40+ Entertainment

Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:15 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default 40+ Entertainment

I have pondered on this for quite a long time, but does anyone feel there is a bit of a void for night time entertainment for those of us over 40?

I love to party a bit now and again (all be it a slower pace ) but there just doesnt seem to be anywhere for us to go nowadays.
Most pubs, nightclubs and venues cater very much for the under 30s!! I would feel completely out of place and out of my depth.
I feel a bit lost and left out.
I like going to restaurants and stuff like that but it gets a bit boring after a while.
Australia does have its RSL clubs which are very much like the old working mens clubs of old back in UK, but not sure thats my scene either!
Would like something a bit more upmarket but not snotty and stuffy.

Not sure UK has anything like that these days.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: 40+ Entertainment

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I have pondered on this for quite a long time, but does anyone feel there is a bit of a void for night time entertainment for those of us over 40?

I love to party a bit now and again (all be it a slower pace ) but there just doesnt seem to be anywhere for us to go nowadays.
Most pubs, nightclubs and venues cater very much for the under 30s!! I would feel completely out of place and out of my depth.
I feel a bit lost and left out.
I like going to restaurants and stuff like that but it gets a bit boring after a while.
Australia does have its RSL clubs which are very much like the old working mens clubs of old back in UK, but not sure thats my scene either!
Would like something a bit more upmarket but not snotty and stuffy.

Not sure UK has anything like that these days.
There are only a couple of night clubs where i live and they are full of kids!!! I would never set foot in the place. My daughter used to get in them when she was 14..(not that i knew) so thats how bad they are.

Back in Leeds i used to go clubbing once a month and the clubs were full of people more my age...a good mixture of 25-35. It was great.
So i don't bother going out much here, i'll just wait til i get back back home.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:54 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
There are only a couple of night clubs where i live and they are full of kids!!! I would never set foot in the place. My daughter used to get in them when she was 14..(not that i knew) so thats how bad they are.

Back in Leeds i used to go clubbing once a month and the clubs were full of people more my age...a good mixture of 25-35. It was great.
Yeah, but i am getting to the point where 35s are too young

Trouble is, i cant bare the thought of the only entertainment left for me is is grandma stuff. I am still a party animal at heart
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:05 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

You should try the Moon in Woodvale, they have a motown night once a month. We went last week - what a great night. Music from all eras, we danced most of the night We are in our late 30's early 40's and felt quite young! There was a couple dancing away who must have been in their 70's or 80's - put us all to shame. Good atmosphere
Made a fool of myself though (as usual) the woman shuck talc on the floor and I just had to do a Peter Kay slide in it. Trouble was, I had black trousers on
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Just call me grandma. I have 3 knitting projects and 2 cross stitch projects on the sofa beside me. Isnt it sad - I am now gearing up to be rivetted by Midsomer Murders.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 10:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
You should try the Moon in Woodvale, they have a motown night once a month. We went last week - what a great night. Music from all eras, we danced most of the night We are in our late 30's early 40's and felt quite young! There was a couple dancing away who must have been in their 70's or 80's - put us all to shame. Good atmosphere
Made a fool of myself though (as usual) the woman shuck talc on the floor and I just had to do a Peter Kay slide in it. Trouble was, I had black trousers on
Good on ya Trace, did you do the dancing to the dance floor dance.

Flea chuck you are only as young as the man you feel, get out their clubbing woman!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 10:54 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Sounds like my kind of thing!! Only one small problem...i'm in Sydney

Q!! for goodness sake, we cant have you sliding into grandma oblivion! Jump on my pink vespa with me and lets go party somewhere.... knitting?? PAH! no no no...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Sounds like my kind of thing!! Only one small problem...i'm in Sydney

Q!! for goodness sake, we cant have you sliding into grandma oblivion! Jump on my pink vespa with me and lets go party somewhere.... knitting?? PAH! no no no...
Not even socks????

It's yonks since I rode a scooter - I was a Lambretta girl though I am sure I could still manage to balance
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:12 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by quoll
Not even socks????

It's yonks since I rode a scooter - I was a Lambretta girl though I am sure I could still manage to balance
Noooo not even socks!

When i was back in London last year there seems to have been an explosion of scooters everywhere. I loved it. People buzzing all over town like bees in a biscuit tin (thats what they sound like) All very continental and trendy.