ACS Delimma...

Old Apr 22nd 2014, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

AnnZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS Delimma...

Hi,
My problem is very rare i guess as this case has never caught my eye at this or any other site.
Well, I was assessed +ve 8 yrs of experience from ACS last Feb 2013as a Developer Programmer. I got EOI and logged my visa app this feb 2014. CO ask for new ACS letter. And after paying another 50 dollars I got ACS letter saying my last 3 yrs of experience is relevant to ANZSCO 261312.
I am not working since Nov 2010 due to some personal issues. Now I am worried what will happen? Will CO approve me to get visa or GOD FORBID it will be rejected...
Please share your thoughts.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 11:29 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Delimma...

Originally Posted by AnnZ
Hi,
My problem is very rare i guess as this case has never caught my eye at this or any other site.
Well, I was assessed +ve 8 yrs of experience from ACS last Feb 2013as a Developer Programmer. I got EOI and logged my visa app this feb 2014. CO ask for new ACS letter. And after paying another 50 dollars I got ACS letter saying my last 3 yrs of experience is relevant to ANZSCO 261312.
I am not working since Nov 2010 due to some personal issues. Now I am worried what will happen? Will CO approve me to get visa or GOD FORBID it will be rejected...
Please share your thoughts.
Did the new letter say anything about the other experience? Did they assess that to a related occupation code or not recognise it at all?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks lot for the reply.
Well, they said my skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code and next they said the employment after mid of 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer)
However, all my previous jobs which were all with same duties almost but under different Job titles are also listed down in letter. This letter is same as first letter but with the addition of 2nd line.

Well, i m also wondering why ACS says their assessment is valid for 2 yrs?? because mine is an yr old only and they changed their words for my assessment..
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks lot for the reply.
Well, they said my skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code and next they said the employment after mid of 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer)
However, all my previous jobs which were all with same duties almost but under different Job titles are also listed down in letter. This letter is same as first letter but with the addition of 2nd line.

Well, i m also wondering why ACS says their assessment is valid for 2 yrs?? because mine is an yr old only and they changed their words for my assessment..
ACS changed their assessment criteria last May and added a requirement for a number of years experience to be deemed skilled. By asking for another letter, you have been assessed under the new criteria by the sound of it.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Yes I know this change already but they never mentioned in their letters that the validity is for 2 yrs "Provided No Change in Rules"
Means they must mention that validity is subject to change.

Anyways, now my question is what are my chances for a visa grant?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:48 am

Yes I know this change already but they never mentioned in their letters that the validity is for 2 yrs "Provided No Change in Rules"
Means they must mention that validity is subject to change.

Anyways, now my question is what are my chances for a visa grant?
I would assume that your original letter is valid, but DIBP could apply the new rules to it anyway.

I wouldn't like to say what your chances are - not sure anyone would. What does your agent say?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm...............my agent has no clues....
Anyways thanks for the reply.
I was thinking if anyone else faced this same situation??

Hoping for the good though!