Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

List of things that really are better in OZ.

List of things that really are better in OZ.

Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:34 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
Raytheon, Boeing, BAE, ADI, Tenix, Honeywell, all shingle hangers. They are all just local marketing and sales divisions. When it comes to the real work it is done in Europe or the USA.
Ok ,see your point ,but will you be absorbed and wasted in the great ,mish mash of the U.SofA or return to lead and guide your own heartland ??? ie ELLIS-FLINT ceo SANTOS , totally revitalised the Aussie ,oil industry, after 25 yrs in Texas.. in your industry ?? home is were the heart is ....?? .... MM
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:39 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List of things that really are better in OZ.

Originally posted by welshpom
C'mon, they didn't even have cars back then.
No your right ,dad had a Norton Dominator , with a side car, great on sunny days ..... MM
Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:47 am
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by Mandy Bale
when I talk about power lines I mean the ones along the streets, i.e. telegraph poles with wires on. Where we were in the UK and most places in the UK all street power/telephone was put underground years ago.
I always lived in older neighbourhoods in the UK. Never had burried power cables. I guess it's desirable everywhere in the world to burry cables now.

I thought you meant the giant electric pylons that litter the UK countryside. Being sparsly populated, the Aus countryside is spared that.

by the way, I wouldn't expect to get cable in South Wales, they still live in the 20th centuary don't they? (just kidding!)
Ooh, ooh, fighting talk. Come outside and repeat that. Well, until the advent of digital satellite tv, we used to nickname the Welsh version of the 4 old channels "cave tv". Damn you S-4-bloody-C for serving up Welsh language drivel instead of the fun stuff the rest of the UK got to see on C4.

So Mandy, when you have a headache, does your other half get denied bale ?
Old Aug 31st 2003, 1:08 pm
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

OZ UK

Drive thru bottle shops!! No drive thru bottle shop's

Parrots Pigeons

Kangaroo's rabbits

skimpies Bet lynch

300kw V8's Mondeo's

Empty roads M1

Beaches Packed out pieces of gravel

Skimpies Oh sorry I've already mentioned them

Old Aug 31st 2003, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by brox
OZ UK

Drive thru bottle shops!! No drive thru bottle shop's

Parrots Pigeons

Kangaroo's rabbits

skimpies Bet lynch

300kw V8's Mondeo's

Empty roads M1

Beaches Packed out pieces of gravel

Skimpies Oh sorry I've already mentioned them

I'll take it we just heard the voice of Mr Brox then?
Old Sep 1st 2003, 2:58 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that was Mr Brox, lowering the tone. He never really bothered with pubs in England, but loves a pint on the way home from work now!!!!!

Mrs Brox
Old Sep 1st 2003, 3:22 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Aus............................................... ............................ Britain
sun .................................................. .........................No sun ...

Cheers

P.S

Aus............................................... ...................................Britain

Aus - Beaches (some crap, some good)
Britain -beaches(some crap , some good)

Aus - Birds, tweety little things and squawking Cockies ...
Britain - Goshawks (they eat the pigeons) , Kites, hawks, falcons and eagles... birds of prey

Aus - drive throughs
Britain - supermarkets

Aus - kangaroos, koalas etc etc
Britain - Otters, badgers, moles, wallabies (lol yes you heard right), pole cats, Pine Martin, loch ness monsters

Yawn..
the SE of England is not the UK, it's just a part of the UK.

look "sun and sand"... doh wrong picture, I'll find one of Aus... Britain has no sun or sandy beaches! Aus DOES:
Attached Thumbnails List of things that really are better in OZ.-llangenith.1jpg.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2003, 3:23 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

A beach
Attached Thumbnails List of things that really are better in OZ.-_39394513_horses300245.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2003, 3:32 am
Y Ddraig Goch

A lovely brissie "Beach" (with hubby photo cut)

See pic's can show the otherside.. wait next time I'm stuck in traffic.. I'll have to take a photo of it.
Attached Thumbnails List of things that really are better in OZ.-brissie.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2003, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Aus............................................... ............................ Britain
sun .................................................. .........................No sun ...

Cheers

P.S

Aus............................................... ...................................Britain

Aus - Beaches (some crap, some good)
Britain -beaches(some crap , some good)

Aus - Birds, tweety little things and squawking Cockies ...
Britain - Goshawks (they eat the pigeons) , Kites, hawks, falcons and eagles... birds of prey

Aus - drive throughs
Britain - supermarkets

Aus - kangaroos, koalas etc etc
Britain - Otters, badgers, moles, wallabies (lol yes you heard right), pole cats, Pine Martin, loch ness monsters

Yawn..
the SE of England is not the UK, it's just a part of the UK.

look "sun and sand"... doh wrong picture, I'll find one of Aus... Britain has no sun or sandy beaches! Aus DOES:

That's a good reminder of the wonderful birds of prey in the UK. I have seen displays with these birds in the UK and it really is very impressive stuff and birds like falcons and kestrels really are amazing creatures. Also the other animals mentioned - badgers, otters, especially. Some lovely creatures in that hell hole UK.

I am sure it was one of your points, but it is all a question of making the effort and some people seem to be prepared to make the effort only once they have left the UK. Not that hard to do a lot of different and interesting things in the UK. After years here, all seems very handy and close together when I go back to the Uk for a holiday.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:11 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a shot of a beachof my youth at Alnmouth:
Attached Thumbnails List of things that really are better in OZ.-1033_01_5_web.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:03 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

A lovely brissie "Beach" (with hubby photo cut)

See pic's can show the otherside.. wait next time I'm stuck in traffic.. I'll have to take a photo of it.
Are you married to Steve Irwin or something? No need to be ashamed...!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: List of things that really are better in OZ.

Originally posted by jayr
I think the tomatoes taste better, the lamb is cheaper (not sure, my wife buys it) and the meat, including chicken tastes better. i thnik the UK supermarkets specify their requirments so much that the taste has disappeared.
If you think uk food is bland......... you never want to come to Canada..............
:scared:
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Are you married to Steve Irwin or something? No need to be ashamed...!
Oh B*gger off you, you just want pictures to perv at people in pictures.. no I'm not showing you hubby... he's just not that type of guy lol... try Sydney

Cheers
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh B*gger off you, you just want pictures to perv at people in pictures.. no I'm not showing you hubby... he's just not that type of guy lol... try Sydney

Cheers
What time is it and what day in your part of the world
Thanks...............(I'ts for a bet!!!!!!!!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.