Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Form E106 - renewal!

Form E106 - renewal!

Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Form E106 - renewal!

This may be of interest. Went with our friend to register our E106 (has just taken us 16 months and it runs out at the end of the year) and he was told by the local social security office that his medical card was now invalid as it had run out in 2004 but that he should apply to the UK for a 2 year extension. She said that was normal. I thought that once it had run out that was it until retirement age!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form E106 - renewal!

Hi

Must say I though that was the case also. But we now have a social sceurity card here and have registered with the surgery as in UK.

Regards Pwwm
Old Oct 17th 2005, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by glynis
This may be of interest. Went with our friend to register our E106 (has just taken us 16 months and it runs out at the end of the year) and he was told by the local social security office that his medical card was now invalid as it had run out in 2004 but that he should apply to the UK for a 2 year extension. She said that was normal. I thought that once it had run out that was it until retirement age!
This site might help you or you could search the other pages of this site for more information. If you are a resident of Spain and hold the "Extranjeros" ID card, Pay tax's etc, you should not need E106 but please check this page for the correct information that you need.

E111 cards

Or you could try this country by country site

Spain DWP.UK
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by countryboy
This site might help you or you could search the other pages of this site for more information. If you are a resident of Spain and hold the "Extranjeros" ID card, Pay tax's etc, you should not need E106 but please check this page for the correct information that you need.

E111 cards

Or you could try this country by country site

Spain DWP.UK
Have a residencia i.d. card but don't pay taxes here but in the UK still.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:10 pm
Crouching Tiger

david_cadiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Form E106 - renewal!

I have just applied for mine online at www.ehic.org.uk and this should give all the relevant info on E106.... hope its of use...

David