HELP..HELP..George, Peter, Steven

Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Rajeesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP..HELP..George, Peter, Steven

Happy New Year to all here...

I submitted my application in April 2004. I am from India and applied from the Middle East for Systems Manager profession. I haven't heard anything from DIMIA till now other than the initial acknowledgement.

I am planning on getting married by May 2005 and I am just wondering if I get my Visa before that, is it against DIMIA's policy to get married before I make my first entry to OZ ??

Could you please help me, how to go about this situation.

Raj
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:10 am
Grateful

yinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the roughyinwong is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HELP..HELP..George, Peter, Steven

Originally Posted by Rajeesh

I submitted my application in April 2004. I am from India and applied from the Middle East for Systems Manager profession. I haven't heard anything from DIMIA till now other than the initial acknowledgement.

I am planning on getting married by May 2005 and I am just wondering if I get my Visa before that, is it against DIMIA's policy to get married before I make my first entry to OZ ??

Raj
U may go ahead and get married. But you MUST submit a "Form 1022".

Maybe the experts and those who have gone thru this process can give u more detailed advise.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Raj
Please do not use specific names when asking questions. It's specifically requested not to do so at the top of the forum.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240272
Old Jan 4th 2005, 5:59 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marrying before entry to Australia

My initial thoughts are that either:

1. You advise DIMIA that you now have a de facto spouse (if you do), or

2. You don't marry before you validate your visa, or

3. Your intended spouse will have to apply for a spouse visa in due course with you as the sponsor.

Best regards.

Raj
Old Jan 4th 2005, 6:44 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Raj
Hi Rajeesh,

You should lodge a form 1022 now advising that you're getting married - I assume you're not living together unmarried in the Middle East :-)

Most likely DIMIA would encourage you to document the relationship and marriage so that your visas can be granted together - as Alan mentions, it's likely to be a cause of considerable trouble if you get your visa first and then need to go to Australia and wait for your wife to join you. Generally only Australian citizens can be resident overseas when they sponsor for a spouse visa.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Rajeesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

Thanks for your replies.

What document am I supposed to send to DIMIA along with form 1022. I don't think I will have any documents untill I get married.

Assuming I get my medical reuquest in February end - March, I will have time till end of April to submit the Medical & Police verification. So I will have 2 months from April before I hear anything from DIMIA and hopefully I can send the marriage certificate by Mid may before DIMIA sends me the Visa.

Do you think this would be an option ?

Raj