Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We want to move ASAP !

We want to move ASAP !

Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute
Default We want to move ASAP !

Hi everybody !

I'm just posting this topic to get a piece of advice as I don't get any replies on french forums. So I rely on you !

I'm a SEO executive (but jobless at the moment - I used to take care of an ecommerce website) who speaks French and English and my OH is a welder, who just got his diploma and started working recently in a maintenance/boilermaking/pipe welding industry.

We are both young (24 and 26), have no kids and would like to move to Australia, New Zealand or Canada (or the USA but it seems complicated to stay there).

We are looking for a job abroad, and would like to know what would be the best for us. We would like to move as soon as possible but maybe it would be better to stay in Europe to gain experience first... We thought about a WHV but not sure it's a good idea. Our purpose is to get a PR visa.

We would be glad to read about your experiences !
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We want to move ASAP !

Originally Posted by babyposer
Hi everybody !

I'm just posting this topic to get a piece of advice as I don't get any replies on french forums. So I rely on you !

I'm a SEO executive (but jobless at the moment - I used to take care of an ecommerce website) who speaks French and English and my OH is a welder, who just got his diploma and started working recently in a maintenance/boilermaking/pipe welding industry.

We are both young (24 and 26), have no kids and would like to move to Australia, New Zealand or Canada (or the USA but it seems complicated to stay there).

We are looking for a job abroad, and would like to know what would be the best for us. We would like to move as soon as possible but maybe it would be better to stay in Europe to gain experience first... We thought about a WHV but not sure it's a good idea. Our purpose is to get a PR visa.

Work out where you like first. A WHV will be a lot quicker to obtain than PR. Usually what you expect of a country is nothing like actually living there.

At your age you could try all of them, my niece is doing that now, NZ, Aus and next UK, she is Canadian.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody !

SEO executive. Sounds important. What is it?
Old Apr 18th 2014, 11:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Search Engine Optimisation. We could do with one of those on BE.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Search Engine Optimisation. We could do with one of those on BE.
Executive? At 26?
Old Apr 19th 2014, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beoz
Executive? At 26?
Haven't you heard some young people selling in stores are no longer calls sales people but sales executives, doesn't mean they do a better job just inflates their ego.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Haven't you heard some young people selling in stores are no longer calls sales people but sales executives, doesn't mean they do a better job just inflates their ego.
Y gen hey
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody !

For Australia you need to read www.immi.gov.au and see whether your skills actually qualify you to migrate here.
A WHV would be a good idea to give you a flavour of the country, but has an upper time li it of 2 years (assuming you meet the requirements to get the second year).

Best thing to do at the start though is to read the lifestyle posts on the forums and have a dig around and work out which country you really want to life in.......
Old Apr 19th 2014, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody !

If you want to move permanently then you need to have a read about the 189 or 190 visas on www.immi.gov.au. In particular, check the occupation lists for yours and then see what skills assessment entails. I don't recall seeing anything to do with search engines on the lists, we,dear will be, but perhaps your OH doesn't have enough experience or qualifications yet.

Looking for jobs from the UK isn't usually the best place to start for anyone wanting to move permanently. The WHV might be a good way to try it out and compare countries. On the other hand, a WHV might prevent you from getting the work experience that you would require for any of the countries you are interested in. You are probably dreaming about the USA, it is super difficult to get into.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Try a WHV. A number seem to be able to move on to PR through sponsorship. Doubt if experience will be enough to date to be of much interest. But give it a try.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Hi,

I didn't want to sound cocky, it's just the way my job is called (when in look for some jobs in the UK in my field, it's called 'SEO executive' most of the time). I live in France so forgive my ignorance.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for you replies, my OH occupation's is on the SOL, however he does not have 3 years experience yet (https://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupat...irst-class.htm 'This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience of AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).').

Even though SEO jobs are not on the SOL, it seems pretty easy to find a job at the moment in this field as there is a shortage of skills. I have a friend (she's also a seo manager or executive, whatever) who went to Australia and got contacted several times via her Linkedin profile.

The main problem is that my OH absolutely needs to work in his field cause he doesn't want to lose the knack. I forgot to mention his English is absolutely rubbish at the moment (his understanding is ok but when he speaks it's.. horrible).

Last edited by babyposer; Apr 19th 2014 at 8:40 am.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for you replies, my OH occupation's is on the SOL, however he does not have 3 years experience yet (https://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupat...irst-class.htm 'This occupation has a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience of AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3).').

Even though SEO jobs are not on the SOL, it seems pretty easy to find a job at the moment in this field as there is a shortage of skills. I have a friend (she's also a seo manager or executive, whatever) who went to Australia and got contacted several times via her Linkedin profile.

The main problem is that my OH absolutely needs to work in his field cause he doesn't want to lose the knack.
If your job is not on the occupation lists, then it doesn't matter how many jobs you think there are, you cannot get sponsored or get a visa. I would be surprised to be honest, that Australia with above 6% unemployment, would be struggling to fill these modern IT types of roles. Anyway, that is not the point, it is the occupation lists that matter, maybe you need to take another look and make sure you check the CSOL not just the SOL.

I do think you have hit the nail on the head re your OH, if you go on working holiday visas he could just end up shooting himself in the foot before he is properly established. Maybe you should set Australia as a medium term goal and work on establishing yourselves first.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The main problem is that my OH absolutely needs to work in his field cause he doesn't want to lose the knack. I forgot to mention his English is absolutely rubbish at the moment (his understanding is ok but when he speaks it's horrible).
Here's an idea. Rock on down to Oz on the young persons visa thing. Pick a few apples, see the country, and at the same time line up some interviews and scout around. You never know. Someone may like you and offer a 457.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Subscribe to the job alert function on here - sometimes welding jobs offering 457's come up. http://www.you-global.com/Jobs/Search.shtml

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.