Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

::Taking a boat from UK to Spain (Mallorca)::

::Taking a boat from UK to Spain (Mallorca)::

Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:47 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default ::Taking a boat from UK to Spain (Mallorca)::

Hi

Just been flicking through the BoatMart and considering a small cabin cruiser , yea i know flash git aint i

Well its only a small one 24 footer ,that is for sale really really cheap and needs some TLC a bit like me
So i wouldnt mind getting it and then having it in Mallorca and would be a nice keep me out of mischeif project ..

Now if i got it , how do i get it to Mallorca as my own skills on boats runs to a little local inshore and river boating ! And so for me to drive it all the way by sea would be impossible .

Anyone any ideas as to how to get it there and as to costs ?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:19 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: ::Taking a boat from UK to Spain (Mallorca)::

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi

Just been flicking through the BoatMart and considering a small cabin cruiser , yea i know flash git aint i

Well its only a small one 24 footer ,that is for sale really really cheap and needs some TLC a bit like me
So i wouldnt mind getting it and then having it in Mallorca and would be a nice keep me out of mischeif project ..

Now if i got it , how do i get it to Mallorca as my own skills on boats runs to a little local inshore and river boating ! And so for me to drive it all the way by sea would be impossible .

When you buy ask if they deliver and when they say yes give them an address in Mallorca, I'm sure there is someone on here that lives there will be willing to accept delivery for you.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:25 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
When you buy ask if they deliver and when they say yes give them an address in Mallorca, I'm sure there is someone on here that lives there will be willing to accept delivery for you.
its a private sale crispy , cheap as the guy needs a quick sale , and i wont be over there for ages . So will be here with me , then taken over as i go over ..
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Hang around any marina and you will find someone willing to sail it to Mallorca for you. Providing it is seaworthy and you have some cash

I once met an Australian couple in South America who earned their living by sailing a US millionaires boat around the world. He would tell them where he wanted it to be by a certain date, they would sail the boat to the location, and the millionaire and his wife would fly out to meet them.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:32 pm

its a private sale crispy , cheap as the guy needs a quick sale , and i wont be over there for ages . So will be here with me , then taken over as i go over ..
Can it come in kit form? Then you will have a hobby for when you get here that will keep you out of trouble and you can have a cd player nearby so you can play your Doris Day cd's and I have some Fred Astaire (did you know he made records) I could bring over to you and be your Good Friday and help pass the screws to you and the glue when needed. Then of course you will need your real ale but you can teach me how to pour that without getting to much white stuff on the top for you.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by big wheels
Hang around any marina and you will find someone willing to sail it to Mallorca for you. Providing it is seaworthy and you have some cash

I once met an Australian couple in South America who earned their living by sailing a US millionaires boat around the world. He would tell them where he wanted it to be by a certain date, they would sail the boat to the location, and the millionaire and his wife would fly out to meet them.
dont think this would qualify as a millionaires boat
its more like a speedboat with a top on and a couple of bunks below , looks a bit ropey now but has potential ,but is all working mechanics and stuff are good just been sat and left , needs like a makeover seats ripped etc, that sort of thing
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:42 pm
Banned

Can it come in kit form? Then you will have a hobby for when you get here that will keep you out of trouble and you can have a cd player nearby so you can play your Doris Day cd's and I have some Fred Astaire (did you know he made records) I could bring over to you and be your Good Friday and help pass the screws to you and the glue when needed. Then of course you will need your real ale but you can teach me how to pour that without getting to much white stuff on the top for you.
not kit form nope crispy , bless

Would love you to help crispy but its gonna have a sign saying "SMOKERS ONLY "
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:44 pm

not kit form nope crispy , bless

Would love you to help crispy but its gonna have a sign saying "SMOKERS ONLY "
Big Pete I wanna help I can smoke you can set light to me..........please
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:49 pm
Banned

Big Pete I wanna help I can smoke you can set light to me..........please
i will think about it ...
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:53 pm

i will think about it ...
Thank you, you won't be sorry, that's it off to bed now, nite speak again over the weekend......maybe.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:00 am
Banned

Thank you, you won't be sorry, that's it off to bed now, nite speak again over the weekend......maybe.
yep me to night night
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:15 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you sail it over, it gets a bit dodgy when you do a left round the top of Spain and the water from the Irish sea meets the Channel and the big bit of water. ;-(

.....Bay of Biscay......

Last edited by jdr; Apr 21st 2007 at 8:19 am.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Pete I have done the sail from Mallorca to Southampton, and I will never do it again.
Funnily enough when we did it I got talking to some guys in a bar in London and that was what they did to earn extra cash on their travels.
There are ads in the back of Boat mags of guys who will do it for you and it will cost about £1000-£2000, a cheap price to be able to avoid the Bay of Biscay!

You could also try TNT magazine, it is for traveling antipodeans and if you place an ad I guarantee you will get a few responses.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If the weather doesn`t get you then maybe you will get snagged on one of the 63 U-boats
Attached Thumbnails ::Taking a boat from UK to Spain (Mallorca)::-biscay.gif  
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
If the weather doesn`t get you then maybe you will get snagged on one of the 63 U-boats
only you could find a map of u-boats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.