Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Victoria State Sponsorship (merged threads)

Old Jul 6th 2013, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future
Default Re: My vitoria sponsorship got rejected

Originally Posted by beginnerbee
Hi,

I applied for sponsorship almost 3 months back and did not hear anything. I enquired with them and I was infored that they are waiting confirmation from the independent industry panel. Within another 5 days I got a mail saying that my sponsorship is rejected due to other stronger calibre candidate applications. Could this be because of my enquiry in between?

Can anyone please tell me to which other state I can try? I am falling under Software Testing and am looking for metropolitan state.

Regards
Begineer Bee
Try new south wales as it's conditions are easiest and seems to have most number of occupations on its list.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 7:56 am
Just Joined

beginnerbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the reply. But the reason was mentioned as - even though I was meeting the minimum eligibility, nowadays Victoria is receiving a lot of calibre candidates and is not in a position to sponsor for me. I have 70 points though!?

Last edited by beginnerbee; Jul 10th 2013 at 8:02 am.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the reply. But the reason was mentioned as - even though I was meeting the minimum eligibility, nowadays Victoria is receiving a lot of calibre candidates and is not in a position to sponsor for me. I have 70 points though!?
Can't see what your problem is. Regardless of your points score they considered other candidates to be of a higher calibre. Unfortunately you lost out.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

With 70 points you could go for 189 visa, which would allow you to live and work anywhere in Australia, including Victoria if desired
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It is like a job interview, you might meet the criteria, but it doesn't mean you get the job. Put it behind you. With 70 points, there was no need to apply for sponsorship anyway, hopefully somebody who actually needs it gets the place instead.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It is like a job interview, you might meet the criteria, but it doesn't mean you get the job. Put it behind you. With 70 points, there was no need to apply for sponsorship anyway, hopefully somebody who actually needs it gets the place instead.
@old.sparkles & @Bermudashorts

His occupation is Software Tester - 261314 and it's in the CSOL. That's why he need the state sponsorship although he has 70 points.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys and that is correct. Fortunately or unfortunately I fall under Software Tester category which is in CSOL. Am I still eligible to try Software Engineer 261313 for Visa type 189 as well? If so, do I have to get a new ACS assessment.

Last edited by beginnerbee; Jul 10th 2013 at 4:41 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys and that is correct. Fortunately or unfortunately I fall under Software Tester category which is in CSOL. Am I still eligible to try Software Engineer 261313 for Visa type 189 as well? If so, do I have to get a new ECS assessment.
You need to have skill assessment for 261313 if you are applying for that occupation. With 261314 skill assessment you can't apply for 261313.

Say you apply for ACS assessment again for 261313, then the question is will your work experience satisfy requirement for 261313?

You can check whether if any other state sponsor 261314 for 190 or 489. Feel sorry for you.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kkasunperera
@old.sparkles & @Bermudashorts

His occupation is Software Tester - 261314 and it's in the CSOL. That's why he need the state sponsorship although he has 70 points.
Fair enough. I guess he needs to try other states then..

Old Jul 10th 2013, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria use an industry panel to consider sponsorship applications. I assume that the panel selects the type of individual that they consider is in demand by the industry at the current time.

I did a very rough survey of Victoria SS a couple of years ago. At that time, of the cases I looked at less than 50% of IT sponsorship requests were sponsored and many of the applicants with considerable experience were refused whereas individuals with a couple of years experience were.
From the state and industries perspective, especially now that the state has limited quotas of sponsorships available, it makes sense.

Victoria make it clear on their web site that an occupation on their list does not guarantee sponsorship.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 4:58 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeeTMI
Victoria use an industry panel to consider sponsorship applications. I assume that the panel selects the type of individual that they consider is in demand by the industry at the current time.

I did a very rough survey of Victoria SS a couple of years ago. At that time, of the cases I looked at less than 50% of IT sponsorship requests were sponsored and many of the applicants with considerable experience were refused whereas individuals with a couple of years experience were.
From the state and industries perspective, especially now that the state has limited quotas of sponsorships available, it makes sense.

Victoria make it clear on their web site that an occupation on their list does not guarantee sponsorship.
In addition we've had quite a few people report that they have been rejected by Victoria - reasons include not a high enough calibre, but also not demonstrating enough commitment to the State; they are known to insist on seeing that you really WANT to be in Victoria, which is a fair enough ask if they can pick and choose.
Old Jul 15th 2013, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Any other state where I don't have to pay huge amount for SS and still there is adequate IT professionals on demand?
Old Jul 15th 2013, 2:01 pm
Home and Happy

Any other state where I don't have to pay huge amount for SS and still there is adequate IT professionals on demand?
You will need to check the requirements of each State individually.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

tevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant futuretevta has a brilliant future

New South Wales
Old Jul 17th 2013, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

noobrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I applied for sponsorship almost 3 months back and did not hear anything. I enquired with them and I was infored that they are waiting confirmation from the independent industry panel. Within another 5 days I got a mail saying that my sponsorship is rejected due to other stronger calibre candidate applications. Could this be because of my enquiry in between?

Can anyone please tell me to which other state I can try? I am falling under Software Testing and am looking for metropolitan state.

Regards
Begineer Bee
Very sorry to hear about the refusal, i think you will have to wait and file for ACT. However, can you answer the below mentioned queries for me please ?

Which country are you from ?
What are your qualifications ?
What is your total work exp ?
What are the technologies you work on ?
What was your IELTs score ?
How many points did you have when you filed you SS ?
What all documents did you submit ?

Last edited by noobrex; Jul 17th 2013 at 5:23 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.