Overstay in UAE

Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice
Default Re: Overstay in UAE

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes it can be done at immigration
Thanks for the info.
If you lose your job, does that automatically effecet your visa?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amnesia180
Thanks for the info.
If you lose your job, does that automatically effecet your visa?
No, not automatically. Your employer needs to cancel it, but if you want to stay and look for another job, perhaps you can arrange something with them so they won't cancel it. Cheaper for them to transfer it anyway.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Euc-
No, not automatically. Your employer needs to cancel it, but if you want to stay and look for another job, perhaps you can arrange something with them so they won't cancel it. Cheaper for them to transfer it anyway.
Thanks, Euc.

I haven't even started working in the UAE yet, but it's good to have some general knowledge stored up before I get there.

Anyway - I'll let the topic get back to it's origins
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amnesia180
Thanks, Euc.

I haven't even started working in the UAE yet, but it's good to have some general knowledge stored up before I get there.

Anyway - I'll let the topic get back to it's origins
what sort of work are you looking for?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Already have work, due to start beginning of October.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Why? Got a job up for grabs? Have a friend who is looking for a receptionist/secretary position
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

smudge811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im confused - is it 10dhs/day or 100dhs/day??

I cant even go pay and get a new stamp on my passport as my new company still have my passport, its been just over 3 months and they still havnt finalised the visa. Further, the delay is now due to issues they are having with one other staff. They cant make individual payments therefore will need to sort his issues out before they can make payment for the rest of us. Completely sucks! Why should I be liable for delays such as these???

If it wasnt for their "stuff-up" I wouldnt have incurred any overstay fines.

Not sure what to do and so have entered this forum...

Can anyone please advise.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:33 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smudge811
I cannot believe that anything in this money-consuming nation would cost as little as 10dhs per day.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:37 am
Just Joined

My thoughts exactly!!!

But im getting different advice everywhere.......
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Visit visa overstay is 100aed per day
Residence visa cancellation overstay 10aed per day

The reason that I am sure on this is that we deal with the immigration everyday, if you are unsure you can call them LOL if you can get through
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
Why? Got a job up for grabs? Have a friend who is looking for a receptionist/secretary position
Is she interested in Abu Dhabi ? if so drop me a PM
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I cant even go pay and get a new stamp on my passport as my new company still have my passport, its been just over 3 months and they still havnt finalised the visa. Further, the delay is now due to issues they are having with one other staff. They cant make individual payments therefore will need to sort his issues out before they can make payment for the rest of us. Completely sucks! Why should I be liable for delays such as these???

If it wasnt for their "stuff-up" I wouldnt have incurred any overstay fines.

Not sure what to do and so have entered this forum...

Can anyone please advise.
don't worry about it, company have had my passport for weeks, I am about three months illegal now, they cover the fines etc.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Yep thats what i thought...every other company would look after you and sort it all out but this company ive learnt is not the same and has already told me that they will not be paying any of the overstay fines (this is only one out of the many other policies they have which are different to normal labour policies)...
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks banter64 and blue cat for the advice
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:03 pm
Concierge

Yep thats what i thought...every other company would look after you and sort it all out but this company ive learnt is not the same and has already told me that they will not be paying any of the overstay fines (this is only one out of the many other policies they have which are different to normal labour policies)...
so they are in the process of getting your visa? anyway when they go to get the visa stamped in they will have to pay, no other way unless they take you with them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.