Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plan to move Adelaide in end of May

Plan to move Adelaide in end of May

Old Apr 15th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

aanitahir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plan to move Adelaide in end of May

I just got my PR and plan to move from Pakistan to adelaide in the end of May. I am totally blank about from where to start. How much money i need to survive at least a month without any earning. I have my husband and 3 years old daughter.

Any suggesstions for rent out flats, and other things to survive?
Old Apr 15th 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Default Moving to Adelaide

Any guidance where to start and how much money need to spend a month without any job for 3 family members.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 10:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Adelaide

Originally Posted by aanitahir
Any guidance where to start and how much money need to spend a month without any job for 3 family members.
I have moved your post to a thread of its own - you posted in a thread about meet-ups, more likely to get the help you need in the main forum.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: Plan to move Adelaide in end of May

You can look at www.realestate.com.au at rental prices. Cost will really be determined by the area you live in and the type of property you are looking for. Bear in mind that you are really unlikely to secure a rental from overseas and many people look to stay in a furnished holiday let or caravan park for the first few weeks. Transport costs will vary again, based on where you settle and how far from work you are. If you are looking to hire a car we have used these guys before http://aussiecarrentals.com.au/. They use slightly older cars (all under 10 years old though) so a bit cheaper. We live in Mt Barker and my OH commutes into Adelaide on the bus which saves us a fortune in City car parking. You may also have to factor in childcare costs which are not cheap!!!!! Also factor in utility bills etc. Food is not cheap but you can shop economically if you put your mind to it.

You don't say what type of job you and/or your OH will be looking for so it is really hard to guess where you might be looking to work/live.

I have a three year old son (as well as one older daughter and one younger daughter) so could meet up for a play date once you arrive if you are within striking distance!

Good luck with the move!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:09 am
Emeritus Senior Minister

Paul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud ofPaul2O has much to be proud of

As far as I know, there are not many jobs in Adelaide. Could be ok for specific professions though.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Plan to move Adelaide in end of May

We arrived 11 Nov 08 with no job and OH started work on 1st Dec, having negotiated an extra week to finish sorting driving licences etc. I grant that was a few years ago but there are jobs around. As previous poster says, may depend on what you do. We may have fewer jobs advertised than Melbourne, Sydney eyc but then we also have a smaller population chaaing them.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

*chasing*
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:40 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I just got my PR and plan to move from Pakistan to adelaide in the end of May. I am totally blank about from where to start. How much money i need to survive at least a month without any earning. I have my husband and 3 years old daughter.

Any suggesstions for rent out flats, and other things to survive?
For hire cars I found Europcar worked out cheaper than the site quoted above and also provides unlimited mileage. I'll be booking mine through Travelbag same as I did for our validation trip.

We're arriving end August in Adelaide and have booked 5 weeks in furnished accom. Not cheap though The caravan park in Mt Barker is cheaper but basic and the 7 days we spent there in Feb was enough to steer us towards the furnished rental

Not sure about Pakistan but getting a driving licence will cost us the best part of $400 EACH for a 10 year licence You may have to sit a theory/practical test - best check the SA Government website.

Second the advice regarding RealEstate.com.au we're on it all the time but don't believe the photos online is what we've been told

Big initial expenses I'm looking at are cheap car, initial accomm, rental bond and, depending on job situation, possibly 6 months rent up front That lot should be between 15 - 20k

good luck and any question give me a shout
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Default Plan to go in end of May to Adelaide

Hi to all we are in next step now after getting visa, guide us about one month expense in start
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have merged your three threads together, no point in asking the same question over again
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan to go in end of May to Adelaide

Hi to all we are in next step now after getting visa, guide us about one month expense in start
We all spend different things in a month, look at rental websites and see what you want to spend. I went through GBP18k in my first month, which included deposit on a car, rental bond, five weeks temporary accomodation, basics to get set up (bedding, crockery etc) whilst waiting for container.

I recommend you take a lot more than one month worth of funds, of course some people will find work within this time frame, but it would be highly optimistic to assume it.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:55 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plan to go in end of May to Adelaide

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
We all spend different things in a month, look at rental websites and see what you want to spend. I went through GBP18k in my first month, which included deposit on a car, rental bond, five weeks temporary accomodation, basics to get set up (bedding, crockery etc) whilst waiting for container.

I recommend you take a lot more than one month worth of funds, of course some people will find work within this time frame, but it would be highly optimistic to assume it.
and even if you find work in the first month you'll need two months worth until the first paycheck hits your bank account
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
For hire cars I found Europcar worked out cheaper than the site quoted above and also provides unlimited mileage. I'll be booking mine through Travelbag same as I did for our validation trip.

We're arriving end August in Adelaide and have booked 5 weeks in furnished accom. Not cheap though The caravan park in Mt Barker is cheaper but basic and the 7 days we spent there in Feb was enough to steer us towards the furnished rental

Not sure about Pakistan but getting a driving licence will cost us the best part of $400 EACH for a 10 year licence You may have to sit a theory/practical test - best check the SA Government website.

Second the advice regarding RealEstate.com.au we're on it all the time but don't believe the photos online is what we've been told

Big initial expenses I'm looking at are cheap car, initial accomm, rental bond and, depending on job situation, possibly 6 months rent up front That lot should be between 15 - 20k

good luck and any question give me a shout
Just get a 2 or 3 year driving licence to start.

My ex hubby got a 10 year one, then got banned from driving after 2 years lost the 8 years that were left, and had to get a new licence once the ban was lifted
Old Apr 17th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy

My ex hubby got a 10 year one, then got banned from driving after 2 years lost the 8 years that were left, and had to get a new licence once the ban was lifted
This is the reason I only renew mine for a year at a time. Just incase.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:23 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by Wendy

Originally Posted by xzibit
This is the reason I only renew mine for a year at a time. Just incase.
3 years it is then, still a bloody rip-off mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.