frameAnyway will let u know how we get on
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
Hey Wolstie,glad to hear your all done,we just found out our file was sent to ottawa on 7th july too,and they are doing final criminal checks and are hoping to get decision made soon,so they have picked are file up,also got no reply from them two people i sent e,mails too,but have sent an e,mail to Mr Kenney just waiting for a reply,so going of your original due date we are very optimistic we should be around that time frameAnyway will let u know how we get on

How did you find out that your decision will be made soon? What is your timeline? Did you get GCMS anytime soon?

The wait is really tough and I just hope we hear some news soon!
Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharaik
I am a March 2011 applicant and it has been 20 months now. There is nothing more I can do that wait. My file got transferred to Ottawa in July. Anyone who got PPR who got their files transferred in July?

Has anyone contacted their MP and any definite answer was provided? I have heard that they are intending to finalise all transfer cases from Buffalo by January 2013! Has anyone else heard that?

I just hope its true... and this wait is over!
Hi Sharaik, Just wondering if you've gotten through this process. My application was in Buffalo in late June of 2011, and also transferred July 7th to Ottawa. Really hoping the rumor you heard about Jan 2013 is true! Waiting without any end in site is soooo stressful. I've contacted everyone possible--including Minister Kenny's office--but a lot generic responses.

Anyway, really hope you're past all this, and I'd love to hear back if you get a chance.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my timeline for BC PNP:

BC PNP Class: Skilled Workers
BC PNP application submitted on: 08/19/2011
BC PNP file number received on: 08/30/2011
BC PNP approved on: 11/16/2011
PR application submitted on: 04/24/2012
PR file number received on: 05/16/2012
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 06/07/2012 (152 days ago)
Medical exam completed on: 06/21/2012

ECAS still only showing as "In Progress" and medicals received.

Should I contact them as it's been over 120 days since my AOR email?

My AOR stated:

Processing time

Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied have a processing standard of 10 months. If you have not received any instructions from this office by 120 days from the date of this letter, you are requested to contact this office directly.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
Here's my timeline for BC PNP:

BC PNP Class: Skilled Workers
BC PNP application submitted on: 08/19/2011
BC PNP file number received on: 08/30/2011
BC PNP approved on: 11/16/2011
PR application submitted on: 04/24/2012
PR file number received on: 05/16/2012
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 06/07/2012 (152 days ago)
Medical exam completed on: 06/21/2012

ECAS still only showing as "In Progress" and medicals received.

Should I contact them as it's been over 120 days since my AOR email?

My AOR stated:
My thinking is that the medical request (Which I guess was included with the AOR email?) counts as "instructions" in CIC's eyes. Does eCas have a date for "we started processing your application"?

Here's my timeline...

BC PNP application submitted: Feb 2012
BC PNP approved: April 2012 (Just over four weeks processing time)
PR application submitted: June 2012
PR file number received on: July 24 2012
Acknowledgement of Receipt: July 24 2012
Medical exam completed on: August 7 2012

Current eCas status: In Process
"We received your application for permanent residence on June 11, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 17, 2012.

Medical results have been received."

I also just got my work permit renewed, using the letter of nomination. It expires in April 2014, ten days before my passport expires. (I expected it to be pegged to passport expiry, but why ten days in advance I don't know).
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
My thinking is that the medical request (Which I guess was included with the AOR email?) counts as "instructions" in CIC's eyes. Does eCas have a date for "we started processing your application"?
Yes AOR and Medical request was in the same email.

My ECAS states "In Progress":

We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

It's been that way for some time...
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
Yes AOR and Medical request was in the same email.

My ECAS states "In Progress":

We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

It's been that way for some time...
I think they're just really bad at updating eCas. I've noticed that it still shows my old mailing address, even though I've emailed them and filled in the online change form (And sent a real-life letter about something else that includes the new address).
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
I think they're just really bad at updating eCas. I've noticed that it still shows my old mailing address, even though I've emailed them and filled in the online change form (And sent a real-life letter about something else that includes the new address).
Yeah, the fact it doesn't even state it's being processed on mine is worrying.

Is it worth contacting the Ottawa office, or just leave it until next year? I understand it's hit and miss, and it all depends on which desk my application falls on to. I still have quite some time until my med's expire so...
Old Nov 7th 2012, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

I emailed them recently regarding this and they said to carry on waiting. it was a form answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.