Drop a gooly?

Old Oct 21st 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of
Default Drop a gooly?

I don't know if this has been asked before-(yes I did look in search)--Has any one returned to UK , realized they have dropped a gooly and gone back to NZ or Oz? A pal of mine admits that he and family went back to Scotland and lasted 4yrs -then came back here to NZ. I wonder what is the quickest turn-a-round. Land at Heathrow, pouring with rain, freezing cold and looking around in the arrivals area and noticing that you and your lot are the only white faces there!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

What a piece of work!!

Lets hope the Kiwi's don't judge the state of their country by the number of immigrants or your stuffed.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:35 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Quick Return to Oz

Originally posted by louH
What a piece of work!!

Lets hope the Kiwi's don't judge the state of their country by the number of immigrants or your stuffed.
:scared:
Old Oct 21st 2003, 10:42 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Quick Return to Oz

What a piece of work!!

:scared: We moved to Oz in July 01. I couldn't get used to it. We came home 7mths later. Hubby booked flight in 2 days and flew back to Oz 10 days later. Still prefers it over UK but realises everywhere has pros and cons.
I went back to Oz 10 weeks later and settled better but I came home a week ago (20 mths later) and am waiting to hear if he is coming back.

However, house prices are scaring me to death (still have a house here but I can't pay the mortgage on my own) and I hear there's a new tax in the pipeline for sellers of 40 percent on what you sell! What else can they do you for over here in Blighty.

Still prefer to see a bit of decent architecture, villages, countryside, no snakes and killer ticks on my dog and people do have a brain here. However the government is trying massive scare tactics on 'em here. Am I panicking for nowt?

Mumomonty
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:12 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

What a piece of work!!

Way to go Lou!
Old Oct 21st 2003, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Jetskigirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drop a gooly?

After living in Oz for 10 years I went back to UK which was only meant to be maximum 1 year. I emigrated to Oz on my own, married and divorced an Aussie......but I always was homesick for family etc etc, and never quite settled........unfortunately when I went back I was ready to jump back on the plane, not long afterwards.....I missed old friends in England when I left, etc etc, but when I went back didnt really feel I belonged anymore, and I probably had outgrown people, or had changed considerably to feel I didn´t belong. I then of course missed my friends in Oz.....Anyway, In the end I left after 2 years as I didnt like the lifestyle or weather, being stuck indoors, and too many people are glued to "soaps", so compromised in going to Spain, whereby I got the weather and a similar lifestyle and not too far to jump on a plane back to visit my family. The hardest thing is that I do find England expensive and reading the paper at the moment is depressing as its all doom and gloom.

I dont know whether anyone else has experienced this, but my heart is in so many places, but mostly its people I´ve made friends with along the way I miss. I would love to have a big shopping trolley and take all the people I care about with me, But I think wherever we live, its about people and those we care about, having sunshine etc etc, is nice, but bloody lonely if the other factors arent there and I personally think it takes a while to find real friends, opposed to aquaintances you have fun with. I love Australia as a country, but I do find it too far away to pop over and visit my family for a weekend and since they are elderly, and time is short to spend time with I guess Spain might be my home for a while, until the next adventure.....

Jetskigirl.

Originally posted by Tooanfrom
I don't know if this has been asked before-(yes I did look in search)--Has any one returned to UK , realized they have dropped a gooly and gone back to NZ or Oz? A pal of mine admits that he and family went back to Scotland and lasted 4yrs -then came back here to NZ. I wonder what is the quickest turn-a-round. Land at Heathrow, pouring with rain, freezing cold and looking around in the arrivals area and noticing that you and your lot are the only white faces there!
:scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2003, 12:55 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Quick Return to Oz

Originally posted by mumomonty
:scared: We moved to Oz in July 01. I couldn't get used to it. We came home 7mths later. Hubby booked flight in 2 days and flew back to Oz 10 days later. Still prefers it over UK but realises everywhere has pros and cons.
I went back to Oz 10 weeks later and settled better but I came home a week ago (20 mths later) and am waiting to hear if he is coming back.

However, house prices are scaring me to death (still have a house here but I can't pay the mortgage on my own) and I hear there's a new tax in the pipeline for sellers of 40 percent on what you sell! What else can they do you for over here in Blighty.

Still prefer to see a bit of decent architecture, villages, countryside, no snakes and killer ticks on my dog and people do have a brain here. However the government is trying massive scare tactics on 'em here. Am I panicking for nowt?

Mumomonty
So are you in the UK and your hubby is in Oz then?
a friend of mine here didn't want to come in the first place but he said if she didn't go he would go alone! Charming!
She would love to return to the UK after two years here but knows if she does it will be alone alone. How sad

I am returning with Hubby and daughter but before we came out here we said if we weren't all happy then we would all return.

I'am certain 100% we won't be coming back.

Old Oct 22nd 2003, 8:30 pm
Member of Mumo-land

Default Goolified

Yes I'm here alone - well me and my dog.
Pretty certain hubby will come along soon but don't blame himif not as he prefers it.
I had too much of a different lifestyle. I wouldn't return to Oz unless desperate and had thought about NZ but it seemed to lack something and I love the villages here as they have a 'heart'. It must be the age of the places here.
I'm into horses too and that was not too great in Oz. The network of animal care, farriery (shoeing) is second to none in the UK. We have so many people to call on. It's great in that arespect.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 12:00 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Goolified

Originally posted by mumomonty
Yes I'm here alone - well me and my dog.
Pretty certain hubby will come along soon but don't blame himif not as he prefers it.
I had too much of a different lifestyle. I wouldn't return to Oz unless desperate and had thought about NZ but it seemed to lack something and I love the villages here as they have a 'heart'. It must be the age of the places here.
I'm into horses too and that was not too great in Oz. The network of animal care, farriery (shoeing) is second to none in the UK. We have so many people to call on. It's great in that arespect.
I hope sorts it self out for you and your hubby returns.

I to had to much of a different lifestyle. I have had horses most of my life and found a lovely home fro my horse before coming here, he had feet problems so didn't want to sell him (long story!).
When we arrived here it was lovely to have a rest from my busy life back in the Uk from the horses. That soon wore thin!
I managed to get a part time job mucking out 3 days and exercising the horses for another 3 days. Not the same when you are mucking out other peoples horses though!! and in 43c is not what I call a 'paradise life' !!!!

I had a good social life around the livery yard and had many good friends. People often say to me "why don't you get another horse here then?" but it's not the same as the horsey 'culture' back in the UK is it? A lot of people here just have a horse for the sake of it and many are left skinny and uncared for.

The lady I work for took three weeks before her and her vet decided that one of her horses that had been kicked in it's leg needed hospital treatment!! After which they found it was broken and infection of the bone had already set in!!!
:scared: It was operated on and is in a paddock recovering!!

Stick to your life in the UK, there is no where better if you love the countryside and horses as much as I do!
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 10:41 am
Member of Mumo-land

Talking HorseLifeOz

Hi JaneyRay,

Your experience sounds a bit like mine regarding the horses. It gets in your blood, the horses. i have 2. I didn't sell them. One I had from 6 yrs old and he is 31 ish. The other I've had for a mere 9 yrs and he's about 13. One is with a friend, the other with my sister. The younger one was on loan to someone when I came over to Oz, but she sent him back b ecause 'she was getting too attached to him and thought I'd want him back. I must admit I couldnt have aprted iwth him at that stage.
Because I've been over in Oz for a while and they've not been withme I've become detached. I don't know how I was able to do it nd not worry about them but I suppose I trusted the people they were with completely. I couldn't find any work in Oz unless I worked in Sydney and I'd been doing so much traveling in the UK (Horses were 35 MILES away and I'd get up at 4 am and be back home at 10 pm andworking full time was a necessity)

I couldn't bear another summer and my dog would have to have another rabies jab and i'm into naturopathy and didnt' like putting that into his little body in the first place. However, it's preferable to 6 mths quarantine isn't it? I would still be in Oz if it came to that.

I always said and meant it that I wouldnot get a horse in Oz. The riding was boring - just trails if you were lucky and I hated the fact that it was that or it was round and roundin a school and it was too muggy most of the time! How boring can you get? I got used to wathcing for the snakes but the vet care left me speechless. I don't think I am exagerating to say it is poor. My friends horse was desperately ill with colic and she rang me in tears to say that the vet was going out for a meal!!!!!!!!!! He'd left the horse rigged up to the carport with a saline drip and when I looked at it the next day I noticed that all the drugs he was given were 3 yrs or more old.

I've had vets ring me here out of concern in the UK for my horses. It's so different and at lest you can insure for vet bills here. I hated the fires for the horses there too. I guess that Aussies don't get attached because the envirnment is harsh and things could get taken away from them???

Anyway, all the best. Thanks for making me feel better. I am enjoying my country walks with the dog. I doubt I can afford to have my horses back with me but we will see. At least we have our little shoe box (house!) and didn't sell up. It's only the financial side I worryabout here. Weather never has worried me.

Take care JaneyRay and if you wanna post or exchange emails, let me know. Mumomonty