Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is employer reference older than 3 years worth to include in the visa application

Is employer reference older than 3 years worth to include in the visa application

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

lucben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is employer reference older than 3 years worth to include in the visa application

I would like to have your thoughts on this. I had my skills assessment done, I have been granted state sponsorship lately and I score enough points for the 475 visa so I am now ready to apply.

At first I thought that I would only have to show my "recent work experience" (12 months out of 24) because anyway I don't have the specific work experience requirement filled (3 years out of 4). However, I have been told that I should include references of ALL previous jobs.

Do you think that I should also include my employer references from ALL previous jobs older than 3 years or this won't change anything to the eyes of the CO?

Thank you
LB
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bhavz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is employer reference older than 3 years worth to include in the visa application

Originally Posted by lucben
I would like to have your thoughts on this. I had my skills assessment done, I have been granted state sponsorship lately and I score enough points for the 475 visa so I am now ready to apply.

At first I thought that I would only have to show my "recent work experience" (12 months out of 24) because anyway I don't have the specific work experience requirement filled (3 years out of 4). However, I have been told that I should include references of ALL previous jobs.

Do you think that I should also include my employer references from ALL previous jobs older than 3 years or this won't change anything to the eyes of the CO?

Thank you
LB
Hi It's worth including anything you have related to the job you are being sponsored for u to at least the past 5 years, as you will note that on the description for nominated position you are applying for it will say at least 5 years worth of work experince.

Good Luck
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Is employer reference older than 3 years worth to include in the visa application

Originally Posted by Bhavz
Hi It's worth including anything you have related to the job you are being sponsored for u to at least the past 5 years, as you will note that on the description for nominated position you are applying for it will say at least 5 years worth of work experince.

Good Luck
Hi Bhavz,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I don't have a job sponsorship but a state regional sponsorship (visa subclass 475). The only requirement I have to meet is the recent work experience which is only 12 months out of 24 before logdging the application.

I can't find anywhere else details regarding requirements of the visa 475 that say more than the past 2 years of work experience needed. Except of course, if I want more points for specific work experience, which is not my case.

If there is something I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks.
LB
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lucben
Hi Bhavz,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I don't have a job sponsorship but a state regional sponsorship (visa subclass 475). The only requirement I have to meet is the recent work experience which is only 12 months out of 24 before logdging the application.

I can't find anywhere else details regarding requirements of the visa 475 that say more than the past 2 years of work experience needed. Except of course, if I want more points for specific work experience, which is not my case.

If there is something I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks.
LB
Let me clarify in this way:
Whenever you have been sponsored by a state against your nominated occupation they have assessed your CV and work experiences. Did you mention all the experience you have in your work life? If "Yes" then you need to provide all the work references of last 4 years as I have provided in my application.

Cheers
Safaet
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Safaet
Let me clarify in this way:
Whenever you have been sponsored by a state against your nominated occupation they have assessed your CV and work experiences. Did you mention all the experience you have in your work life? If "Yes" then you need to provide all the work references of last 4 years as I have provided in my application.

Cheers
Safaet
Hi Safaet,

What you are saying makes alot of sense. I should stick to what was in my resume and the other documents I sent for my state sponsorship.

Cheers.
LB