Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Regulatory Landing in Victoria, BC

Regulatory Landing in Victoria, BC

Old Oct 15th 2010, 6:17 pm
Officially Expats!!!

maxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to allmaxrevs is a name known to all
Default Re: Regulatory Landing in Victoria, BC

Originally Posted by Vbomb
Does anyone have their phone number?
They don't publish individual office numbers unfortunately - though I can guess why not ...

The only number is the central CIC number.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

Hey guys, anyone from Vancouver landed in CIC Victoria with this method recently?

Is it still open for drop in at 10:00AM to 15:00PM?

When I called the CIC call center they told me I have to land in Vancouver? That doesn't make alot of sense that I can't land in Victoria if I wanted to...

Any comments would be much appreciated, just waiting for passport to come back now...

Thanks!!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

bcwisher is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no.. I'm literally just waiting for the passports too, I live in Victoria too.
I tracked the passports through canada post and they were sent out April 1st so shoudl be back anyday. Through this website I thought we could do the landing in Victoria?
How about if we just walk in as there is no appointment?
Its on Govt Street right?
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:28 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

In-person help by appointment only: Citizenship, Immigration, PR Card

Victoria
816 Government Street
Victoria, BC
V8W 1W9

Monday to Wednesday: 8:00 – 15:00hrs
Thursday: 8:00 – 13:30hrs
Friday: 8:00 – 15:00hrs

In-person help by appointment only: Citizenship, Immigration, PR Card

Maybe pop down there with your info, make an appointment if they require it or, as someone mentioned, if they are not too busy, they may process you right away.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:32 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

er.. if you do drop in to the Victoria office and happen to spot a phone number, sharing to would be nice
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Vbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really niceVbomb is just really nice

Hey bcwisher

Can you please drop by the Victoria office if you've got sometime since you live there? I would do it myself except I live in Vancouver! haha

Any update would be awesome, I don't want to take a day off work, get to the ferry to Victoria and get turned away at CIC...

Cheers

Last edited by Vbomb; Apr 5th 2011 at 5:49 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

I'll drop by this week and see what they say.. if I need to book an appt then I will do it this week!
Will report back into forum,
just waiting for the darn passports.. they show as being delivered to me here and I def don;t have them yet.. phoned our local post office and they say sometimes they say delivered when they already out in th van ?!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Vanite is an unknown quantity at this point

The phone number's not going to help you. If you live in Vancouver they're just going to tell you that you should land in Vancouver (same as on the CIC Call Centre). If you show up in person during drop-in hours and they're not busy and in a good mood, however, they may be nice and land you anyway. It's not guaranteed to work, but is probably worth the day-trip if you've got a flexible schedule.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,

I received my passports and phoned up the main call centre number... stating I wanted to "land" in Canada. they asked address details and other verification.. first they said 3 weeks waiting then she did some fur. ther verifications and said we can actually go in any Tuesday between 8am and 3pm.

I'll ask when we go there next Tuesday but agree with Vanite that if you're coming to Victoria - then worth a shot.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

CONGRATS bcwisher! It's nearly done for you! Thanks for the update and the investigative work

When did your passport reach Fort Erie?

Thanks
V
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Thx! My whole timeline is as follows:

On w/p since Jan06. (company relocation from UK office to Victoria office)
Applied for PR via CEC route
Application made: 23 March 2010
AOR: 20 May 2010
June 2010 - Req. for fingerprints for partner.
Dec 2010 - req. police chks in UK (never submitted) and med reqs.
Meds done last week of Dec.
PPR Feb 2011.
PP rcvd Fort Erie 18 March 2011.
Visa issuance date: 23 March 2011
PP recvd April 5th.

landing inland Victoria BC next Tuesday!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

I landed inland in Victoria today - very convenient as we live in Victoria!
The process was straightforward at the downtown CIC offices.parking is closeby but a tad expensive...
I took our passports, COPR forms and some extra photographs as well as the work permits etc.

They asked us to retake pictures as the ones we had were not good enough and said that Nova Scotia would most likely send the pictures back and ask for them to be retaken so they advised us to walk a block and get some more pictures done.. we got them done in 15 mins and were back.

The lovely IO went through each of our COPR docs, asked whether the information was accurate; whether we had any convictions or whether we had been denied entry etc etc and a few signatures afterwards we were PR!

Advice:
take extra pictures with you just in case! they only need 1 more per person.

For those living in Vancouver; I would definetely try to come over for the day and land here... we did not have an appt; we were just advised by the CIC call centre to walk in any Tuesday between 8am and 3pm. The IO only asked for our present address to confirm where the PR cards will be sent in 6-8 weeks and that if there was any change in the address to phone the CIC call centre number.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcwisher
Hi Everyone,

I landed inland in Victoria today - very convenient as we live in Victoria!
The process was straightforward at the downtown CIC offices.parking is closeby but a tad expensive...
I took our passports, COPR forms and some extra photographs as well as the work permits etc.

They asked us to retake pictures as the ones we had were not good enough and said that Nova Scotia would most likely send the pictures back and ask for them to be retaken so they advised us to walk a block and get some more pictures done.. we got them done in 15 mins and were back.

The lovely IO went through each of our COPR docs, asked whether the information was accurate; whether we had any convictions or whether we had been denied entry etc etc and a few signatures afterwards we were PR!

Advice:
take extra pictures with you just in case! they only need 1 more per person.

For those living in Vancouver; I would definetely try to come over for the day and land here... we did not have an appt; we were just advised by the CIC call centre to walk in any Tuesday between 8am and 3pm. The IO only asked for our present address to confirm where the PR cards will be sent in 6-8 weeks and that if there was any change in the address to phone the CIC call centre number.

Hope this helps!
Thanks bcwisher and CONGRATS!!! It's all over, you can rest now

My passport got sent back today and I will be in Victoria CIC office next week hoping for the same smooth landing!

Thanks for sharing your experience

PS: Did they take away your work permit?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! you're nearly there too!
nope they did not take away the work permits - I had them with me just in case as I had removed them from the passports before I sent the passports off... the IO did say that the permits were now void.

now to update and apply for new SIN that does not begin with 9 and fax details off to BC MSP!

816 Govt Street is a large building - you can't miss it and you go up to the 3rd floor. check out street view so you can see parking!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

hotstartup is an unknown quantity at this point

will confirm this all to be accurate! Landed in Victoria this morning (took the ferry from vancouver yesterday), came in at around 8:15 and there was a gentlemen ahead of me. Took about 15 mins, the IO was very nice asked a few questions was fast and stamped the passport right after. Advised that it will take 32 business days for PR card!!

thanks for the information on this thread. Victoria is a beautiful city. For people coming from vancouver try to stay on douglas street all the hotels are there. I personally stayed at queen victoria hotel (nice hotel decent price) walk to CIC building was 5 mins. Lots of restaurants Bus 70 takes you straight to douglas get off at belville st.