NOA1 to NOA2 - your experiences?

Old May 20th 2010, 8:41 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NOA1 to NOA2 - your experiences?

Yeah - just slow on the uptake today, Mo.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
Yeah - just slow on the uptake today, Mo.
It was a good question though! (yours)
Can't believe Baby Rocker is almost here!! You're not calling him Geddy though, right??? Right?!!!
Old May 21st 2010, 2:29 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meauxna
It was a good question though! (yours)
Can't believe Baby Rocker is almost here!! You're not calling him Geddy though, right??? Right?!!!
I'm trying to lean Chas towards Alexander Lee for a boy . Hey, Lee is also my dad's middle name so it's not TOTALLY out there. Aside from the fact that we essentially 'owe' the trio for the baby anyway - otherwise, Chas and I would have never met.

The only objection Chas has is he has a step sister who is Alexandra. I say big whoop - we never see her (and I've never met her) so who cares? LOL

Last edited by TracyTN; May 21st 2010 at 2:36 pm.
Old May 21st 2010, 4:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I'm trying to lean Chas towards Alexander Lee for a boy . Hey, Lee is also my dad's middle name so it's not TOTALLY out there. Aside from the fact that we essentially 'owe' the trio for the baby anyway - otherwise, Chas and I would have never met.

The only objection Chas has is he has a step sister who is Alexandra. I say big whoop - we never see her (and I've never met her) so who cares? LOL
lolz, that would be awesome! But you'd have to call him by his first+middle, like when moms are mad...

"Alexander Lee, you get in here right NOW!"
Old May 21st 2010, 5:00 pm
Instigator of the Post

Originally Posted by meauxna
lolz, that would be awesome! But you'd have to call him by his first+middle, like when moms are mad...

"Alexander Lee, you get in here right NOW!"
Oh I've already practiced that (even though it's not an official name choice yet)!
Old May 21st 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say you'll see my time line in my signature!
Old May 22nd 2010, 11:16 am
Just Joined

exthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really nice

For me:
NOA1 - Feb 17
NOA2 - May 6

78 days
Old May 22nd 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

BenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really niceBenFrancis is just really nice

Originally Posted by exthree
For me:
NOA1 - Feb 17
NOA2 - May 6

78 days
thanks exthree! you're not far off me then
which center did you file at?
Thanks, Ben
Old May 22nd 2010, 11:31 am
Just Joined

exthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really niceexthree is just really nice

California.

Amusingly my fiance and I prepared the package together on our own. We were absolutely meticulous about EVERYTHING, double checked, triple checked, made copies etc etc.

Then went ahead and sent it to the Vermont filing centre. I felt like a right idiot. Luckily it didn't affect the timelines at all, I believe they just forwarded it right on to California.

Good luck though. I know what it's like waiting for those notifications but they will come in time, don't worry :-)
Old May 22nd 2010, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

SandK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Ben,
Here's our timeline:

2/25/10 - Posted I-129F
3/2/10 - USCIS Receipt Date
3/8/10 - Received NOA1 via post
5/18/10 - Received email from USCIS - Approved woohoo!

5/22/10 - Still waiting to receive NOA2 in mail and UK package.

Even with any hold ups from Haiti we were still well under the 5 month time frame and on track for our planned December wedding.
Old May 25th 2010, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

We filed with the CSC, our NOA1 date was February 9th and we got our NOA2 on March 31st, so it was 7 weeks from the NOA1 to the NOA2.

However, our approved petition then sat at the CSC for almost 3 weeks as it wasn't received by the NVC until April 20th! London received our stuff at the end of April and I received my embassy letter May 21st, so I've scheduled my medical for June 15th and at the moment we're waiting for our attorney to send my fiancé the prepared financial support info so he can send it to me for my interview (they seem to be holding us up at the moment, but hopefully that won't take much longer).

I've been quite unlucky with my police certificate, which I applied for April 20th and they apparently posted to me May 7th - it still hasn't arrived! It must have been lost in the post somewhere (kinda worrying!) but when I called they said it's not officially classed as lost until it's been 3 weeks from the time of sending, which will be this Friday. I have to call ACPO again on Friday to tell them it's still not here and they'll re-send it to me - hopefully with more success this time!

I've filled out all the forms I need to send to the Embassy in order to get an interview date, but I'm kinda reluctant to send everything in until I've got my police certificate and the financial info - I don't wanna get to my interview and be without something I need, the whole thing is stressful enough as it is!

Anyway, back to the subject - we were impressed with the speed of the I129F approval (then frustrated with the delay in forwarding our stuff to the NVC! hehe). From what I've read, the CSC is generally much quicker than the VSC (I feel bad for those of you who've had to file with them).

Good luck everyone!