Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

banking job demand in Australia

banking job demand in Australia

Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: banking job demand in Australia

My friend is with a large Bank and she says they are off shoring a lot of jobs these days and more will be going in the bank she works for, she is ok though as she has a law degree and even though her department will close she will have no difficulty moving in the bank or elsewhere.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mous1975
Thanks again, I guess that my Australian chase has to take a back seat till I don't find any suitable alternatives. .. Bad luck for me. ..
Asylum? Though I'm not sure how many economic and lifestyle refugees they are pushing through these days.

Why is it bad luck for you? What is wrong with where you live?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with these MBA's? We've just hired an Indian fella in our Melbourne office with one and a degree in physics. His job is effectively tele sales.

They don't seem to have the street credit they once had.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:07 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Well some have Ph.D. in baby-making.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

mous1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commonwealth
Well some have Ph.D. in baby-making.
That's so mean...If you can't offer solution then Pl don't make unprofessional comments
Old Apr 16th 2014, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Beoz
Asylum? Though I'm not sure how many economic and lifestyle refugees they are pushing through these days.

Why is it bad luck for you? What is wrong with where you live?
There is nothing wrong with the city I am living. In fact Dubai is one of the luxurious cities in the world and me family have got used to . Unfortunately this country doesn't have PR for expat. Hence I am looking forward to Australian PR to lead a decent lifestyle which is not possible in my home country
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

When I worked in the square mile, the Aus banks were regarded as the worst to work for in the City, even behind the Moscow Narodny at the time...This was back in the 70's. Is that view still the case ?
Old Apr 16th 2014, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
When I worked in the square mile, the Aus banks were regarded as the worst to work for in the City, even behind the Moscow Narodny at the time...This was back in the 70's. Is that view still the case ?
I dont bank with oz banks .... Ever
Old Apr 21st 2014, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again, I guess that my Australian chase has to take a back seat till I don't find any suitable alternatives. .. Bad luck for me. ..
Try NZ, and look at the CA program, the Australia and NZ CA have amalgamated so will be recognised in Australia and allow you to start network from NZ.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi, can you please elaborate how can NZ CA help me in my immigration. .. This seems to be a good option.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

I need a sincere advice. I am a banker by profession(14 yrs of Credit ) and trying to migrate to Australia for better quality of life. Unfortunately, banking is not under the Skilled Occupation list. I have a bachelor's degree in commerce with MBA in finance along with professional qualification of ICWAI (Cost Accountant).
One of my friend has suggested that I should take up masters in professional accounting with CPA in Australia and subsequently work for another two years and then apply for PR. Please advise whether the suggestion is sensible or not as I feel that it maybe a big gamble considering I am already 38 yrs with two school going kids.Also if I take up the course, the minimum fee would be around 30k AUD per annum and the duration is 2yrs
Please advice How can I migrate with my family to Australia.
Can your spouse or yourself study nursing? While not guaranteed, offers much better hope in Australia than accounting- don't bother with the MBA. The market for accountants is very competitive - seeing that you don't even have any experience you would be competing for entry level jobs with recent graduates.

Also, would you sacrifice your job for a career as a taxi driver in search of a better life? Worth considering given that most of the migrants from the sub continent end up driving taxis.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 4:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOE2010
Can your spouse or yourself study nursing? While not guaranteed, offers much better hope in Australia than accounting- don't bother with the MBA. The market for accountants is very competitive - seeing that you don't even have any experience you would be competing for entry level jobs with recent graduates.

Also, would you sacrifice your job for a career as a taxi driver in search of a better life? Worth considering given that most of the migrants from the sub continent end up driving taxis.
I realize that this is a 'to each their own' thing, but training for a vocation such as nursing simply because it might give you a better chance of a visa seems a bit drastic!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I realize that this is a 'to each their own' thing, but training for a vocation such as nursing simply because it might give you a better chance of a visa seems a bit drastic!
You would be surprised by the statistics - whether that is right or wrong is a different topic. International Education in Australia has been driven by migration outcomes over the last 10 years, and I wouldn't say nursing is a noble career from that perspective. The OP is looking at options and that is just one of the more realistic options.