Vilamoura

Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

ruthinportugal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vilamoura

Hi,
we live near Vilamoura and here are our suggestions:
2 great fish restaurants:
João da Pesca in Quinta da Romão in Quarteira- you can walk there from Vilamoura in ten or fifteen minutes
Barca- near the top of the main hill in Quarteira turn up at the bus terminal- this one is too far to walk, get a taxi.
The Thai restaurant in Vilamoura opposite Macdonalds is very good but quite expensive.
On the way out of Quarteira towards Almancil (by Fonte Santa) try Marufo I think its called it looks a little bit like a shack but is always busy and has great (and cheap) chicken piri-piri.
On the road into Almancil (from Quarteira) try Delicious Dishes from Shanghai (catchy name!) for yummy chinese.
Last but not least there are two really really good fresh food/vegetarian type restaurants in Loulé one behind the fruit and veg market near the church, the other called Cantina das Sabores or something like that in the centre on the opposite site of the mini roundabout from the main pedestrian street and to the left, on the opposite side of the roundabout from the castle.
Wow that sounds like all I ever think about is food- funny that!
Sorry about the directions- I never know the names of any streets!
Have a great holiday
Ruth
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Torgut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vilamoura

Originally Posted by ruthinportugal
Hi,
we live near Vilamoura and here are our suggestions:
2 great fish restaurants:
João da Pesca in Quinta da Romão in Quarteira- you can walk there from Vilamoura in ten or fifteen minutes
Barca- near the top of the main hill in Quarteira turn up at the bus terminal- this one is too far to walk, get a taxi.
The Thai restaurant in Vilamoura opposite Macdonalds is very good but quite expensive.
On the way out of Quarteira towards Almancil (by Fonte Santa) try Marufo I think its called it looks a little bit like a shack but is always busy and has great (and cheap) chicken piri-piri.
On the road into Almancil (from Quarteira) try Delicious Dishes from Shanghai (catchy name!) for yummy chinese.
Last but not least there are two really really good fresh food/vegetarian type restaurants in Loulé one behind the fruit and veg market near the church, the other called Cantina das Sabores or something like that in the centre on the opposite site of the mini roundabout from the main pedestrian street and to the left, on the opposite side of the roundabout from the castle.
Wow that sounds like all I ever think about is food- funny that!
Sorry about the directions- I never know the names of any streets!
Have a great holiday
Ruth
Just a quick note about Cantina dos Sabores to point out two problems with this place:

1) They only have a few options in the menu and often half of them are over by 20:00 or so.

2) It's always crowded, previous reservation is adviced.