Reload this Page >

LAFHA - Budget 2012/13

LAFHA - Budget 2012/13

Old May 8th 2012, 10:07 am
Banned

kmthor - mackay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LAFHA - Budget 2012/13

Originally Posted by martin1978
Good riddance to it. Why should my tax subsidise someone elses wage when it's them that chose to come and live here and work on the 457.

You might want to brush up on what your commenting about as its not just the 457 guys that are effected.

i pay TAX and i live here i also recieve LAFHA
Old May 8th 2012, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor - mackay
interesting... im assuming that is your opinion and we are entitled to our own
Err yes you can certainly say that if it makes you feel better ....

Just like the post above was someone else's opinion and I am entitled to my own.
Old May 8th 2012, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to brush up on what your commenting about as its not just the 457 guys that are effected.

i pay TAX and i live here i also recieve LAFHA
I am sure that most know very well how LAFHA works and what is changing. And yes you pay tax, but not enough, that will change soon and rightly so.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

saintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nicesaintstu is just really nice

Originally Posted by martin1978
Good riddance to it. Why should my tax subsidise someone elses wage when it's them that chose to come and live here and work on the 457.
If we can't attract the right, skilled people, to this Country, projects won't happen and the economy will slow down. There are already labour shortages in certain skilled professions, this is going to make that even worse.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like may be all good for the 457 Visa holders, check out page 25

http://www.budget.gov.au/2012-13/con...nsolidated.pdf

The reforms will apply from 1 July 2012 for arrangements entered into after 7.30pm
(AEST) on 8 May 2012, and from 1 July 2014 for arrangements entered into prior to that
time.

maybe
Old May 8th 2012, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by saintstu
If we can't attract the right, skilled people, to this Country, projects won't happen and the economy will slow down. There are already labour shortages in certain skilled professions, this is going to make that even worse.
If company's want or need skills from overseas they will pay for them. You will see.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

towers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud oftowers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bingobob777

The reforms will apply from 1 July 2012 for arrangements entered into after 7.30pm
(AEST) on 8 May 2012, and from 1 July 2014 for arrangements entered into prior to that
time.

maybe
Oh I really really hope this is right - another year would be just so helpful
Old May 8th 2012, 11:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am sure that most know very well how LAFHA works and what is changing.
im pretty sure the most people DONT and that is why there companies dedicated to the subject i believe one of the directors posts on here.

And yes you pay tax, but not enough, that will change soon and rightly so.
the point here was it does not just effect 457s. But you keep banging on im sure all the people that do work in the sector will come around.

Last edited by kmthor - mackay; May 8th 2012 at 11:33 am.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If company's want or need skills from overseas they will pay for them. You will see.
or take there mines off shore due to cost.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

time.

maybe
Great spot thanks very much.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:50 am
Banned

does anyone else read it that if your FIFO the one year limit dosnt effect you? also does the paragraph that reads the government will consult with tax experts and employers mean this can still change?
Old May 8th 2012, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

time.

maybe
So those already on LAFHA can get it (untouched?) for another 2 years. Looks that way. Plus details of changes to come after consultation. Quite a neat result for those of us already here and already getting LAFHA - as new hires from today 8 May won't get LAFHA then it means us people already here become more attractive and we may see salary increases as well as the companies try to entice new hires with better pay!
Old May 8th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

cubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant futurecubeonly has a brilliant future

does anyone else read it that if your FIFO the one year limit dosnt effect you? also does the paragraph that reads the government will consult with tax experts and employers mean this can still change?
I think the FIFO aspects will be subject to a lot of conditions after the consultations and detailed legislation.
Old May 8th 2012, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I a, kind of with Bermudashorts on this one. But there is one issue I don't think has been thought through. My employer is now going to have to pay those on 457 visas an extra $30k a year. But, that means they are on an increased salary to me. Naturally, I wouldn't be too happy about that, so I am also going to require a pay rise. Then everybody else whose grades are going to say, hey, the gap between these guys is too big I need a pay rise. So the cost to business is huge potentially.
Old May 8th 2012, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

or take there mines off shore due to cost.
Well I am far from an expert in mining but isn't the mine attached to the surface of Australia. Not sure how they would take it offshore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.