Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Post Redirection Overseas - Oz Post

Post Redirection Overseas - Oz Post

Old Mar 8th 2003, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

captaincook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post Redirection Overseas - Oz Post

Does anybody here have experience of getting australia post to redirect mail to an overseas address ?

I have looked on their website and no mention of it.
Old Mar 8th 2003, 10:55 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice
Default Re: Post Redirection Overseas - Oz Post

Originally posted by captaincook
Does anybody here have experience of getting australia post to redirect mail to an overseas address ?

I have looked on their website and no mention of it.
Hi Captain Cook,

I got a mail re-direction booklet from the Post Office and it says you can re-direct overseas but have to ask for the charges and it is subject to the usual customs declarations being completed. If you are not here not sure how you would do that. Anyhow we are going to have our mail re-directed to a friend who will then post it on to us. No mention of charges in the booklet but I can't imagine for one minute it is free, nothing else is in this country!!!

Old Mar 25th 2003, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

amy&matt is an unknown quantity at this point

a friend of ours did this last year. i'm pretty sure there were charges (not surprising!). try australia post's free calling number to find out more - 131318
Old Mar 26th 2003, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

You won't find a postal system in the world that is going to redirect your mail overseas for free. Our redirection for 12 months from the UK to US ran at about 60 quid which is probably not even going to cover their costs.
Old Mar 26th 2003, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

i'm happy to pay for the service its just impossible to find out if ozpost actually do it. i've emailed and called without anybody knowing and never get a call back - god I hate ozzie service at times.

In UK you just fill out a form and all your mail gets forwarded the service was brilliant when we left 5 years agos. In Oz you can certainly get mail re-direction within the country but overseas appears different. I've found out that MBE centres will do it so may have to use them instead.
Old Aug 3rd 2003, 12:46 am
Merlot

Just looking into this now - any luck? We have not to date!

Originally posted by captaincook
i'm happy to pay for the service its just impossible to find out if ozpost actually do it. i've emailed and called without anybody knowing and never get a call back - god I hate ozzie service at times.

In UK you just fill out a form and all your mail gets forwarded the service was brilliant when we left 5 years agos. In Oz you can certainly get mail re-direction within the country but overseas appears different. I've found out that MBE centres will do it so may have to use them instead.

Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:09 am
Merlot

To the UK (Response 5/8)

Quoting "Calarco, Dominic" <[email protected]>:

>
> If the redirection is from a residential address the cost is $7 1 month, $18
> 3 months, $33 6 months, $66 12 months.
>
> For Business, $33 1 month, $99 3 months, $198 6 months $396 12 months.
>
> Regards
> Dominic.

Originally posted by Merlot
Just looking into this now - any luck? We have not to date!

Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Well we were told the same and paid for 6 month re-direction.

We were then called on our mobiles after we had left Brisbane and were staying in Sydney by the post office to say that in addition to the re-direction fee you had to pre-pay postage. This involved buying a4 size pre-paid envelopes which Oz Post would place the mail inside and forward on which they are currently doing. We purchased 10 of these at a cost of $55 and Oz Post manage to fit about 4 envelopes in each one.

To make matters worse we asked in three post offices in Sydney and they all told us this was'nt correct and that re-direction overseas should be automatic but the additional postage required is payable on delivery.

This for me is just typical of why I found living in Oz so frustrating at times. I know its a big country but its so hard to get to the bottom of such trivial issues such as this. The money is not important we need the service and at present it is working but I am still waiting for tax certificates to arrive which I am sure would have been sent by now so I guess the system is far from full proof.

Originally posted by Merlot
To the UK (Response 5/8)

Quoting "Calarco, Dominic" <[email protected]>:

>
> If the redirection is from a residential address the cost is $7 1 month, $18
> 3 months, $33 6 months, $66 12 months.
>
> For Business, $33 1 month, $99 3 months, $198 6 months $396 12 months.
>
> Regards
> Dominic.