Scrappies

Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future
Default Scrappies

Hi All,

Do any of you fine fellows / fellowettes know where I can find a decent scrap yard?

I miss getting low down and dirty by working on my own cars and need some things that I would never allow myself to buy new for my Jeep. As such I am looking for a scrappie that would have some crashed jeeps in it.

Surely with all the arseholes on the roads and Jeeps or even arseholes driving Jeeps there must be a shed load of crashed ones for me to rip apart?

Any ideas?

Anywhere in Dubai would be good but would make the trip to Shabby if I needed to. I expect Sharjah will have some but don't know where to start looking.

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:37 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrappies

Originally Posted by Dubai to Dibba Daily
Hi All,

Do any of you fine fellows / fellowettes know where I can find a decent scrap yard?

I miss getting low down and dirty by working on my own cars and need some things that I would never allow myself to buy new for my Jeep. As such I am looking for a scrappie that would have some crashed jeeps in it.

Surely with all the arseholes on the roads and Jeeps or even arseholes driving Jeeps there must be a shed load of crashed ones for me to rip apart?

Any ideas?

Anywhere in Dubai would be good but would make the trip to Shabby if I needed to. I expect Sharjah will have some but don't know where to start looking.

Cheers
sharjah is the best place for jeep stuff. lots and lots of places between emirates road and bmw road, a few are already marked on google earth.
the other option is Al Dhaid there are 3 scrappies there, they are cheaper than sharjah but dont have the selection. note take tool to dhaid as you have to remove the bits yourself, they guys will usually do it for you in sharjah
sharjah industrial area is also great for newish parts, loads of afghan dealers who are willing to negotiate, note the paler your skin the higher the price

dubai the only place is al aweer but to be honest all the good stuff gets taken to sharjah anyway so i'd give it a miss
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

meant to mention musaffah in abu dhabi, loads and loads of scrappies there
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Dubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant futureDubai to Dibba Daily has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shiva
sharjah is the best place for jeep stuff. lots and lots of places between emirates road and bmw road, a few are already marked on google earth.
the other option is Al Dhaid there are 3 scrappies there, they are cheaper than sharjah but dont have the selection. note take tool to dhaid as you have to remove the bits yourself, they guys will usually do it for you in sharjah
sharjah industrial area is also great for newish parts, loads of afghan dealers who are willing to negotiate, note the paler your skin the higher the price

dubai the only place is al aweer but to be honest all the good stuff gets taken to sharjah anyway so i'd give it a miss

Cheers.

Where in Dhaid are they? Off the 1st or the 2nd R/A. Are you talking about the one out towards Siji (Masafi direction?)

Also which rd is BMW rd in Sharjah? Sharjah is a bit of a mystery to me!

I don't mind taking stuff off myself, in fact that is half the fun!

I know, you're right about the skin colour chat. I'll make my misses come with me and speak to the guys in Hindu or Urdu.

I have been down to Mussafah before but that place scares me. I was visiting a lab in there and left to get something for lunch. It took me 3 hrs to find the place again!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I have been down to Mussafah before but that place scares me. I was visiting a lab in there and left to get something for lunch. It took me 3 hrs to find the place again!
hahaha i work in musafah (have been for 18 months) and i still get lost, horrible place!!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander
hahaha i work in musafah (have been for 18 months) and i still get lost, horrible place!!
Ha, its a total shitmare! I'd use a GPS! In fact of you see any nice Jeeps.....
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

Cheers.

Where in Dhaid are they? Off the 1st or the 2nd R/A. Are you talking about the one out towards Siji (Masafi direction?)

Also which rd is BMW rd in Sharjah? Sharjah is a bit of a mystery to me!

I don't mind taking stuff off myself, in fact that is half the fun! only if it isnt summer, top tip DONT even think about that now, i nearly collapsed taking an old nissan apart for a set of window gears last year

I know, you're right about the skin colour chat. I'll make my misses come with me and speak to the guys in Hindu or Urdu.

dhaid, depends which way your coming from but the yards are on the outskirts of dhaid on the dhaid maddam road two on the left side and one on the right.

sharjah i'm not going to begin to try to give proper directions but check out google earth as they are marked. short directions are, emirates road, turn left at national paints roundabout go straight through 3 roundabouts and then all the stuff you want is on the left over about 3 roads/blocks,(scrappies usually down the back streets, actual shops on the main streets)

musaffah, use a gps or you'll never find a particular yard again, dont ask me how i know this

Last edited by shiva; Aug 12th 2009 at 8:10 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

dhaid, depends which way your coming from but the yards are on the outskirts of dhaid on the dhaid maddam road two on the left side and one on the right.

sharjah i'm not going to begin to try to give proper directions but check out google earth as they are marked. short directions are, emirates road, turn left at national paints roundabout go straight through 2 roundabouts and then all the stuff you want is on the left over about 3 roads/blocks,(scrappies usually down the back streets, actual shops on the main streets)

musaffah, use a gps or you'll never find a particular yard again, dont ask me how i know this
Double cheers.

I know the rd your talking about in Dhaid. Will have a looksee later this aft on the way back from here.

Sharjah - directions were fine. It was a starting point I was looking for.

Think I will just give Musaffah a wide berth unless it is 100% required and then I'll drop bread crumbs!

Cheers again for the help.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

feeling generous, the yards are mostly in industrial area 2

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...6&z=15&iwloc=A
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:14 am
**** it we'll do it live

Double cheers.

I know the rd your talking about in Dhaid. Will have a looksee later this aft on the way back from here.

Sharjah - directions were fine. It was a starting point I was looking for.

Think I will just give Musaffah a wide berth unless it is 100% required and then I'll drop bread crumbs!

Cheers again for the help.
nb dhaid yards are closed fridays and close at about 4pm daily
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

dhaid scrappies

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...11319&t=h&z=17
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Shiva,

what a font of knowledge today....

or are you in the pre-vacation rundown

enjoy the old country
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

feeling generous, the yards are mostly in industrial area 2

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...6&z=15&iwloc=A
Awesome!

Again - Cheers! Most appreciated!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:29 am
**** it we'll do it live

mussafh
cant remember but i think this is the best bit in musaffah for cars

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.022638&z=16

commander, am well into "get me the **** out of here and back to civilization" holiday mood